• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny on PS4: Weapons, vehicles, clans on PlayStation 4 [Youtube link inside]

GECK

Calling a game most MMos have copied overt he years garbage just seems like an unpopular opinion, even in terms oft he industry.

WoW pvp was always an add-on feature, I can assure you. I was in the friends and family alpha and no competitive PvP even existed.

I understand you re not directing that at wow specifically , but in my last post i detail that wow has done it wrong and why, so they are now in that sub category you have placed them in.

I stand by that statement. And Guild Wars did arena style PvP much better.

WoW comparison was more general since successful MMO shooters very few at the moment. Similar to the MMORPG genre 2003ish~

Most certainly do things wrong, ive experienced a lot in terms of broken patches , bugged numbers etc. but since most games copy their overall formula ( most games not all) doesn't that make most MMos unbalanced in pvp as well? It does. So if nobody has done it right, thinking bungie will is wishful thinking as ive said.

Most MMOs are unbalanced in pvp yes, but a few of those can be fun at times despite the unbalance. That doesn't mean Bungie shouldn't try.

There are numerous ways Bungie can go to balance PvP though and I'm sure that will be an ongoing issue. It makes sense that they are tight lipped on the details 6+ months away from release.

Milennia

WoW pvp was always an add-on feature, I can assure you. I was in the friends and family alpha and no competitive PvP even existed.

I stand by that statement. And Guild Wars did arena style PvP much better.

WoW comparison was more general since successful MMO shooters very few at the moment. Similar to the MMORPG genre 2003ish~

Most MMOs are unbalanced in pvp yes, but can be fun at times.

There are numerous ways Bungie can go to balance PvP though and I'm sure that will be an ongoing issue. It makes sense that they are tight lipped on the details 6+ away from release.

Oh yeah i Deffinetly know pvp was a tacked on, i only started playing during bc launch, since then till now it feels like shit , like balancing well is impossible for them due to the fact 5s,2s,rbgs exist , yet they only seem to try and balance around 3s without taking the other possible comps into consideration, they just patch as they go without thinking and run into multitudes of issue.. Arena play shouldn't even exist.

Guild wars was fun for the time being, most of the people i knew seemed to just leave however due to them not having enough incentives to play. Im more of an open world pvp dude even though most of my time was spent in arena type games.

I agree they are still fun, most of the mmo pvp fun is from being op to me lol, also being underpowered and countered by another comp yet still winning never gets old really.

I think in terms of gameplay balance they will have an easier time, its mostly gunplay with a few spells , less than a fraction of the wow class abilities or any other type of mmo class abilities. It puts them in a damn good position though, outplaying someone with just a couple of spells and gunplay should feel great. Its the gear I'm worried about.

Umm, I had no idea this game contained space exploration until just now. I need this game. Now.
Does it though?

The only sense I get is that your ship is used in transitional cut-scenes between locations, with upgrades expanding your range.

Is there more to em?

Does it though?

The only sense I get is that your ship is used in transitional cut-scenes between locations, with upgrades expanding your range.

Is there more to em?

This is what I gathered from previous videos.

I got a 'Mass Effect' vibe as it regards world travel, both on land and space. You pick an area you want to go to on the map - cutscene/load - and you're there.

The areas you can explore no doubt appear very large and multifaceted though, which is great.

Jabba

Banned
so...old school bungie players, are you getting this on the PS4?

I'm excited about the team/LOOOOOOTTT aspect of the game. Got the game in the corner of my eye so to speak. The graphics look fantastic to me with the old gamersyde videos. Will maybe edit after watching this vid.

GECK

Oh yeah i Deffinetly know pvp was a tacked on, i only started playing during bc launch, since then till now it feels like shit , like balancing well is impossible for them due to the fact 5s,2s,rbgs exist , yet they only seem to try and balance around 3s without taking the other possible comps into consideration, they just patch as they go without thinking and run into multitudes of issue.. Arena play shouldn't even exist.

Guild wars was fun for the time being, most of the people i knew seemed to just leave however due to them not having enough incentives to play. Im more of an open world pvp dude even though most of my time was spent in arena type games.

I agree they are still fun, most of the mmo pvp fun is from being op to me lol, also being underpowered and countered by another comp yet still winning never gets old really.

