• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Yo put me in last second for luffy losing. We're setting up all the characters that will be in the great war arc. Big moms crew will totally be there, so losing now, but getting away sets up the rematch.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yo put me in last second for luffy losing. We're setting up all the characters that will be in the great war arc. Big moms crew will totally be there, so losing now, but getting away sets up the rematch.

Luffy would likely need to beat Big Mom herself at that point, so there's not much value in setting up a rematch.

LotusHD

Banned
Spoilers plsss. We need them

Having OP withdrawal has not been this bad since Oda took month off for the time skip lol.

Make a prediction of who wins the fight while we wait for spoilers :D

Also I'm so fucking happy I didn't catch up on One Piece until the timeskip had already happened in the anime. Only truly agonizing break for me was the Gear 4 reveal. That said, this one sucks too since I'm really enjoying this arc, though not as bad as it would've been if we had a break right after Big Mom summoning that tidal wave lol

IHaveIce

Banned

Also I'm so fucking happy I didn't catch up on One Piece until the timeskip had already happened in the anime. Only truly agonizing break for me was the Gear 4 reveal. That said, this one sucks too since I'm really enjoying this arc, though not as bad as it would've been if we had a break right after Big Mom summoning that tidal wave lol
I'm saying luffy is not able to win

I have no idea how it is going to go .
So i going with it's a draw and luffy find some way to escape.

Seesaw15

It's too early in the time skip for Luffy to have a come to Jesus humbling loss. I'm betting on Luffy pulling a W with another gear 4th technique.

Mendrox

Oh, we're doing predictions for Luffy vs Katakuri?

I'm strongly leaning towards Luffy winning. A draw is possible, but Katakuri winning means death for Luffy so that's out of the question.

Nami already has faith that Luffy will beat Katakuri. Oda wouldn't have thrown that line in if victory wasn't a possibility.

Luffy has a good track record when it comes to facing seemingly insurmountable obstacles on his own. But the big question is if Luffy will defeat Katakuri in the ten hours he has or not.

I've lost all hope now that I've read the new Hajime no Ippo chapters.

Luffy will lose and get captured.

Spinx

HOLY SHIT finally

- Luffy continues figthing Katakuri. With his trident, Katakuri is even most powerful.
- Luffy wants to use Gear 4. Katakuri says: "Gear 4? That sounds interesting".
- Big Mom and Perospero sail in the "caramel wave". They are near Peanut Island.
- Pekoms is crying for Pedro's death, even Tamago is affected.
- Capone is sailing in Fire Tank Pirates' boat.
- Mont-d'Or contacts with one of Big Mom Pirates group, Niji responds. Germa 66 defeated all of them, they are in Germa 66 castle.

thanks to Redon

IHaveIce

Banned
HOLY SHIT finally

- Luffy continues figthing Katakuri. With his trident, Katakuri is even most powerful.
- Luffy wants to use Gear 4. Katakuri says: "Gear 4? That sounds interesting".
- Big Mom and Perospero sail in the "caramel wave". They are near Peanut Island.
- Pekoms is crying for Pedro's death, even Tamago is affected.
- Capone is sailing in Fire Tank Pirates' boat.
- Mont-d'Or contacts with one of Big Mom Pirates group, Niji responds. Germa 66 defeated all of them, they are in Germa 66 castle.

thanks to Redon
Nooo don't move the focus Oda :(
Fights are more hype if the are just in one go. Interesting that Germa actually did something

Lakuza

put me in the camp for luffy winning too, but i expect him to win with something new like awakening (havent read any spoilers yet if they are out) but it will be a close win, similar to how he was after lucci.

LotusHD

Banned
More detailed spoilers: (Credits to YonkouProductions from Oro)

- Katakuri pulls out spear.
- Brulee says that Katakuri has never laid down his life before.
- Luffy tries to hit brulee, katakuri stops him.
- [more fighting]
- Katakuri's spear is called Mogura (Mole, the animal)
- Brulee heard what Luffy and Nami were talking about, reports their meeting place and time to Perospero
Big Mom heads towards Cacao Island
- [more luffy katakuri fighting]
- Katakuri predicts Gear 4th
- Pekoms cries about Pedro
- Mont D'or gets information that they lost track of Bege's ship
- Mon't dor is told by dendenmushi that Germa was crushed by 10,000 soldiers
- The denden-mushi was actually Niji talking, Germa took down all the soldiers manipulates Mont d'or into telling them where the Strawhats are and Germa prepares to set sail to the Strawhats.

