• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
might have seen ice block and got confused because secret mage is the only mage deck that generally runs arcanologist and not ice block

Like I said. Deck is boring.

### Mage Deck
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Babbling Book
# 2x (1) Mana Wyrm
# 2x (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice
# 2x (2) Primordial Glyph
# 2x (2) Medivh's Valet
# 2x (2) Arcanologist
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (3) Kirin Tor Mage
# 2x (3) Counterspell
# 2x (3) Mirror Entity
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (6) Kabal Crystal Runner
# 2x (7) Firelands Portal
# 2x (7) Bonemare
#
AAECAf0EAA9xwwG7ApUDqwTmBJYF7AWBsgKjtgLXtgKHvQLBwQKYxAKmzgIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find the deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/CGISVCVyNcwfGr9YPo4QXd/

Tomcat

The very last game I played I missed it coining it out vs a hunter who only played a Kindly Grandmother so far.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/FFPrWFCTN8HHxZqHyhNsoi

Deadly Shot, Tracking, and Multishot. Apparently it was Deadly Shot, even though I'm pretty sure that's wrong in any hunter deck right now. I'm not sure what he's aiming for in with that in this meta when almost everything is going wide. I even like Deadly Shot more than the average Hunter because Hunter is one of the few classes where get more ahead cards are good, just not in this meta.

Tracking is only wrong in a few fast decks that can't spare one mana or the mythical fatigue hunter, but I'm pretty sure there is no deck that runs deadly shot or multishot that shouldn't also run tracking, and he passed turn 1.

Oh well. Missing Glimmerroot because of opponent mistakes just means he'll be easier to beat because of those mistakes, and I did win pretty easily.

Asmodai got rank 1 with hunter that runs two deadly shots. Obviously he knows the meta better than you.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Asmodai got rank 1 with hunter that runs two deadly shots. Obviously he knows the meta better than you.

Interesting. I am totally willing to concede that deadly shot might be good right now. I do think it's a generally good card and he probably is seeing the meta better than I am.

I am not willing to ever concede that it's right to play deadly shot without tracking even if it is rank 1 legend, but it looks like he does run tracking.

i play alot of hunter and at least 1 deadly shot is essential. ok boards are wide sure but you have to remember it's hunter, the only other option you have also requires you to ping to kill off. and cards like obsidian shard and lich king run pretty rampant (black knight really can't go wrong in hunter decks atm either for same reason). you simply don't have other options for hard removal if you are trying to run a deck that isn't a smorcfest

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
i play alot of hunter and at least 1 deadly shot is essential. ok boards are wide sure but you have to remember it's hunter, the only other option you have also requires you to ping to kill off. and cards like obsidian shard and lich king run pretty rampant (black knight really can't go wrong in hunter decks atm either for same reason). you simply don't have other options for hard removal if you are trying to run a deck that isn't a smorcfest

Black Knight is the other reason I was thinking it might be wrong to play deadly shot, but maybe the mana cost is just too high. I haven't experimented with either this expansion.

Quadratic

Trump's Grinder Mage is good. The basic idea is to use all your various spells to control the board, and then DK at the earliest possible point to turn from defensive into aggressive and win.

8wnf7WM.png

Yeah, it was interesting playing this in the crucible of rank 15-10. Aggro sets up way too fast and I can't deal with Druids who draw living mana into innervate/savage roar. I ended up going 3-11 over 2 days. Only wins were vs warlock and 2 priests who had terrible draws. It was fun to play though. I don't really want to use dust to craft the Elemental version with Pyros/Baron Geddon.

I just had a guy summon 6 or 7 Obsidian statues and still needed like 6 turns of Ysera draws to win. Also had a druid win on turn 4 with 2 fireflies + Dire Wolf Alpha and Savage Roar.

Sometimes they're not all ragers...

convo.jpg

Here is my deck for some context:

### Prince Tempo
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Bladed Cultist
# 2x (1) Cold Blood
# 2x (1) Fire Fly