• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crops55

To continue to corroborate the Midwest restock talk, at least one Gamestop here in Cincinnati had stock today, but they're sold out already.

I'll check some more far out ones after work.

Picked up the last one at Gamestop in Florence, Ky. They said they only got two in today. A lot of Gamestops are in the surrounding area though and may be worth a shot for anyone else that lives in the greater cincinnati area.

Dalto11

My Neon Spain unit is 3 hours from me. It will be here tomorrow. I guess I'll just lick my BOW cart until my tongue goes numb.

Futureman

Someone in the Gamestop Switch thread says they are in line at Nintendo store in NYC and there are hundreds of Switch in stock. Wow!

Really interested if they have any neon...

I work at the airport in MA, so take it with a grain of salt but I saw a huge shipping boat in the harbor yesterday. It might still be there so for you in the North East, get ready in few days.

milw00kiee

Neo Member
sidebar: can't you guys that want the neon so bad just get the colored joy-cons you want?

I think I like the neon look more and more myself as time goes on, but I'm gonna take what I can get because you can easily make it any color you want.

My console from Germany says it's out for delivery today. I'm so ready to go home and play Zelda. I keep checking my email for a delivery notification

I ordered the bundle with 1,2 switch a few minutes after you posted it here on Friday, if I'm not mistaken. Mine will be delivered only this Friday. My BotW will be delivered tomorrow. I'm in MD btw.

Clauss

Meanwhile in the US your only chance with Amazon is if you are lucky enough to be in a Prime now area.

Wow! I totally forgot about this... PHX are seems to be sold out right now, but I'll add this to my rotation of websites to check for stock.

psychotron

how's the line?

VmUUC19.jpg
[/img]

I just checked with some gamestop employees and apparently the gamestops in southern Ohio all got their shipments today and immediately sold them instead of waiting until tomorrow morning. I'm pissed.

It's impossible to pick one of these up if you have daily obligations like work and school.

sidebar: can't you guys that want the neon so bad just get the colored joy-cons you want?

I think I like the neon look more and more myself as time goes on, but I'm gonna take what I can get because you can easily make it any color you want.
*Texhnically* you can only get left-blue right-red with the console set.

milw00kiee

Neo Member
I just checked with some gamestop employees and apparently the gamestops in southern Ohio all got their shipments today and immediately sold them instead of waiting until tomorrow morning. I'm pissed.

GameStop has been saying since this week's shipment was announced that it would be first come first served. They were never going to hold them.

Futureman

yes but you will most likely lose a bit of money that way and would be kind of annoying dealing with selling/shipping. Not ideal but possible.

But be warned... there is a special breed of Switchers who absolutely need blue Left JoyCon and red Right JoyCon which you can only get with the neon console.

Bumhead

Banned
Gotta be honest.. even as someone who has always been pretty positive about the Switch, I never thought we would be seeing this much fuss or pre-order style lines for retail re-stocks weeks down the line.

The truth will end up somewhere in the middle, but this system feels way closer to Wii than to Wii U.

GameStop has been saying since this week's shipment was announced that it would be first come first served. They were never going to hold them.

Nah the gamestop manager at my local store told me technically they were supposed to hold them for tomorrow, but decided it would "help their bottom line" by selling them today instead.

sviri

Emeryville, CA and Elk Grove, CA Best Buy are each showing 4 units according to an employees check of their internal inventory system. Too far of a drive for me.

Best Buy's have started getting minor shipments in today, but not all stores it seems. And when I say small I mean 5. They are also ordered to stock to the floor immediately so no more tickets/lines unless a Sunday Ad says they'll have them in stock. Good luck ya'll, keep you updated as it looks brighter.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Gotta be honest.. even as someone who has always been pretty positive about the Switch, I never thought we would be seeing this much fuss or pre-order style lines for retail re-stocks weeks down the line.

The truth will end up somewhere in the middle, but this system feels way closer to Wii than to Wii U.

It is all depending on whether the switch can connect to the audience.

The Wii connected and even brought in a new market to gaming (Same as the DS). The Wii U failed to connect to the audience, the 3DS was able to connect to the gamers, but it didn't bring back the casual and nongaming market.

Also, having the right games at the right time. Wii Sports was the right game at the right time. 1-2 switch probably could have been that game had it been bundled with the system. Hopefully Nintendo sees the wisdom of including a social party games like 1-2 Switch bundled with every single console in the future.

Alchemy

I think I got swept up a little in wanting one of these just because its a shiny new toy... I think I'll check back in April and hope the stock situation is a little more reasonable. I really only want Bomberman and RMX anyways.

Oh, many factories can produce this but that is not the problem. Nintendo need a factory with a machine standing still ready to start production, so the number shrinks to very few. Among those left , a few of them is bound to take advantage of the situation Nintendo is in and set the price according to that. One must also take into account that you do not want to spread out production on too many manufacturers. Ideally you want atleast 2 , to prevent any malfunctioning machines, but too many will leave you open to inconsistent quality across manufacturers.

The dream would be maybe four diffrent factories but still the same company, with machines that are running constantly.

I see what you're saying. They have to honor the orders already put into production on those machines. So Nintendo has to wait in line like everyone else. And if there is a rush, they up the price-- makes sense.

Speaking of quality, I wonder if there is a way to see where my Switch was manufactured from? It's kind of a silly thing to think about, but I'm sure not all the pieces of the console where made in China. It's always fun to find out when your device was assembled together. Plus, it gives you a window into the people and places the device originally saw before being put on a shelf to be sold.

Jrs3000

Will cost you a pretty penny buying 2 sets of joycons in those colors.

milw00kiee

Neo Member
fair enough. I was always going to be getting at least a second set of joy-cons because I've got young kids that will want to get down on some mario kart with me.

I didn't realize the ones that came with the console were special wrt left v right so point taken.

Persona7

Banned

It's impossible to pick one of these up if you have daily obligations like work and school.

Why would they wait? Gamestop employees usually inventory the stock within minutes of receiving a shipment unless they are busy.

Nah the gamestop manager at my local store told me technically they were supposed to hold them for tomorrow, but decided it would "help their bottom line" by selling them today instead.

Not true.

I ordered the bundle with 1,2 switch a few minutes after you posted it here on Friday, if I'm not mistaken. Mine will be delivered only this Friday. My BotW will be delivered tomorrow. I'm in MD btw.

Keep checking in on it, mine switched from a Friday delivery to today as of this morning when I woke up at 6am. I'm in PA so same timezone.

Congrats dude, glad I could assist in some way!

Dates? Am I just totally missing where those are listed on Brickseek's inventory checker?

iStockNow lists how long ago the stock status changed. For example, all of the ones I see for walmarts in my area were changed to 'in stock' 2 weeks ago. It's unrealistic that they'd have sat there unsold for that long.. so it's likely the same problem that Brickseek had where it was showing pre-orders that weren't picked up yet, but not units someone could walk into the store and buy.

the colored joy-cons you buy in stores are swapped. but then again amazon JP sells them for $65

milw00kiee

Neo Member
Totally didn't realize the set you can buy are backwards. For me it wouldn't matter a single bit but I get that it matters for some. For sure.

Dates? Am I just totally missing where those are listed on Brickseek's inventory checker?

I've never used brickseek but on istocknow it says dates and times of inventory changes. Basically from what I was told, Walmart is holding orders that we're never picked up until April 1st. I assume they are preorders or reserved orders, not sure what Walmart does. But because they were received and not picked up they still show in their inventory as in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom