• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Geeky

They would hate anime. lol
Come to think of it, I don't think they've done a foreign language film in any of their videos.

Half in the Bag episode 19: Robot and The Last Circus. They went to the Milwaukee Film Festival. It's a shame the do stuff like that anymore.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Can anyone explain the Screen Junkies dig?

They briefly covered Sausage Party in a catch-up video but I think they generally have no interest in animation due to its skew towards children. When Jay mentioned how much he loved The Muppets way back Mike tried to manchild-shame him

They briefly covered Sausage Party in a catch-up video but I think they generally have no interest in animation due to its skew towards children. When Jay mentioned how much he loved The Muppets way back Mike tried to manchild-shame him
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they cannot critique animation as an art and a movie and just throw it all in under "it's for fucking kids" when they've reviewed and discussed other films meant for kids. It's not an uncommon sentiment among many try hard men and these hack frauds couldn't try harder to try hard.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Han Solo solo movie is called Solo: A Star Wars Story

Just more ammunition for these hack frauds

Watching the last Nerd Crew I was convinced that I'm completely over the joke and could do without any more. Today?

DMWkDQMU8AEAUTx.jpg

I could not have been more wrong.

jman2050

Watching the last Nerd Crew I was convinced that I'm completely over the joke and could do without any more. Today?

DMWkDQMU8AEAUTx.jpg

I could not have been more wrong.

That’s the thing with RLM. They will lampoon, satirize, and exaggerate, but they will rarely just make nonsense up in service of a cheap laugh.

There’s always an element of truth to their jokes.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

It's less about being towards children and more about being about the production values and people acting that they can make fun of

Seesaw15

But BotW, HitB and Mr.Plinkett have reviewed and mocked a ton of children's films. I'm sure they could get a good review mocking the Emoji Movie but in general most American animated movies are too well made/safe to warrant a review.

Fat4all

Banned
But BotW, HitB and Mr.Plinkett have reviewed and mocked a ton of children's films. I'm sure they could get a good review mocking the Emoji Movie but in general most American animated movies are too well made/safe to warrant a review.

If you want a dive into the Emoji movie, Pat from the SuperBestFriendCast went to see it and had a fun time.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Dick The Birthday Boy...
That doesn't seem like something that anyone should be encouraging.
Ohhhhhh, it's his name.

Now that we know that the official title of the Han Solo solo spinoff standalone film starring Han Solo from Star Wars is the most generic thing ever, I have to ask:

What percentage of Mike and Rich's predictions do you think are actually in the final film?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Now that we know that the official title of the Han Solo solo spinoff standalone film starring Han Solo from Star Wars is the most generic thing ever, I have to ask:

What percentage of Mike and Rich's predictions do you think are actually in the final film?

70%

kevin1025

Banned

Yeah, I'd say that's the number. As much as I hope against it, I think we're getting a Last Crusade opener type of deal, where most of the Han Solo stuff we know he gets or learns from this single adventure.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Boy, Phantasmagoria II sure took some inspiration from From Beyond, huh.

And holy shit that movie looks insane.

The teaser made the movie look awful. The trailer made it look like a legit space epic

I fear it's going to be something in the middle

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Was Mike really drunk in the BOTW White Fire episode or were they just joking around?

Rich looked pretty pissed off when asking for the keys.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Was Mike really drunk in the BOTW White Fire episode or were they just joking around?

Was that the one with the giant flask? Mike seemed legitimately fucked up in that one. I've seen their movies, I'm not sure he has the acting chops to pull off drunk that well.

Cheerilee

I think a major factor on their drunkenness is that they drink while watching the movies, and they drink more when the movie is bad. That episode had one good movie followed by two bad ones, so Mike was probably drunk already, going into the discussion.

And then, Mike had prepared in advance an oversized novelty flask for comedy purposes. And Mike's not the type to have filled it with water, it definitely had some kind of alcohol inside.

Which means that a judgement-impaired Mike went into the discussion phase thinking "drink this here alcohol = funny". It's a recipe for losing control.

I think Mike was playing up his drunken-level to try and annoy Rich, but he was still drunk, and I think Rich was serious when he decided it was time to step in and forcefully cut Mike off.

Top Bottom