• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

sora87

I've just realised I've only watched 1 GoG show and 0 gamecasts in the last few weeks cause I've not liked any of the guests. Thank god they got Andrea and Danny on board instead of some of the other people they know as I actually like them two.

ghornett

Neo Member
I really dug the newer GoG with Jared. I think he would be great. Pockets could be another show in KFs arsenal. Same with No Clip honestly. I know it gets dicey with everyone having separate patreons but if somehow they could combine them all into one and everyone still got paid what they have been. Imagine the video output we could get from having No Clip in house. If there wasn't the ex factor with Greg & Steimer it would also be sweet to bring WGG under the KF umbrella.
I know this is all dream world, but I like to hang out there.

I like a lot of the changes. When I watched the video I was just thinking "holy shit, they actually listened!"

I think it's great they're segmenting the morning show into the silly, shenanigans portion and a more serious, live podcast-esque portion where they just talk news. Adding Danny and Andrea is fantastic as well, they always kill it. Now I can just skip the silly part and I'll get the serious part I want. It's smart, they can get Twitch subs for both portions, but some people might only watch a certain part of it.

The Gamescast changes are good as well, I might start listening to that again. Overall their announcements made me feel like I'll give them another fair shake, since it seems they're really trying to improve things.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I think my biggest issues still are as follows.

1) Greg never apologized for telling that mod to basically fuck off. It was uncalled for, and it makes me wonder what the crew really thinks about things when everything isn't going well.

2) Not a ton of new content on the whole. The way they are redoing their current content seems much better, but for a business running TWO patreons it sure doesn't feel like a ton of content.

3) They need a new full time on air person that can build rapport and be part of the brand vs friends of the brand.

4) Still feels like sometimes they want to be Rooster Teeth. That's fine and all. You be you, but why not just try and join Rooster Teeth?

5) It's an old podcast (especially gamer) complaint. I get the whole thing of calling us "kids" or "best friends" but that only goes so far. It's fine when things are going good, but when things go sideways you're like but I'm a consumer in this business transaction. Plus I'm olderish with my own kids so the whole "kids" moniker while all in good fun can go extra sideways fast for someone like me.

So Tim claims to be a social media expert and always up on the game but he doesn't know what Discord is?

Since Discord is mainly a PC thing, I can see why they never heard of it. Plus Tim probably meant Social Media like FB, Twitter, etc.

Wish they would show the PC some love during E3 though but they won't. Kinda Funny is not the place you go for PC content.

linds

Neo Member
So Tim claims to be a social media expert and always up on the game but he doesn't know what Discord is?

Ironically, he used the KF Discord server to play Smash Bros. with subs during Extra Life. They've done probably a dozen events by now that relied on Discord for voice chat.

Edit: Got him to join though :p

AndyVirus

So their E3 predictions (I have a list if anyone wants it). Many obvious ones as expected but then there's Greg thinking Days Gone will be this September, Danny expecting Last of Us gameplay and a Red Dead trailer, Andrea believing Halo 6, Tomb Raider & Beyond Good and Evil to be there despite devs confirming otherwise. And Tim..well Tim loves his get hyped moments.

Personally I'm not really feeling the two new people, hope my opinion changes in time.

Didn't really enjoy their E3 predictions.

To safe and abit bland, no one seemed that happy, except Tim was the only interested party here.

The chemistry is just not there but it's something that can develop. I feel like Andrea is faking her laugh, no one else is laughing because what you said wasn't funny.

When talking about a potential female lead in Assassin Creed Origins, Andrea said something along the lines of "oh I wish so but no"

But assassins creed has already had 2 games where a female is a/or a main character, seemed like she was rallying for justice but it's not needed, also she had to Google if morrowwind was out yet.

Eh, I'll give it some more time before leave KF behind but Andrea and Danny didn't really bring anything to it

Zukkoyaki

So their E3 predictions (I have a list if anyone wants it). Many obvious ones as expected but then there's Greg thinking Days Gone will be this September, Danny expecting Last of Us gameplay and a Red Dead trailer, Andrea believing Halo 6, Tomb Raider & Beyond Good and Evil to be there despite devs confirming otherwise. And Tim..well Tim loves his get hyped moments.

