• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arizona cop cleared in hotel shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BANGS

Banned
Calling someone who did nothing illegal a perp.

That’s how people who slavishly worship authority think. Authority killed him, and authority is incapable of wrongdoing, so he must have been a criminal.

Cops are taught they can beat and kill whoever they please as long as they say the right magic words.

"Stop Resisting"

"I feared for my life"

"He went for my gun"

There are no good cops.

lmfao, it's almost like people are as extreme as possible to out themselves as joke accounts...

So because it's a job and not a religion you're free to demonize all cops ?

I just checked, there's around 750000 officers, are you seriously telling me all of them are scum ? Just because, in this specific case, one trigger-happy cop killed an innocent guy ?

Yes. Yes I am

All 750,000 cops will gleefully and readily rally around any murderer as long as he has a badge. Any cop who dares to try and do the right thing is turned on and eventually stops being cops. The system is rotten.

If there were good cops then literal child-killers would not get off scott free and then the cops blaming the victim's parents.

lmfao, it's almost like people are as extreme as possible to out themselves as joke accounts...

Tell me, do you love the taste of cop boot or do you just enjoy the thrill of licking them.

Cop gave him fair warning to not reach behind him or he would be shot.

Its one thing to say after the fact that it was just airsoft rifles and they were in no danger but in the heat of the moment the cop is thinking its either me going home or him.

Well if this isn't the most horseshit post in the history of GAF then I don't know what is.

So he was reaching backwards to take his rifle, in an empty hallway? Dude was scared out of his mind, and the cop was escalating the situation for pretty much no reason whatsoever. Shocking news: American police who is terrible at his job. Thankfully this doesn't happen too often. /s (and no, that doesn't mean every cop is bad at their job)

In any other country that itchy trigger finger loser would be sitting behind bars for the rest of his life.

You do realize pockets exist, right?

You put rifles in pockets these days? That cop didn't know how to do his job, period. And if that subtle move can be classified as "reaching for a gun/was scared for my safety", then just take all the rules of the list and let them shoot whenever they feel like it.

You do realize pockets exist, right?

You do realize that a sobbing, terrified man begging for his life is not going to whip out his semi-auto pistol hidden in a secret pocket in his shorts and headshot 5 cops in a split second.

You put rifles in pockets these days? That cop didn't know how to do his job, period. And if that subtle move can be classified as "reaching for a gun/was scared for my safety", then just take all the rules of the list and let them shoot whenever they feel like it.

You say this like it isn't actually the case already.

Dude Abides

Banned
You do realize that a sobbing, terrified man begging for his life is not going to whip out his semi-auto pistol hidden in a secret pocket in his shorts and headshot 5 cops in a split second.

Unfortunately coddled and sheltered dudes like BANGS have no life experience so they think real life is like their video games.

From what I've gathered there were five of them and only one opened fire. I guess the other cops just didn't have the elite reflexes required to neutralize such a grave threat.

luxsol

From what I've gathered there were five of them and only one opened fire. I guess the other cops just didn't have the elite reflexes required to neutralize such a grave threat.
There were 6.
The one barking the orders was the Sgt. The shooter is a different guy.

One thing to notice is that the Sgt was starting to reprimand the drunkard when he put his hand to his side to lift his pants up before he got interupted by the shooting opening fire.

So the Sgt was going to do the same thing he had been doing before (until he was interupted by itchy fingers) when the drunkard was messing up the commands when he was just kneeing which his hands up, which was just threaten him some more, because the Sgt could see that he had nothing in his hands. Undoubtedly the shooter could see the drunkard's hands were empty too, since he's taller than the camera and the angle would have allowed him to see the hand reaching for the side (not the back).
Plus, the second before he shoots the drunkard's hand is visibly empty and pointing to the ground, if not on the ground.

FoxSpirit

To anyone defending this: your idea of police work is garbage. Your ability to perceive a situation is garbage. Your empathy is garbage.

I reserve further judgement.

Ya'll do know that more guns doesn't result in less crime right? Read the research on why crime has fallen. It's economic and many factors.

Video game usage has gone up while crime has gone down, correlation!

