• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! How has he been working out? I'm using Folksvangr for points myself.

He's was great in Tempest Trials. Made short work of almost all greens and sword units. I haven't used him in Arena yet as I have Ryoma for that spot, but I will try the next time he's a bonus.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Tried to follow a Berkut Lunatic strategy and the bastard bow cavalier attacks Olivia instead of Ursula.

Flier Emblem is hard to build because Hinoka (5* only) has Hone Fliers (and Minerva has Ward but that's less important). I have a few Caeda and Palla so I can only Fortify and Goad.

I'm currently alternating between building a flier team (SCam/Catria/Cherche/Palla) and a second Horse core (Xander/Camus/Titania). Since it's double SP time I pull out Summer Robin+lance users.

With Effie and Zephiel I'm thinking about making an armour team but I'm missing Hector.

Ninferno

Sucks to see him go, but I guess he made the right choice. Plus he was playing without the gacha elements, I can sort of understand that the game might not be very fun without the excitement of trying to get the characters you care about, especially if you are someone like Mkv. who has pretty much mastered PvE.

Anyway, the god has forsaken us; humanity has to live on its own strength rather the blessing of the god now. Someone' got to quickly go to the temple of Mkv. and find out what happened there.

Mupod

I only had to do 3 point-padding matches on my high-stat arena team this time. That in itself was an exercise in frustration, I burned 2 duel crests backing out of low point horse emblem defenders before I said fuck it and fought the 696 Elise that popped up. Thankfully it was on the map where it splits teams into two pairs, with the defense tiles. So Ryoma and Hector were able to fend off the Olwen, Reinhardt and Cecilia. Kind of funny, I definitely guessed the entire team composition there before I even went in. Your bait doesn't fool me but 696 points for an all-mage/healer horse emblem team...is a lot of merging.

3 matches on that team and 4 on my cavalry team got me 6804, which is firmly middle of the pack in T19. I wonder if the requirements for T20 will keep falling or if it will plateau at some point due to more casual players quitting or giving up on arena. I'd like to merge Cecilia a few times to make it easier to get back there but right now my priority is building a second viable team.

Finally got some green orbs from a 20-pull but only thing of note was a 3* +atk -def cherche. Currently I think 130 or 140 deep on cavalry banner without one of the focus units, although I did get two off-banner 5* so I'm doing well (for me). Still got 14 days to come up with more orbs, although my chain challenge orbs are starting to dry up.

ggx2ac

I never had a character like this:

DFV-9p_UIAArkOh.jpg

I mean, that is my Ogma with Atk Up/Res Down. His Res is so low that if I gave him Life and Death he'd have 5 Res left. (Although he'd get 51 attack with a Brave Sword which is pretty good.)

Mupod

I just realized that if I get into T20 and then let myself fall to T18 over and over, I will always end up with Sharena as my bonus unit when I need to get back into T20. So I can always use the same high-stats team for that and never really worry about a bonus unit. Because point requirements from T18-T19 could probably be done with horse emblem carrying a 4* Alphonse or Anna.

I got lucky and ended up with two of Mathilda. +HP -ATK and +HP -SPD. I blame Roman, Ninferno and Mupod.

8dO3kR4.gif

Scum

Nice. Going through my units again and found a +ATK -RES 4* Klein. What a time! 🎉

I just realized that if I get into T20 and then let myself fall to T18 over and over, I will always end up with Sharena as my bonus unit when I need to get back into T20. So I can always use the same high-stats team for that and never really worry about a bonus unit. Because point requirements from T18-T19 could probably be done with horse emblem carrying a 4* Alphonse or Anna.

8dO3kR4.gif

☹️
I might as well level up the -ATK one. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Ninferno

So I was using the CC 1 & 2 Normal Auto-battle in conjunction with double SP for grinding some of my bench 5*s up after Tempest was over. It was painless and enjoyable until I started to lose focus after a few runs and accidentally hit Auto-battle instead of Surrender at stage 10. When I finally realized what I was doing, it was already too late.This is the only Normal CC I left unclear purposely...

I don't know how I was not thinking straight and made such consequential mistake. I have to blame Scum.

Scum

So I was using the CC 1 & 2 Normal Auto-battle in conjunction with double SP for grinding some of my bench 5*s up after Tempest was over. It was painless and enjoyable until I started to lose focus after a few runs and accidentally hit Auto-battle instead of Surrender at stage 10. When I finally realized what I was doing, it was already too late.This is the only Normal CC I left unclear purposely...