I think in terms of gameplay balance they will have an easier time, its mostly gunplay with a few spells , less than a fraction of the wow class abilities or any other type of mmo class abilities. It puts them in a damn good position though, outplaying someone with just a couple of spells and gunplay should feel great. Its the gear I'm worried about.

Yeah Guild Wars 1/2 is hit and miss with people. But GW2's f2p system I see being similar to how Destiny might work in some sense. Openish world PvE with public events/quests, a dedicated pvp battleground with vehicles (like Halo BTB/campaign on steroids) and then an arena style pvp that would pit fireteams vs each other in slayer/ctf/odball etc.

Balancing will be a nightmare of course, but I wouldn't trust any other console FPS dev besides Bungie to do it.

I haven't played Defiance (heard bad things), but I did play RIFT pvp quite a bit. Trion is certainly no Bungie though.

I really hope you can control the ships to travel. I always viewed the level in Reach where you flew the Sabre as an experiment for Destiny. I'd be surprised if the ships weren't actually playable and just used in cutscenes or something like that.

Elginer

As a former Xbox guy, I'm excited that Bungie is kind of in a way moving with me to the PS platform. Sure, it can still be found on the Xbone, but odds are it's going to perform and look a hell of a lot better on the PS4.

5264271568_6c810b23ba_z_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

PS4 Christ Game
:bow

model13

My only problem with this game is the 3 player parties. Why they didnt go with 4 is completely baffling. Now my friend group needs to do a lot more coordination so that one of us doesnt feel completely left out.

Trey

As a former Xbox guy, I'm excited that Bungie is kind of in a way moving with me to the PS platform. Sure, it can still be found on the Xbone, but odds are it's going to perform and look a hell of a lot better on the PS4.

360 was the lead platform, but that may have changed when Bungie got finalized PS4 dev kits.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Man I'm so excited about this game. Gonna have to preorder it soon. PS4 kinda soaked up all money atm but soon!

In the little gameplay video, it looks as if they're already using the touch pad at least for menu navigation. When you see the cursor move, it definitely looks more fluid than an analog stick. Plus the fact that there's a cursor, at all.

Mitark

excellent video, I really like the setting and i hope they achieve mainstream success with Destiny.

Bungie deserve it.

PooBone

FPS Guild Wars?

Game look amazing. This is my most-wanted title right no w. Seems like Tom Clancy's The Division is using the same format, minus the space-ness.

AndyD

aka andydumi
So I guess I should go ahead and create a bungie.net account. Then what are all these redeemable codes floating around?

So I guess I should go ahead and create a bungie.net account. Then what are all these redeemable codes floating around?

The codes aren't really clear.. but you do need a Bungie.net account for them. When you create it, you need to link it to whichever GT/PSN ID you plan on using when you get the game. You can link muliple but they have to be different systems (i.e. you can link a GT and a PSN ID but not two GT's or two PSN ID's). I don't know if the codes would apply to both though.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member

These are all of them so far. You'll enter them on this page after you sign in. http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

CODE 1: YKA-RJG-MH9
CODE 2: 3DA-P4X-F6A
CODE 3: MVD-4N3-NKH
CODE 4: TCN-HCD-TGY
CODE 5: HDX-ALM-V4K
CODE 6: 473-MXR-3X9
CODE 7: JMR-LFN-4A3
CODE 8: HC3-H44-DKC
CODE 9: 69P-KRM-JJA
CODE 10: 69P-VCH-337
CODE 11: 69R-CKD-X7L
CODE 12: 69R-DDD-FCP
CODE 13: 69R-F99-AXG
CODE 14: 69R-VL7-J6A

These are all of them so far. You'll enter then on this page after you sign in. http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

used code 12. thanks friend

Akai__

the ultimate destiny experience on ps4 ?

Could mean anything, but we know, about the partnership between Bungie and Sony. They also confirmed exclusive content for PS4, a while ago.

Edit: Nevermind, reedemed all of them. Would like to know, what they do. Does anybody have an idea?

These are all of them so far. You'll enter then on this page after you sign in. http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

Thanks! Didn't have codes 11 through 14 yet.

Top Bottom