---

Regarding spoilers:

- I sure as hell can't wait to see the Pekoms and Tamago panel
- And finally the Germa reappear, and they didn't job this time! Redemption (fighting-wise of course) incoming?
- Also lol at Brulee already knowing about them being alive, I guess Perospero lives to see another day

More detailed spoilers: (Credits to YonkouProductions from Oro)

- Katakuri pulls out spear.
- Brulee says that Katakuri has never laid down his life before.
- Luffy tries to hit brulee, katakuri stops him.
- [more fighting]
- Katakuri’s spear is called Mogura (Mole, the animal)
- Brulee heard what Luffy and Nami were talking about, reports their meeting place and time to Perospero
Big Mom heads towards Cacao Island
- [more luffy katakuri fighting]
- Katakuri predicts Gear 4th
- Pekoms cries about Pedro
- Mont D’or gets information that they lost track of Bege’s ship
- Mon’t dor is told by dendenmushi that Germa was crushed by 10,000 soldiers
- The denden-mushi was actually Niji talking, Germa took down all the soldiers manipulates Mont d’or into telling them where the Strawhats are and Germa prepares to set sail to the Strawhats.

---

Regarding spoilers:

- And finally the Germa reappear, and they didn't job this time! Redemption (fighting-wise of course) incoming?
- Also lol at Brulee already knowing about them being alive, I guess Perospero lives to see another day

Yeah, this sounds better.

Regarding spoilers:

BM following the SH is the perfect set up for her to get there when the cake done .
Before she was to close to them now i can see her getting there when Sanji bring the cake.
Also i need to see that luffy G4 vs Katakuri fight .

LotusHD

Banned
Also what the hell Brulee means that Katakuri has never laid down his life before? Interesting phrasing...

---

According to YonkouProductions from Oro:

Katakuri is an awakened DF user. He turns the ground into Mochi.

Also what the hell Brulee means that Katakuri has never laid down his life before? Interesting phrasing...

---

I told y’all!!
Uh no bleg I think he just grabbed luffy that one time with mochi he didn’t turn the ground into it....get rekt

---

make sense time for gear 4 more than ever .

Spinx

---

ce4e7b08b9ec8064097e451a43d325d1.jpg

welp, luffy had a good run. The mirror world looks tight. Katakuri can just turn every inch of it into mochi and overwhelm Luffy

NSESN

Lotus:I also wouldn't like if Luffy simply beated Katakuri after struggling against Cracker. Sanji also needs a great feat to his belt.
Luffy will eventually defeat BM so he losing or tieing now won't be a problem.

Luffy will win IMO, I think this character is just a learning tool for all the new stuff Luffy can still do with his powers really.

Cool spoilers though can’t wait for chapter.

LotusHD

Banned
Lotus:I also wouldn't like if Luffy simply beated Katakuri after struggling against Cracker. Sanji also needs a great feat to his belt.
Luffy will eventually defeat BM so he losing or tieing now won't be a problem.

You use the word "simply", but the fight will be anything but that :p

As for Sanji, he doesn't need a fight for this particular arc, but considering that everyone is slowly converging onto Cacao Island, I mean, there's several people to choose from here.

Azure J

Uhhhhh
Did Niji make a Mr Prince reference???

...this bit right here just made me re-appreciate Sanji choosing that name all the way back during the Little Garden arc/Alabasta saga. I never thought about it but yeah he was "a" Mr. Prince with his Germa ties, renounced or not. :lol

Lakuza

is there word on when the chapter might be available? Seeing all the black bars is getting me hyped and i'm hoping its up by the time i get back from work lol. Won't read the spoilers though, I made the mistake of reading them here for the chapter when big mom unleashed the tsunami, so I wasn't shocked when seeing it.

is there word on when the chapter might be available? Seeing all the black bars is getting me hyped and i'm hoping its up by the time i get back from work lol. Won't read the spoilers though, I made the mistake of reading them here for the chapter when big mom unleashed the tsunami, so I wasn't shocked when seeing it.
I try not to but break weeks I’m definitely reading them

Top Bottom