• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT9| Rick and Morty Mafia now taking Sign Ups!

Verelios

I've been counting since before you were born in this community, young'un
full

seems like the high activity members aren't as eager as the low activity players to play at the moment... a few pages ago in this thread, we saw cabot and hey_monkey, just as examples, pulling out of the R&M roster for a bit of break. the community's core members can probably use a bit of a breather to avoid burning out from playing back to back games.

so..... no new games until november, when the new recruitment thread will go up into main OT section

additionally, maybe this is a good time for those who'd like to reflect and review their past performances to reread how they did in previous games. maybe is a good chance to try and prep and upskill in future games. gafia's quality of play can definitely use a lift.
o4Bn62W.gif

tumblr_inline_olyd16qzi91tmkl4x_500.gif

RetroMG

ATTENTION: IF YOU ARE SEEING THIS, COME TO OUTER GAFIA. IF YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS, COME ON HOME.

I'M EDITING THIS POST BECAUSE THE THREAD IS LOCKED.

CAPS ARE SO YOU NOTICE IT, LOL.

Announcement

Way back in the ancient year of 2015, shortly after Outer Gafia was built, Ouro stress-tested the site for me by hosting Metal Gear Solid Mafia. Today, he has decided to put the new site through it's paces as well.

Outer Gafia 2.0 will host the off-site boards for the first ever Gafia Invitational Mafia game!

ahhhhhh it's all happening!

Ourobolus

Banned
I'll be sending out role PMs on the new OG site in a couple of days, so please sign up before then. If you get your PM, please respond to that PM saying you received it.

Also the game thread and any other threads (e.g. Scum chat) will only open once the game is ready to start.

RetroMG

ATTENTION: IF YOU ARE SEEING THIS, COME TO OUTER GAFIA. IF YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS, COME ON HOME.

RetroMG

cabot

who wants unnecessary hype for a themed game coming to you sometime in the distant future?

giphy.gif

yeah me neither.

caboBear will form

Ourobolus

Banned
Ok, Rick and Morty finished with a decisive win for scum and a schadenfreude win for Ouro, so we're almost ready to get the Invitational going!

I'm still waiting on a couple of players to sign up on http://outergafia.net, so check your PMs - I've pinged you.

Game is tentatively scheduled to start 10/22 @ 1500 Pacific Time, if everyone signs up.

Ourobolus

Banned
Hooray! Everyone is signed up on nuOG.

PM's will be sent some time today, to your nuOG accounts. NeoGAF accounts. Apparently there are still some technical issues with PMs on nuOG that Retro is working out.

Note, you shouldn't be able to access the threads yet - game threads, scum threads, etc.

EDIT: ALL ROLE PMs HAVE BEEN SENT OUT

Game Start:
gre_1508709600.png

Ourobolus

Banned
Also we are going to try a new schedule. Weekends are typically slow for games, so we're gonna try this:

DAY PHASES - SUNDAY to TUESDAY, AND WEDNESDAY to FRIDAY.
NIGHT PHASES - TUESDAY to WEDNESDAY, AND FRIDAY TO SUNDAY.

All day starts/ends are at 1500 Pacific. Turbos will not shorten any phases.

RetroMG

RetroMG

SalvaPot

Would it be fine if I run a Vigilante game? Everyone gets a kill ability of some kind, balance its not an issue because there is no balance, also voting is going to be based on the same night actions,days and nights last only 24 hours and the theme is going to be Super Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch.

Who is up to it? Can I do it?

RetroMG

SalvaPot

How many players?

Let me know and we will look at it, possibly for the people who are not going to be in Ouro's game. We might also want Ouro's game to bleed off a few players first.

Yn's currently in charge of the game schedule, so let me get with her and see what she says.

As many as they want to enter, as a Vigilante game its going to be as simple as possible (Very similar to the Salty Spittoon game I made last time). Its going to be super casual and I'll do it here in NeoGAF if that's ok. I'm fine with any place on the schedule.

no new games planned until the invitational dropped in approx. 2 days time.

then, 18 players will play in the invitational. (read: so, if you've accepted the invites to ouro's game, please dont sign up to the vigi game)

salva, you can run your vigilante game if there's enough people, but mind that the new recruitment thread will drop at the main OT on Nov 13.

tl;dr, go ahead and see if there's enough players for your vigi game :>

SalvaPot

All right, I'll start inscriptions on Monday, I only need 10 players as a minimum AND I expect the game to last 2 weeks at most.

RetroMG

Well, now I can post, and I feel kind of silly about all those edits.

But if you know what or where Outer Gafia is, come on home. We'll go forward from there.

This is where we part ways, Tyler. Gafia's going on to the future.

A new Era, if you will.

Top Bottom