• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Order

Why is it cheaper to buy the 3 DLC characters separately than the Fighter Pack 1

Are they expecting people to not do the math

Honestly, there are a lot of characters with only very slightly different looks with gear. It's just a lot of the same.

It's why I'm not really fan of how the gear sysrem turned out. I'd much rather skins like we used to get.

For example, I'd rather have one default Brainiac design, the all-robot/skull version skin, and a Superfriends style skin with the shorts (just 3 distinct options) than 40 different subtly different arm, leg, or chest pieces to choose from. Characters like him are likely not coming back in future games, so this is the only shot for some of his more iconic looks.

I'm hoping that the gear update they are talking about has the crazy off the wall Netherrealm looks we are seeing in concept art. As much as I love them just adding armor and giant bracers onto gloves it's super lame.

LegendX48

Sweet baby Jesus, a high lvl ai Cheetah is infuriating!!! Failed through a guild multiverse fight with cheetah as the final opponent. 30 dang losses.

patchday

One of the designers has been disconfirming characters on Instagram:

Batwoman
Big Barda

Cyclone
Etrigan
Granny Goodness
Katana
Killer Croc
Parasite
Shazam
Wonder Girl

Figures ;(

At least can play as Batwoman in IJ1 but looks like Big Barda just too unknown to get to see primetime

Was hoping for a WW primier skin to give her better personality

Man just watched that Flashpoint movie. Boy WW might be even worse there

One of the designers has been disconfirming characters on Instagram:

Batwoman
Etrigan
Katana

Ow0kL_f-maxage-0.gif

stn

I hope they combine the rosters of 1 and 2 for 3. Too many favorites missing this time around. Also, would have loved to have seen Etrigan, Batwoman, and Grifter. Maybe next time.

Also, where can one purchase the new tournament shaders? I'd like to support the scene but can't find anything in the XBox store?

Ryce

I hope they combine the rosters of 1 and 2 for 3. Too many favorites missing this time around.
Yeah, it just doesn't feel like a complete DC roster to me without characters like Lex Luthor, Sinestro, Shazam, and Nightwing.

J-Tier

Figures ;(

At least can play as Batwoman in IJ1 but looks like Big Barda just too unknown to get to see primetime
Yeah, it's a shame we won't be seeing Big Barda in anything anytime soon. One of my favorite DC characters.

Also, Batgirl is who you're referring to. Batwoman is entirely different and is a total shame she won't be playable either.

He also said this

This might mean my utterly hopeless crusade for DeadmanGrayson [Deadwing] and Mirror Master isn't 100% hopeless?

Just 99%

Ravenous? hmmm

That dev also casted a bit of doubt on Enchantress earlier....

What would be some really OUT THERE choices for the last 6 characters if we hypothetically were wrong about everyone but Black Manta (and maybe Raiden
I hope we were wrong about him too
)

Doubtful. 30 years ago you would've said the same thing about Superman. Who, ten years ago, would've said "yeah, Guardians of the Galaxy will be a top Marvel franchise"?

That said, the sooner Batman isn't number one the better. Not just because of my disdain for the character/universe but the perception that Batman is the only worthwhile thing at DC.

As the Lego Batman movie says in the opening 20 seconds. Batman: (upon seeing the DC logo appear) "DC, the house that Batman built"

tim1138

He also said this

This might mean my utterly hopeless crusade for DeadmanGrayson [Deadwing] and Mirror Master isn't 100% hopeless?

Just 99%

Ravenous? hmmm

That dev also casted a bit of doubt on Enchantress earlier....

What would be some really OUT THERE choices for the last 6 characters if we hypothetically were wrong about everyone but Black Manta (and maybe Raiden
I hope we were wrong about him too
)

What if the Raiden sihlouette is Plastic Man stretched to look like Raiden? 🤔

Ryce

Shazam died in Injustice 1, why would he be back?
So did Joker and Green Arrow. Death is irrelevant in comics and video games. If NRS wants to bring someone back from the dead all they have to do is pull the "hallucination" or "different Earth" card.

Ravelle

Because Joker is

Edit: Also, DLC is basically non-canon to Injustice. Starfire should still be in the phantom zone.

Fair enough, Joker's just an illusion though and should not have been part of the game's story, he's dumb and forced and a wasted roster spot.

At least they mentioned it was another earth Ollie.

For Shazam (if they wanted to keep Billy dead), they could have brought in Mary Marvel or CM3 also. Maybe even one of Black Adam's family (Osiris?) could have became the new Shazam....

delSai

Fair enough, Joker's just an illusion though and should not have been part of the game's story, he's dumb and forced and a wasted roster spot.
Hes probably the most iconic comic book villain ever, wouldnt call that a wasted spot.
he'll be back in I3 too

Ravelle

Hes probably the most iconic comic book villain ever, wouldnt call that a wasted spot.
he'll be back in I3 too

He is but it feels like they put him in everything even when he doesn't in the story, he has been an illusion twice now. It would have been better if he was actual joker as DLC instead of this weird trench coat dude Joker fanatic.

Does anyone else feel like the music in this is generic as fuck do the stages even have music? I don't think I've ever heard any music and until yesterday I always played with music on.

Khezu

MK9 had an sound track CD made for the game with a bunch of artists and some decent songs, and they didn't bother to actually put it in the game.

I don't get it.

Also the reptile theme made by Skrillex for it was later used in a TMNT commercial randomly.

Ravelle

Does anyone else feel like the music in this is generic as fuck do the stages even have music? I don't think I've ever heard any music and until yesterday I always played with music on.

I honestly never noticed, I play towers mainly with a podcast or show on anyways.

LegendX48

These difficulty spikes in multiverse events are maddening. Every time I'm on track for all three completion bonuses the final character just comes in like, "Nope!"

I honestly never noticed, I play towers mainly with a podcast or show on anyways.

I never noticed either until I saw the soundtrack on Spotify I didn't even know the stages had background music. The music is just generic superhero trailer music just super bland doesn't set a mood or make you excited to play.

LegendX48

Anyone play supergirl here? I've seen the ai, and some YouTube vids, do an air grab mid combo a few times and I'm sure how to do it. Anyone know how?

patchday

Yeah Joker being in this game is such a waste... I am tired of seeing Joker & Luthor. If Arkham Knight game got one thing right, there was no Joker. Plus Joker ruined
Suicide Squad
movie. Granted that movie was already bad but Joker made it even worse.

Warner Bros needs to try to stop rebooting Batman just so they can rehash Joker over & over

Top Bottom