• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After one day my Android game has had more customers from bittorrent than Google

Android piracy watch.

So maybe I wasn't surprised to find out that the torrent would do better than the play store, this however takes me aback slightly:

The top search on Google for my app and company name takes you to a website which has a cracked apk for the paid version of my game for download right there.

There's a couple of things that I find genuinely surprising here:

- my game isn't big or popular, yet someone has still spent the time and money to purchase it, decompile it, add some shitty toast for their site and share it around

- the first hit on Google is for this site rather than a legitimate link to buy it
So it isn't lost in bottom-of-page hell.

Android piracy watch.

So maybe I wasn't surprised to find out that the torrent would do better than the play store, this however takes me aback slightly:

The top search on Google for my app and company name takes you to a website which has a cracked apk for the paid version of my game for download right there.

There's a couple of things that I find genuinely surprising here:

- my game isn't big or popular, yet someone has still spent the time and money to purchase it, decompile it, add some shitty toast for their site and share it around

- the first hit on Google is for this site rather than a legitimate link to buy it

they were disappointed with your level of 'piracy' and wanted the full version out there?

Top Bottom