I thought the predictions were a little haphazard but I enjoyed them nonetheless. Tim's get hyped moments were amazing, he definitely had fun with these which is what it's all about.

ghornett

Neo Member
I enjoyed Andrea & Danny. First time I watched the break outs as they were uploaded in a minute. I'm fairly hype for E3.

ST2K

I'm curious who will be watching/commenting on the press conferences. I'm assuming it'll be Greg + Tim?

I'd assume so. I'd welcome Candy Andy joining them as well.

Personally I'm not really feeling the two new people, hope my opinion changes in time.

Didn't really enjoy their E3 predictions.

To safe and abit bland, no one seemed that happy, except Tim was the only interested party here.

The chemistry is just not there but it's something that can develop. I feel like Andrea is faking her laugh, no one else is laughing because what you said wasn't funny.

When talking about a potential female lead in Assassin Creed Origins, Andrea said something along the lines of "oh I wish so but no"

But assassins creed has already had 2 games where a female is a/or a main character, seemed like she was rallying for justice but it's not needed, also she had to Google if morrowwind was out yet.

Eh, I'll give it some more time before leave KF behind but Andrea and Danny didn't really bring anything to it

I thought the predictions episode was good, minus some weird tension from Andrea and Danny that I think will dissipate as they get to know the guys.

Danny is legitimately great and knows a lot about games. Watch some old episodes of The Point from Gamespot if you wanna check out some of his better stuff. Andrea I don't know as much about, and admittedly my initial impression of her years back was that she was a bit shill-y, but she already seems to be bringing more of the game business/economic perspective that KF needs.

Also, none of the guys knew about ESO Morrowind either. I'd much rather have someone confirm it than broadcast false information.

In case anybody's interested, here's the KF E3 schedule, as well as their new content schedule:

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3Bicy50d2ltZy5jb20vbWVkaWEvREIxUGUzV1V3QUEzX2RtLmpwZyJ9.jpg

eJwFwVEKhCAQANC7-J-Oo2PZHRYWOoCIiQWlobNfy9593_uKT7_EKg7mZ6xK7edIre9ycOuxZFlaK1eOzzlkareKzDEdd648FDrv.png

speedomodel

Their live reaction to MS was the best. Have fallen off with Kinda Funny lately, hasn't been the same, but really enjoyed their reactions, Tim especially was great.

The stuttering on their talk over streams are annoying.

They need a new PC, like yesterday. I think they're still running the one they got when they started out, and while that thing was a beast a few years ago, I'd heard that it regularly maxes out CPU usage when they're streaming now.

"Go viral"

Seems like they just want fans who don't bother watching through their whole commentated press conferences videos to see them, which is probably a majority of them.

ST2K

Tim's life goal is to make/be in viral videos.

They will always push that. It shouldn't be a surprise.
And I'll never take Tim's reactions as 100% genuine as a result.

Maximo

I dunnnnnno guys, Tims stock standard open your mouth for a selfie face on the thumb nail says "hella sweet viral reaction" to me.

Sadly thats what actually gets clicks even LinusTechTips did a video about the change to their thumbnails, and stupid shit like open mouth face holding the new GPU or whatever Tech flying on to the screen is proven to work.

Sadly thats what actually gets clicks even LinusTechTips did a video about the change to their thumbnails, and stupid shit like open mouth face holding the new GPU or whatever Tech flying on to the screen is proven to work.

Yeh, you're not wrong, gotta do what you gotta do in a crazy competitive space. It'll forever look super lame and cringe tho.

I think their E3 coverage has been really good. Tim has been really informative when reflecting on the games he has played/seen behind closed doors.

ST2K

Lots of interesting stuff on GOG this past week. Biggest takeaway was that the fanbase likes RT a lot, which is kind of a bummer. The more work they do with RT, the more they attract RT fans, the more closely they're attached with RT, the more their independence is threatened. That's definitely a more long-term thing though.

For the most part, it does seem like a lot of the common concerns floated up to them through the survey. Let's see if the new format addresses it.

Top Bottom