• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FaceGAF 2014: post new pics that may disappear under mysterious circumstances

jasonng

These are my socks. Gaf am I cute or nah?
uqKL1a3.jpg

Mononoke

Banned
Dear lord. I feel like I "moonlight" as a gamer sometimes cuz I'd probably be super embarassed if they saw how I not only like games, but thoroughly and deeply 'talk games'.

I have mixed feelings on it. I'm really social, and love meeting people. But I'm always kind of sketch on meeting people on forums (due to past experiences). I was an admin for this very big board (I won't name). We had this one member that was messed up, and would go off the deep end with depression. Anyways, he fell in love with another member. And bought a plane ticket to their town, and drove around hoping to meet them. Was totally creepy. We had to contact the police, and he got taken in for psych help.

After that, I was turned off to the idea of sharing personal info on places like forums. I feel a bit more comfortable on GAF, as I do think most of the people here are really great people (so many of them supported me through my cancer). They are like my family. So I would love to sit and talk games with people in real life. To be honest, I don't know a lot of people that are actually into games IRL (even though I'm out in LA lol). But not sure if I would want people recognizing me randomly lol

Sch1sm

This one's from first week September; so many questions to ask about this photo, so few normal answers. Cropped a fair bit as is, sorry for the size anyway. c:

Yes, that's an ice cream sandwich with hotdog buns instead of cookies. No, I'm not a ginger -- it's just powered paint that was pelted at me by arts students on my way to the first football game of the year.
Took 1.5 months to get red paint out of my ears, guys.
Yes, that's paper money that I won a 50" LG TV with.

Dice//

Banned
I have mixed feelings on it. I'm really social, and love meeting people. But I'm always kind of sketch on meeting people on forums (due to past experiences). I was an admin for this very big board (I won't name). We had this one member that was messed up, and would go off the deep end with depression. Anyways, he fell in love with another member. And bought a plane ticket to their town, and drove around hoping to meet them. Was totally creepy. We had to contact the police, and he got taken in for psych help.

After that, I was turned off on the idea of sharing personal info on places like forums. I feel a bit more comfortable on GAF, as I do think most of the people here are really great people (so many of them supported me through my cancer). They are like my family. So I would love to sit and talk games with people in real life. To be honest, I don't know a lot of people that are actually into games (even though I'm out in LA lol). But not sure if I would want people recognizing me randomly lol

Yikes, I'm sorry you had to be around such an experience. I feel bad for the one being followed. A shame too since there are the opposite sort of stories of people coming together for it as well. I could say a lot more, but for the most part I get that "Gaf Family" mentality since it's very a very wide and encompassing circle of many varieties of people (certainly the eclectic rainbow of individuals and perspectives) and discussion (well divided by gaming and general).

Mononoke

Banned
Yikes, I'm sorry you had to be around such an experience. I feel bad for the one being followed. A shame too since there are the opposite sort of stories of people coming together for it as well. I could say a lot more, but for the most part I get that "Gaf Family" mentality since it's very a very wide and encompassing circle of many varieties of people (certainly the eclectic rainbow of individuals and perspectives) and discussion (well divided by gaming and general).

GAF pretty much saved me from my cancer. I had no family, and no support. Was ready to throw in the towel several times. If it wasn't for people on here supporting me, I wouldn't have gotten through the day. Sometimes just reading other peoples posts, brought me enough joy that I could hold on to that, and get out of bed. And then actual people on here came together and supported me (even off board). So I totally get what you mean about forums coming together and doing GOOD. I experienced it.

I think that is why I'm more open to sharing info on here. Hopefully I can do E3 or something else in the future since i'm in LA. Anyways, I'll probably share some pics soon. Just need to get some courage. I kind of hate how I look because of the cancer. sigh.

Mononoke

Banned
Yay, another cancer survivor. I feel the same way, have gotten so much support from GAF and people I've met on GAF that have become close friends.

I unfortunately haven't made any close friends yet. But there are some people on here I feel indebted to. People that I talk to daily on here. I only recently started talking to people on Xbox Live and PSN. I hope that someday, I can actually make friends with these people IRL (hopefully with some meet ups or cons).

Also *hugs* thanks for the kind words.

Dice//

Banned
GAF pretty much saved me from my cancer. I had no family, and no support. Was ready to throw in the towel several times. If it wasn't for people on here supporting me, I wouldn't have gotten through the day. Sometimes just reading other peoples posts, brought me enough joy that I could hold on to that, and get out of bed. And then actual people on here came together and supported me (even off board). So I totally get what you mean about forums coming together and doing GOOD. I experienced it.

I think that is why I'm more open to sharing info on here. Hopefully I can do E3 or something else in the future since i'm in LA. Anyways, I'll probably share some pics soon. Just need to get some courage. I kind of hate how I look because of the cancer. sigh.

Oh my god, I almost forgot. Yes, that 'Azula'! I remember about that! I know this sounds sort of rash or silly since I don't really know you, but I remember my jaw slowly dropping with that one post about not pursuing treatment. I wish I said something to you too then, honestly. But I'm so glad that others were able to influence you. Death is inevitable at some point for everything, why rush it on!! Think of all the good games, movies, and posts here! Plus, food is delicious and a great treat to anything in general for any ailment...or to make good times better.

Appearance is the last thing to worry about; get well then focus on the rest. I know it's not that same level but anytime you need I'll make a bad picture to compare. Or better/scarier: Me without MAKEUP. O___O
Or this for now
fU559by.jpg

Mononoke

Banned
Oh my god, I almost forgot. Yes, that 'Azula'! I remember about that! I know this sounds sort of rash or silly since I don't really know you, but I remember my jaw slowly dropping with that one post about not pursuing treatment. I wish I said something to you too then, honestly. But I'm so glad that others were able to influence you. Death is inevitable at some point for everything, why rush it on!! Think of all the good games, movies, and posts here! Plus, food is delicious and a great treat to anything in general for any ailment...or to make good times better.

Appearance is the last thing to worry about; get well then focus on the rest. I know it's not that same level but anytime you need I'll make a bad picture to compare. Or better/scarier: Me without MAKEUP. O___O
Or this for now
fU559by.jpg

Yeah, I feel kind of ashamed for making that thread. I was seriously considering giving up. Pretty stupid in hindsight, given that remission was actually right around the corner. I had just gone through a year of chemo, and my body didn't take to it well. It was killing me. I couldn't take the suffering anymore (dropped down to 90 lbs at one point). Truly terrible stuff. I also kept it to myself for the past year, not telling anyone on GAF. So that thread was kind of a desperation. I had no one in my life, so it was really difficult to keep going. I also lost my cousin to suicide this year (she was fighting depression her entire life). She was the only family I had, and my best friend. And so her death really put a big hole in my heart, and broke me emotionally. I'm still trying to recover from that, as well as get my life back together after all this year of hell.

Oh well. In the end I kept fighting, and beat it. And there is no way I could have done that without people on GAF. And I'm so happy I didn't give in, when it was the easy option. Only found out a week and a half ago about remission btw. But yeah, I'm really grateful that people talked me out of it and kept me going just a little bit longer.

EDIT: lol that picture is funny, not scary. Also you are super pretty :p. But yeah it makes me feel better. :) I'll try to get a pic up soon. Just have to be okay with me looking like a zombie, because it won't be that way in a couple months. I guess if I look at it that way, I can be okay with posting. It's a work in progress. :D

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
SARS outbreak in FaceGAF

INITIATE QUARANTINE

Top Bottom