• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer for The Division (3 minutes)

Keasar

Ubisoft published it.

This game is made my Massive. And they know their shit.

Get hyped.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xubf0o73ijQ/maxresdefault.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

As I understand it, most of the people who worked there back when they developed World in Conflict have left the studio, so its mostly new people.

Which is a bit sad, I was really hoping for a sequel for WiC (one of the best RTS games ever) and now I fear the dream is definitely dead. :(

pr0cs

I loved the alpha, but I'm torn. I'd like to play it on consoles but I upgraded my pc. I guess I'll wait for some reviews to see how either console fares.

For the people that played the alpha, is this game easier on newcomers than Rsix Siege?

Much easier to get into. During the alpha players were very helpful.

So fucking hyped for this!

I loved the alpha, but I'm torn. I'd like to play it on consoles but I upgraded my pc. I guess I'll wait for some reviews to see how either console fares.

I've got a bunch of friends on PC and Xbox One. I'll be buying both.

antitrop

As I understand it, most of the people who worked there back when they developed World in Conflict have left the studio, so its mostly new people.

Which is a bit sad, I was really hoping for a sequel for WiC (one of the best RTS games ever) and now I fear the dream is definitely dead. :(

I would imagine the list of game developers that are still mostly comprised of the same people that they had in 2007 would be a very fucking short list.

THIS is what I was looking for with Destiny. Can't wait to try the beta.

It's great. I'm not going to over hype it, but I definitely appreciated the fact that I could walk around a huge derelict city, and find interesting side content to do both outside and inside buildings. Then there's the story missions, lite-base building (like in the trailer), Dark Zone etc. Expecting good things based on what I've played.

Is it a seamless load, or does it load you in?

There world is seamless. It's not a case of having your hub then warping to specific locations like in Destiny. You have a base camp but then from there you explore the city freely, no loading either.

Similarly with match making, you have to wait for your team mates to spawn in but I don't remember a loading screen.

thebloo

The main designer (as presented on the Wiki at least) is the Creative Director of the studio. So, at least that.

Azzurri

It's great. I'm not going to over hype it, but I definitely appreciated the fact that I could walk around a huge derelict city, and find interesting side content to do both outside and inside buildings. Then there's the story missions, lite-base building (like in the trailer), Dark Zone etc. Expecting good things based on what I've played.

There world is seamless. It's not a case of having your hub then warping to specific locations like in Destiny. You have a base camp but then from there you explore the city freely, no loading either.

Similarly with match making, you have to wait for your team mates to spawn in but I don't remember a loading screen.

Sounds great!

pr0cs

I've got a bunch of friends on PC and Xbox One. I'll be buying both.
I wish I could afford that.
I have a feeling that ps4 or xbone version may still run better than my older gtx 660 but if not ( we are talking about massive ent here) then I might end up on pc.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Really want to play this on PC, but all my friends will be on PS4. Going to be a double dip most likely.

Damn I am such a sucker for graphical fidelity.

Maddanth

Looking solid.
However, I heard bad things about the pvp. How important is the pvp in this game? Am I going to be forced to participate in pvp?

Don't believe your forced. But They have dark zones you enter that are PVP. Although, that's apparently where the best loot is supposed to be.

Keasar

I would imagine the list of game developers that are still mostly comprised of the same people that they had in 2007 would be a very fucking short list.

That is true. It's been quite a while now since WiC released. :(

The main designer (as presented on the Wiki at least) is the Creative Director of the studio. So, at least that.

Didn't know that. Hopefully he could sell Ubisoft on the idea of World in Conflict 2, I want a sequel so badly.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Really want to play this on PC, but all my friends will be on PC. Going to be a double dip most likely.

Damn I am such a sucker for graphical fidelity.
double dip on PC?
Downgrade + unimpressive in 2016.

seinfeld-la-la-la-o.gif

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I just pre-ordered on Amazon so at least I can participate in the Beta. Depending how that goes will determine if I keep the game or not. Its a pretty cool way to see if I like the game and I can cancel my pre-order at any time. Chalk one win up for the customer.

thebloo

Didn't know that. Hopefully he could sell Ubisoft on the idea of World in Conflict 2, I want a sequel so badly.

A sequel (as I imagine it) seems pretty expensive for what is a really really niche genre at this moment. But maybe they'll get the freedom to make their "Child of Light" some point down the line.

Theorry

Is there a character creator ? Any videos of it ? How different are the looks of the players ? From the trailer everybody looks the same.

In the alpha were just some presets. Other things were locked so we couldnt go any deeper. Did saw piercings and tattoos also.

KodaRuss

Looks pretty solid. I will definitely give the beta a try first.

I have not disliked a Tom Clancy game so I hope that continues with this one.

theWB27

From the very first reveal this has been my most anticipated title this gen. Cannot wait for march. Ish looks great.

Theorry

Cool, they're marketing it only with this guy, would've liked to see some different looks.

Thats very typical with type of games. You need a "main" character for marketing.
Same for example with Sunset Overdrive. Saw always the same guy. Wich you never were gonna play because your make you own. :)

daveo42

Banned
Looks real good still based on that trailer, though I don't think I have the time or energy to commit to another MMO-style game. Do like the bio-apocalypse vibe going on and some of the base building/exploration stuff, but I think I'll pass at launch.

Raven117

Yeah, I'll be picking this up for sure.

I mean, a third person shooter RPG? It will be worth it to me for the single player alone...looks like they have a few more things going on...all the better.

Experien

So no word on what is in Season Pass? With Amazon Prime, Gold Edition is $80...$20 ($33 if you compare it to standard price) for Season Pass might not be awful.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So no word on what is in Season Pass? With Amazon Prime, Gold Edition is $80...$20 ($33 if you compare it to standard price) for Season Pass might not be awful.

From steam
"With the Season Pass, you'll receive a full year of major expansions and exclusive benefits. More details to be revealed soon !"

I just pre-ordered on Amazon so at least I can participate in the Beta. Depending how that goes will determine if I keep the game or not. Its a pretty cool way to see if I like the game and I can cancel my pre-order at any time. Chalk one win up for the customer.

gonna have to do this as well.... whens the beta?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That trailer was very good. I love stuff like that evolving player hub. Hopefully I can get into the next round of the beta and give it a go.

Top Bottom