I don't know how I was not thinking straight and made such consequential mistake. I have to blame Scum.
uUu9hwp.png

24027086531_f85a78cb81_o.png

Hey just got back into the game for the first time in months and have enough Orbs to do a full pull. Any opinions of which pool is the best to pull from? Not sure which characters are considered good now days

Roman

Hey just got back into the game for the first time in months and have enough Orbs to do a full pull. Any opinions of which pool is the best to pull from? Not sure which characters are considered good now days

It depends on what you already have but overall Delthea and Nino are the best current focus characters.

Scum

Tank Team - Hector, Zephiel and Draug.
Team Flier - Hinoka and Minerva.
Team Arrow - Klein, Takumi and Bride Cordelia.

I'll get there eventually.

I would love to do a flier team but I dont have either Hinoka or Caeda even if I have Spring Camila

Give me your Spring Camilla and I'll send you Est. Can't pass up on such a great deal!

Gray is a pretty good unit and comes with sword valor skill which gives 2x sp to sword units. But Delthea is the best new unit of the banners, her weapon grants hone Atk +6 to melee units and her C skill gives units within two spaces +3 Atk, and she has Linde level of Atk and good speed. Nino is probably the best unit but most people likely have a 3*/4* version of her to promote by this point.

Alucrid

Banned
managed to break the no 5 star streak on both banners. got a bad iv nino which was good and another -spd nowi which was bad. disappointed i didn't get any of the new units though

MicH

Trying to pull a good IV Nino while the banner is still up.

Get a fucking Hector instead. That's ridiculous

-HP +RES so not really great but beats my +SPD -ATK one at least

Xetherion

After around 250 orbs spent, I finally managed to pull Gray AND Delthea today in the same pull. Had a 5% 5* focus rate and got one red orb and one blue orb, and finally got the two units i wanted after pulling 3 goddamn Mathildas with all my other orbs spent.

Gray is -DEF/+RES. Not ideal, but it basically just puts him at average DEF/RES, so it's totally useable. Mostly just gonna be using him for Sword Valor anyway.

Delthea is -HP/+DEF. Far from ideal, but at least it's not -ATK or -SPD.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Took one more roll at the swimsuit banner for kicks, and got... Minerva?

I guess I'll take another crack at the melee Flier Emblem thing.

Windforce

Well, today I hit 300 orbs saved.

Not going for Delthea or Olwen because I got Linde, Reinhardt and Spring Lucina for my blue magic needs.

And no interest in the summer units either.

I hope a good banner is coming soon - maybe a Micaiah banner or Choose Your Legends? I can only dream CYL will be a 5% focus. Spending all those orbs on a high rate banner should be rewarding.

bigzgod

I hope a good banner is coming soon - maybe a Micaiah banner or Choose Your Legends? I can only dream CYL will be a 5% focus. Spending all those orbs on a high rate banner should be rewarding.

Don't jinx yourself now. There have been people that hit 10% pity rate before. It can happen unfortunately.

Mupod

I had some nice savings going but they all got eaten by the cavalry banner. There aren't really any current units I want more than those 3 though.

I will say that being permanently at 200/200 barracks makes it a bit easier not to spend orbs...

Windforce

Don't jinx yourself now. There have been people that hit 10% pity rate before. It can happen unfortunately.

Dear god I hope not. Yeah, last time I went all in with my orbs (and money) I had over 5% rate before I pulled my Bride Lyn. I was upset but I know it can happen.

I had some nice savings going but they all got eaten by the cavalry banner. There aren't really any current units I want more than those 3 though.

I will say that being permanently at 200/200 barracks makes it a bit easier not to spend orbs...

No regrets then. I hope my favorites come up on a banner like that! I really want Celica, Ike, more Linde.

lt519

Got a Mathilda, might level her up for next week's arena, but then again I can get to T19 again with just Cecilia. Not sure why I wasted 200 orbs on these banners, was burning a hole in my pocket I guess.

Veezy

que?
I know this is a loaded question, but how pay to win is this game? I didn't see anything directly mentioning this in the OP. Not that I mind dropping some money if it's good enough I just want to be prepared for the inevitable paywall if one comes up.

Alucrid

Banned
I know this is a loaded question, but how pay to win is this game? I didn't see anything directly mentioning this in the OP. Not that I mind dropping some money if it's good enough I just want to be prepared for the inevitable paywall if one comes up.

if you want to be #1 in the arena, probably very much so. if you want to get ranked high in the arena probably not at all. if you just want to do the single player stuff not at all.

Roman

You can reach the highest arena tier without paying anything and it gets easier every week.

The game has also started giving out feathers a lot more frequently compared to the launch period and new game modes provide more than sufficient amounts of orbs.

If you have any questions about how to beat PvE content or teambuild, there is an invite to the FE GAF Discord server in the OP of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom