• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

How low do you guys predict the PSVR price will go during Black Friday? The full bundle (which is what I would need) is currently $580 after the recent price drop on Sept. 1. That's a nice drop from the insane $700 it cost at launch but still too much for me. I would probably need $500 to consider biting. Does that seem possible?

It's still looking light on must have games, but much better than launch last Fall. By the end of this year, this is the library of notable games waiting for new PSVR owners:

- Resident Evil 7
- Batman VR
- Moss
- Super Hot
- Farpoint
- Thumper
- Skyrim VR
- Eagle Flight
- RIGS
- Job Simulator

Any important ones missing from that list?
How could you forget PSVR Game of the Year, Dead of Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 3!?

Is there anything worse than seeing a great clearance deal on Best Buy but it's sold out and they leave it there for months? So frustrating.

Falrage

Neo Member
Is there anything worse than seeing a great clearance deal on Best Buy but it's sold out and they leave it there for months? So frustrating.

Yeah, that is annoying. I did see some clearance games at a Best Buy in store (One that included MGSV Day one for $13) but that was months ago.

jokkir

Still? Have you called or just been dealing with chat? It's so much easier getting stuff done by calling

Chat. I cancelled the order and just re-ordered it and should be coming by tomorrow. Going to try and get the 20% off still since I did the pre-order

MikeyB

Dear lord, I forgot how great trading games can be. The 2x trade in credit at EB Games let me walk in with Overwatch and walk out with Nier Automata for less than $3.

Lexxism

Dear lord, I forgot how great trading games can be. The 2x trade in credit at EB Games let me walk in with Overwatch and walk out with Nier Automata for less than $3.
And to think some would want them to go away. EB games has been great. Saved me a lot of money.

sikkinixx

Yup. I traded in 16 old ass PS4 and Xbone games (plus splatoon sadly) and my ps4 to get a Destiny Pro for free. A bunch of the games I had on plus or gold or PC anyway. Did the same when the switch came out. Their double value deals are pretty good.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is there a way to buy digital books/comics from the Amazon.com store but have them associated with my Amazon.ca account that I have the most of my Kindle stuff on?

Trying to take advantage of the comics sale at the last minute.

Kyolux

How low do you guys predict the PSVR price will go during Black Friday? The full bundle (which is what I would need) is currently $580 after the recent price drop on Sept. 1. That's a nice drop from the insane $700 it cost at launch but still too much for me. I would probably need $500 to consider biting. Does that seem possible?

It's still looking light on must have games, but much better than launch last Fall. By the end of this year, this is the library of notable games waiting for new PSVR owners:

- Resident Evil 7
- Batman VR
- Moss
- Superhot
- Farpoint
- Thumper
- Skyrim VR
- Eagle Flight
- RIGS
- Job Simulator

Any important ones missing from that list?

I'm sitting here waiting for that Obduction patch. It should be pretty great.

Otherwise, hmm..

Star Trek BC is pretty good
Rush of blood was great (even though I chickened out at some point)
The inpatient is coming too, but it's tough to tell if it'll be good or not.
Raw Data is releasing on Oct 10 too, that blew my mind on the Vive, tough call if it'll live up to it on the PSVR.

I'm probably forgetting some too. But Superhot is my favorite so far that I've played.

You should keep an eye on the PSVR thread for what's coming and people's impressions on games.

As for price drop, no idea, the thing is still selling like hotcakes. Will probably depend more on our dollar than anything.

edit: also Neko Atsumo VR is coming. :p
And more seriously Zone of the Enders 2

edit2: Just saw you posted on the vr thread.

zorbsie

Got my preorder in for Cuphead at EB today. The employee didn't know the game or the promotion. Couldn't find the game in the system either. I told her I saw it on twitter and she went on twitter to confirm it. She went back to the system and finally found the preorder offer. It was under digital releases and she was checking under physical. I'll get the mug on release day. Hope that helps anyone that is also looking for the preorder.

Ondore

So Layton's Mystery Journey (Lady Layton) is supposed to be out in 2 weeks and has a physical release, but has it ever gone up at Amazon?

Ventara

So Layton's Mystery Journey (Lady Layton) is supposed to be out in 2 weeks and has a physical release, but has it ever gone up at Amazon?

Not sure, but thanks for bringing it up; almost forgot about it. Think I'll take advantage of EB 2x trade promo to get this since the last Layton game never really dropped in price, and this one seems like it'll be rarer.

Marakh101

Neo Member
hR61puj.png

Anyone want to try & save on shipping costs by doing a group buy if it's not limited to 1 per order?

Count me in

jzbluz

Is there a way to buy digital books/comics from the Amazon.com store but have them associated with my Amazon.ca account that I have the most of my Kindle stuff on?

Trying to take advantage of the comics sale at the last minute.

Not really unless you want to migrate your Canadian account to the US one. I did the opposite years ago when the dollar went down, but now I can't buy anything from the American kindle store.

dibella360

Banned
I am in the market for a 4K tv... just in-time for the xbox one X.

With all the praise on this site for the KS8000, I finally been able to track one down for $1900 CDN (new) .

Is this still the best one or should I get something else.

leeman

etta

my hard graphic balls
It's still the best one.
The fuck, it's like saying iPhone 7 is still the best one with the iPhone 8 out.

One, the new model is probably better, KS9000 or whatever replaced the KS8000. And two, the Sony X900 series is better as well.

mdubs

Banned
So I guess we're probably not getting an SNES Classic orders on Amazon until release. They'll probably keep it for Prime members only too I assume (which tbh helps me since I don't have an order yet)

The fuck, it's like saying iPhone 7 is still the best one with the iPhone 8 out.

One, the new model is probably better, KS9000 or whatever replaced the KS8000. And two, the Sony X900 series is better as well.

From what I read ks8000 is better than the equivalent new Samsung model. Sony x900 is a different story.

Cake Boss

Banned
I am in the market for a 4K tv... just in-time for the xbox one X.

With all the praise on this site for the KS8000, I finally been able to track one down for $1900 CDN (new) .

Is this still the best one or should I get something else.

If you are around the GTA area, a bunch of A/V stores at the CNE is selling the OLED B7 or C7 for under $2000.

Depends what you're looking for.

The Sony 43" x800d from last year has a better panel than this year's x900d. New models don't always mean better when it comes to TVs.

Grimsen

Anyone lining up on thursday night for a SNES classic?

I'm in Quebec, and our local EB is not doing any line management, no tickets, nothing.

Thinking of checking TRU. With the bankrupcy, is it a good idea?

Tapejara

I was going to cancel my SNES Classic...and apparently I no longer have an order history with Best Buy? None of my orders (fulfilled or unfulfilled) show up. Anyone have the same issue?

Rbk_3

From what I read ks8000 is better than the equivalent new Samsung model. Sony x900 is a different story.

This is correct.

the KS8000 outperforms both the MU8000 and Q7 overall and even the Q9 in many of the most important areas. The numbers I put the most stock into for an HDR TV is (based on Rtings review):

Peak Brightness
KS8000 1472 Nits
Q9 1410 Nits
Q7 807 Nits
MU8000 583 Nits

Contrast Ratio
KS8000 6900:1
Q9 5069:1
Q7 4700:1
MU8000 4700:1

Black Uniformity
KS8000 9.9/10 Native Std. Dev: 0.432 %
MU8000 8.4/10 Native Std. Dev: 1.271 %
Q7 7.8/10 Native Std. Dev: 1.618 %
Q9 7.7/10 Native Std. Dev: 1.691 %

Grey Uniformity
Q7 7.8/10 50% Std. Dev: 3.955 % 50% DSE: 0.147 %
MU8000 7.8/10 50% Std. Dev: 4.068 % 50% DSE: 0.15 %
KS8000 7.5/10 50% Std. Dev: 3.536 % 50% DSE: 0.165 %
Q9 6.5/10 50% Std. Dev: 6.341 % 50% DSE: 0.218 %

Wide Color Gamut
Q7 DCI P3 99/99
Q9 DCI P3 98/99
KS8000 DCI P3 92/96
MU8000 DCI P3 83/94

Motion Response Time
Q7 9.9ms
Q9 10.4ms
MU8000 11.5ms
KS8000 18ms

Input Lag
All have great input lag in the low 20ms

Cake Boss

Banned
Really? I was happy to get mine (B7) for under $3000, and I could hardly find any stock when I did.

Yep, they don't advertise the price. You just go in and ask for a quote.

I got mine from Golden Electronics, Bayview Avenue, Richmond Hill, ON

I know people also got theirs from CNE for a bit cheaper at around $1800-1900.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
If you're still looking for a Nintendo Switch and have PC Points to burn....

Some (maybe even all) Real Canadian SuperStores got Nintendo Switches in about 2-3 weeks ago for their latest NO TAX weekend.. Here's the kicker: they didn't advertise they had switches.

Most loblaws chains completely gutted their electronics section early last year, but if you go to the customer service desk (usually where they also sell lottery tickets), they may have htem on display. If they don't, ask them to check the back, as some have moved them off the floor.

From my experience, they only had the grey joycon switch, and they had Splatoon 2 for $59... so the switch plus splatoon plus tax ended up being $521 after tax.

We had enough PC points to fully cover it, so it ended up being about ~$5 in environmental fees.

Good luck, when I got mine last weekend they had 6 left at my local store.

I was going to cancel my SNES Classic...and apparently I no longer have an order history with Best Buy? None of my orders (fulfilled or unfulfilled) show up. Anyone have the same issue?

Try clearing cache or a different browser. Turn off ad blocker. Sign in again and see if it re-appears.

Anyone ever just buy this for yourself?

"Get a $10 Promotional Credit with the Purchase of $50 in Amazon Gift Cards"

Wondering if there is anything that will prevent you from applying the gift card to your account?

ElNino

Yep, they don't advertise the price. You just go in and ask for a quote.

I got mine from Golden Electronics, Bayview Avenue, Richmond Hill, ON

I know people also got theirs from CNE for a bit cheaper at around $1800-1900.
Good to know, I would driven out to Richmond Hill for sure to save $1000. Oh well, too late now but at least I get enjoy my TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom