• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotta Protectors: Amazon's Running Diet (free NES/Famicom rom) released

Producer

The devs behind Gotta Protectors (first game was known as Protect Me Knight on XBLIG) released a free spinoff for the 3rd anniversary of the game. Whats really cool is that they released it as a NES/Famicom rom, to be played on a emulator/system of your choice. I personally have been playing it on my 3ds and its a neat little endless runner game, starring my fav class from gotta protectors. Grab it on the link below

http://www.ancient.co.jp/~game/mamotte_knight2/

Pejo

Never heard of this but it got a laugh from me. I'll try out this runner later. That thread title is something else until you understand what it's saying though.

ChrisD

uuummm
uuuh
I shouldn't have clicked that video

and I have to ask, does this game allow you to play as the Ninja dude instead

I always loved that the Amazon speed upgrade flavour text in Protect Me Knight was about her going on a diet, it's hilarious that they made a full fledged Famicom mini-game about it. I love the sprite art.

That's really technically impressive for an NES game (not sure I've ever seen a playable sprite that large or a water effect like the one here, and with parallax scrolling to boot), but that player sprite is... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The Orz

Protect Me Knight is an underrated gem of a game--easily my most played Xbox 360 indie title. Does anyone know how to get the PC demo to run?

As for the free game, it's technically very impressive and pretty cute--but I'm a bit of a Yuzo Koshiro/Ancient fanboy so what do I know? Also, my Amazon's diet rank was Hyaluronic the Folivora. Hit a wall of cakes around stage 5 that resulted in a major ass bomb. ;_;

Top Bottom