• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer for The Division (3 minutes)

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Will 2 player campaign Co op be a viable option to play. I am looking for a new 2 player co op game for me and my wife. We both have our own PS4s and I hope this game will fit the bill

It's pretty much that

People can actually wait at the entrance most of the time it's not successful unless to be jerks

It's beautiful. What would make it better if they had different zones closer to the door where you can only fight people 1-2 levels away from yours to avoid griefing and once you pass a point it is fair game.

jem0208

Ubisoft have the worst HUD designers in the industry. Every game they do its a overly cluttered mess.

Hopefully you can turn most of it off.
Say what?

Division has one of the best designed huds I've seen. It's awesome.

Edit: can you do the amazon pre order trick to get the beta where you cancel your pre order after getting the code?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
insta67kfb.gif

Tainted

So, how do I get an invite to the beta?
Has it started?

These are the methods I am aware of, there are probably more.

a) Join the waitlist from their official site
b) Preorder game
c) Buy latest humble bundle (PC version)

Beta rumoured to start late January

These are the methods I am aware of, there are probably more.

a) Join the waitlist from their official site
b) Preorder game
c) Buy latest humble bundle (PC version)

Beta rumoured to start late January

Amazon only, but not steam? That's interesting..
And too bad it's not on the first tier bundle.
Thanks.

Game looks great. That instructional video posted a few pages back won me over. This and Uncharted 4 will keep me busy in the spring.

So will this game actually have a core storyline to progress, or is mainly emergent gameplay in an mmo type atmosphere.

Not casting judgement on the later, just don't really know if I'm interested in that right now.

McNagah

I still have no idea what the objective in the game is, yet I like the setting. Can someone explain the game to me?

I still have no idea what the objective in the game is, yet I like the setting. Can someone explain the game to me?
You shoot things until they die
Pick up their loot
Shoot things with more health
Rinse and repeat until you go insane
(It's like Destiny)

McNagah

You shoot things until they die
Pick up their loot
Shoot things with more health
Rinse and repeat until you go insane
(It's like Destiny)

Okay, I get that. The marketing and the e3 trailers just make it look like its more than just that which makes me confuse from time to time. I just expect some sort of grand online journey after watching each trailer. The gameplay seems really cool though.

Okay, I get that. The marketing and the e3 trailers just make it look like its more than just that which makes me confuse from time to time. I just expect some sort of grand online journey after watching each trailer. The gameplay seems really cool though.

He is wrong there is an actual story and a reason for you to be doing the things you are doing in the game. I am not going to do the research for you. Ubisoft has provided enough information. Google is your friend.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
That actually looks amazing, and the bullshot haze has slowly lifted from my memory.

Let's do this, bet this will push my 980 on ultra for sure.

Grisby

Yep. I'm getting more and more excited for this game. Hope they can get it up and running though on day 1 (HA).

Looks like there might be some sort of healing tool? I'm down to be a post apocalyptic white mage. Also, there needs to be some sort of OT title referring to the damn knit caps; it's like all I see. When I think of The Division, I think of knit caps now.

shandy706

Kind of interesting to be honest. Destiny is definitely less MMOish than this game.

I enjoyed the tech and the little PvE I played.

Things like light shining through holes in lamps I shot. Rippling leather seats when bullets hit. Glass breaking apart as you shot it.

Some neat stuff.

That instructional video quelled some of my fears about this game. The way the darkzone pvp ties into the loot and the rest of the game actually sounds very intriguing. I was worried there would be a sort of disconnect.

After watching the trailer, I think I might take a chance with this now that Destiny has more or less fallen off (at 307 on only one character, I'm not where I'd be wanted for Trials and can't do the whole KF raid to be wanted to be brought on), and I'm sure it'll have a healthy community.

Problem is, which platform. PC will have the looks and performance, but UPlay. PS4 will likely have the stronger community. XBO has the expansion/DLC dibs if I'm not mistaken, unless it's just solely a marketing arrangement.

Senhua

Anyone know if preorder on Steam always guaranteed for refund?
Just precaution that I will not like the game when playing during beta.

Grief.exe

After watching the trailer, I think I might take a chance with this now that Destiny has more or less fallen off (at 307 on only one character, I'm not where I'd be wanted for Trials and can't do the whole KF raid to be wanted to be brought on), and I'm sure it'll have a healthy community.

Problem is, which platform. PC will have the looks and performance, but UPlay. PS4 will likely have the stronger community. XBO has the expansion/DLC dibs if I'm not mistaken, unless it's just solely a marketing arrangement.

It's already in the top three for worldwide revenue on Steam and IRS months out from release. I'd imagine the community will be comparable.

If you're willing to avoid Steam entirely, Ubisoft tends to heavily discount their Uplay keys as they are indefinitely trying to coax people to their platform.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Well I finally pre ordered the game and the Beta access will determine if I keep that pre order or not. Anyways Tom Clancy's The Division: New York Collapse Book looks interesting and if I like the game after playing the Beta I will consider buying it.

GHG

Probably still talking about Watch Dogs and AC Unity.

Just because a game is demanding it doesn't make it sub-par.

This game is officially back on my radar. Hopefully I get into the beta. I'm not pre-ordering just to try it out.

Top Bottom