• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 trailer (the real one) [Up: Roll Call video]

Bullza2o

I usually dislike COD (I had MW2 for some time), but I think this trailer is pretty good. Has potential, though I'm not used to seeing futuristic stuff in a COD game.

Demon Ice

Banned
Props to them for at least trying something new but holy hell that engine looks dated. Some of the shots in the trailer just looked flat out ugly. I thought I was watching a BF 2142 gameplay trailer.

ooh, I was hoping COD would move to a futuristic setting.

Me too, but they could have just done that instead of MW2 when the actual Infinity Ward was still going strong.

I would have loved to see original Infinity Ward work on it, COD: Future Warfare would have just been perfect in 2009.

Reaction of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier dev team:

feels-bad-frog-330x33rcud6.png

Max

I am not Max
Maybe CoD will actually be interesting now that it isn't taking itself so seriously

That trailer was wild.

Touch

Not sure I like the future, I mean that other futuristic game, two future games? cod?... eh f it. ima buy it.

Barakov

Gold Member
Fuck yeah, Woods is back. Really loved Black Ops. I'm little bummed they ditched the Cold War setting but I'm still very interested none the less.

RedSwirl

I know people have already said the graphics engine looks old, but Jesus. To me it looks notably worse than past COD games. There's gotta be something going on there.

Oh well. At least it raises possibilities for any theoretically Wii U version.

zlatko

Banned
Not going to lie that was a fucking well done trailer, and I respect the shit out of whoever put it together.

I'm now looking at this game as something I may want this holiday season. Toss in dedicated servers for consoles and it'd be a done deal for me.

HoodWinked

medal of honor 2 gonna capitalize on that lack of modern military.

modern -----> post-modern -----> far future

moh2 --------> black ops 2 ------> halo 4

Not going to lie that was a fucking well done trailer, and I respect the shit out of whoever put it together.

I'm now looking at this game as something I may want this holiday season. Toss in dedicated servers for consoles and it'd be a done deal for me.

It's nice to want things :p

En-ou

um...this looks like ass....what are you guys smoking? ghost recon looks way better. and what is this? a flight combat/rails shooter?

i wish infinity ward still existed. i shiver at the thought of what they could do with a next gen engine or something like frosbite 2.

GrizzNKev

Banned
um...this looks like ass....what are you guys smoking? ghost recon looks way better. and what is this? a flight combat/rails shooter?

i wish infinity ward still existed. i shiver at the thought of what they could do with a next gen engine or something like frosbite 2.

Visually? Yes it's a disgrace. But for people who are addicted to the drug that is Call of Duty, this shift in tone and setting is a positive.

EYEL1NER

um...this looks like ass....what are you guys smoking? ghost recon looks way better.
Shit. The only thing I look for and care about when I buy and play games is graphics, so thanks for telling us all it looks bad.
I guess I won't buy it now, because the game will be shit. Because it doesn't look that good.

When Ghost Recon runs at 60fps I might give a fuck.

I know people have already said the graphics engine looks old, but Jesus. To me it looks notably worse than past COD games. There's gotta be something going on there.

Oh well. At least it raises possibilities for any theoretically Wii U version.
Yeah, it's kind of amazing how Treyarch somehow managed to take a step back graphically from Black Ops, which was already a step back from MW2.

RedAssedApe

Banned
So I guess Infinity Ward's next COD game can't be called Modern Warfare 4. :p

Characters models look worse than BLOPs so far.

i don't think it's the engine, i think the art for the "futuristic" stuff looks like shit. it's kind of confusing because i think blops1 is a good-looking game...

gl0w

Meh.. I didn't like what I saw, future warfare? Yes, with that look? No! Lolol. Not sure why but I'm not interested, at all.

Maximus.

Looks okay, thought I would be into MW3, but wasnt really. May be done with the series, but will wait for more info about this one before I jump to conclusions! Cool spin on the story though!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Glad you guys like it, I'm a white mosquito I guess since I think it looks terrible
All I could think of was how linear and remote-controlled all those sequences are going to be, and that the art looked awfully generic.

En-ou

Visually? Yes it's a disgrace. But for people who are addicted to the drug that is Call of Duty, this shift in tone and setting is a positive.
yeah the shift in setting is definitely welcome. but it looks mighty generic. black ops 1 looked way better at it's reveal.

Maybe russia went back in time and placed a nuke in Alaska before they sold it to USA.
black op pony team trying to defuse it

EYEL1NER

All I could think of was how linear and remote-controlled all those sequences are going to be
They have specifically said that they will have branching story lines and new non-linear gameplay elements in the campaign.

I'm not going to pass judgement this early.
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Edit: haHA! Take that, Pyro!
lol, jk

Glad you guys like it, I'm a white mosquito I guess since I think it looks terrible
All I could think of was how linear and remote-controlled all those sequences are going to be, and that the art looked awfully generic.
watch the roll call video, mentions branching storylines and non-linear gameplay

edit: beaten fuckmee

Sober

Near-future warfare? I guess that's interesting enough that I won't immediately write it off.

Shame it's BO2, probably only because Treyarch wants to keep their characters when writing the SP campaign. Wish they just named it something else, maybe then they would catch on easier than "black ops 2" making people think it's just more actual Cold-War era stuff.

I haven't been following COD news lately so I was little taken aback that they actually made some major changes. Looks for the better. I'll keep my eye on this one!

Top Bottom