• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nex Machina launches June 20, adds local co-op

wouwie

Does this game has a substantial campaign structure (similar to e.g. Rive) or is it more aimed at replaying the same levels and getting higher scores and higher difficulty levels? What is the main structure of the game?

Wozman23

Does this game has a substantial campaign structure (similar to e.g. Rive) or is it more aimed at replaying the same levels and getting higher scores and higher difficulty levels? What is the main structure of the game?

It's very similar to Resogun. Five worlds, with each world made up of around 20 screens.

It's definitely more score and difficulty driven, like old-school arcade stuff. There are secret paths as well, and extra challenges like Resogun got post-launch.

Looks great.

I'm on mobile and I don't think the writing looks very voxely. More like post it art(the red parts). Still looks great though.

I've got my first draft of the |OT| done, and I'd be happy with it if it went up tomorrow. Spent a lot of time trying to emulate a voxel style and learning to combine and customize gifs. May have went overboard.

If anyone wants a sneak peek: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233351166&postcount=13

Post any feedback here and don't bump that thread please.

Looks great. Judging by this thread, it doesn't seem like this game is attracting a lot of attention here on neogaf and I hope it isn't a sign of things to come. :(

robotrock

Banned
I've got my first draft of the |OT| done, and I'd be happy with it if it went up tomorrow. Spent a lot of time trying to emulate a voxel style and learning to combine and customize gifs. May have went overboard.

If anyone wants a sneak peek: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233351166&postcount=13

Post any feedback here and don't bump that thread please.

yo...this is gorgeous. informative too. not too bad on mobile either.

nothing more you can ask from an OT.

Alienation was awesome and this one looks insanely good :)
And hail local coop!
Waited for the local coop patch for Alienation before starting it, because girlfriend and me wanted to play it together.
So this is great news for us.

But now I'm sorry for people who want online coop. Reversed situation this time, lol.

Great OT, Wozman23. Real slick.

Maybe use "2084K HDRcade" as a subtitle? That might catch people's attention. I saw Digital Foundry's PC video showing off 4K in the beta, not 100% sure about PS4 Pro (hope so).

Wozman23

Thanks, all!

Lately I've tried to find a nice balance between viewing on desktop and mobile.

2084K and HDRcade are good suggestions, but I also really like my "Insert 80 Quarters." Maybe I'll swap it and go with my original joke of just listing the price as 80 quarters. Still plenty of time for brainstorming too.

And plenty of time to play around with my voxel tech.

(Edit: Section headers are now 2084% more voxel-y )

I kinda want to see if I can animate the old Jarvis games, but with one sizeable gif already, that might be pushing it.

I never put much technical stuff (or story stuff) in my |OT|s, but from what I can find the game's primary target is hitting 60fps then maximizing the resolution from there. PC will handle 4K, but I still don't see any word on PS4 and Pro.

Oh, I get the 80 quarters thing now. Thought it was just an arbitrary amount of deaths and hypothetical quarters, but it's $20.

I forgot about $10 quarter rolls from back in the day... laundry and arcades for sure.

Maybe... "HDRcade, insert 4K quarters"

Probably too convoluted though, and it's your baby, you know what you're doing.

No, there's last game had online coop but no local.. now they do the reverse ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm more shocked that a lot of people play local nowadays.

That will be a pass then. Shame, I loved RESOGUN in online co-op.

If they ever add it down the line I'll pick it up when it's cheaper.

gunstarhero

Anyone else notice the PSN store has this still listed for the end of the year? Even when attempting to preorder at the Plus discount.

Come on Sony - HM deserves better than that.

jhmostyn

Neo Member
Steam pricing is out - £14.99 but reduced to £11.99 for pre order. Slightly cheaper than the PSN pre order price (£15.99 discounted to £12.79).

As long as hear about a few PC code improvements after the initial eurogamer notes, I'll go that way.

jhmostyn

Neo Member
Steam pricing is out - £14.99 but reduced to £11.99 for pre order. Slightly cheaper than the PSN pre order price (£15.99 discounted to £12.79).

As long as hear about a few PC code improvements after the initial eurogamer notes, I'll go that way.

Correction, I'm now seeing £10.49 on Steam? Absolute no brainer at that price!

Top Bottom