You're not pretending to be angry enough. 2/10 virtue signaling...
Protip saying "virtue signaling" just tells everybody that you have no morals of your own and can not comprihend people having values and moral codes outside of trying to gain something, thus outing you as a socieopath.

Or it outs you as a nazi troll. Either way, it bankrupts any arguments you make.

luxsol

Ya'll do know that more guns doesn't result in less crime right? Read the research on why crime has fallen. It's economic and many factors.

Video game usage has gone up while crime has gone down, correlation!

And cops are killing more people despite crime has gone down.

luxsol

Protip saying "virtue signaling" just tells everybody that you have no morals of your own and can not comprihend people having values and moral codes outside of trying to gain something, thus outing you as a socieopath.

Or it outs you as a nazi troll. Either way, it bankrupts any arguments you make.

I think the reality is far worse, since some people here are out for blood, even though the shooter made a really fucking stupid mistake.

I think the reality is far worse, since some people here are out for blood, even though the shooter made a really fucking stupid mistake.

He didn't make any mistakes. He was forced into an unwinnable situation by a bunch of bloodthirsty animals.

Da-Kid

Police have always been an issue here in America one way or the other. Police seem not to be taught that a mistake can cost someone their life. It's taught that a mistake can cost them their lives instead.

You think a Fireman goes into a situation expecting to come out alive? If he did that may mean he may do the wrong things to guarantee he does.

Police have multiple tools and training to de-esculate or immobilize a person or situation but seemingly fail often to use those tools and training and just going for the gun. In that situation here, at that close of range, they could have just tazed the guy, or just you know... Arrest him while he was on the ground?????

luxsol

He didn't make any mistakes. He was forced into an unwinnable situation by a bunch of bloodthirsty animals.
He made a mistake.
Everyone else, including the Sgt making the death threats in the first place, didn't shoot him.
Way too itchy finger and he should have known better, hence so many people thinking he should have been punished more.

Police have always been an issue here in America one way or the other. Police seem not to be taught that a mistake can cost someone their life. It's taught that a mistake can cost them their lives instead.
Great truth

Police have multiple tools and training to de-esculate or immobilize a person or situation but seemingly fail often to use those tools and training and just going for the gun. In that situation here, at that close of range, they could have just tazed the guy, or just you know... Arrest him while he was on the ground?????
The supposed situation they were facing, supposed shooter, makes them use deadly force. It's the same reason you see during school shootings or the Boston bombing all those kids and families running away with their hands up or over their heads while the cops are pointing guns at them.
They won't/can't use less than lethal force when it comes to situations like that, hence kids getting shot for holding toy guys.

And that's part of the problem.
You have freaked out soccermoms calling the cops because they see a kid or anyone with a gun and believe they're going to shoot up the place, even though they sometimes say "i think it's a toy gun, but just to be safe than sorry..." *kid gets killed because cops have to treat it as a serious threat*

It's people on edge, overreacting, same as this thread with people calling for the blood of the cop and/or calling him a murderer (if not all cops are evil).
Humans love overreacting and they're going to defend their view point with tooth and nail, which can be detrimental to everyone.

He made a mistake.
Everyone else, including the Sgt making the death threats in the first place, didn't shoot him.
Way too itchy finger and he should have known better, hence so many people thinking he should have been punished more.

Oh oops I misread your post and thought you were saying the victim made a mistake.

Exile20

How can anyone defend the cop? The cops did nothing but make it worst. The guy was drunk and they barked orders that made no sense and was confusing.

Why make him do Simon says instead of lift you shirt, spin, turn around, hands on head, then walk up with handcuffs and done.

Fuck that cop and fuck the cops for doing this shit.

Senua

How can anyone defend the cop?

Bootlicker.jpg

I'm usually surprised when I hear poor white people defend cops. They have good reason to protest police brutality. They lock 'em up like its going out of style.

The occasional white man getting shot is the price they're willing to pay to have the system keep blacks under their thumb,

The occasional white man getting shot is the price they're willing to pay to have the system keep blacks under their thumb,

It would be nice to say no, that's not true, but then you remember that the same ones benefiting from food stamps want to take it away because fox news told them that minorities are getting what they don't deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom