• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian Pre-Order Up for PS3 at Portugal Retailer [Image inside]

Every.

Single.

Time.

Just release both.

You guys want the game running in sub-HD, at 20 fps with tearing, frame drops, pop-up, pop-in and horrible aliasing? Have fun, get the PS3 version.

But give the rest of us a choice to get the game on the best platform out there, running at the highest possible quality. Running in a way it deserves.

If third-parties can do it (Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Call of Duty, Destiny, Battlefield, NFS, Wolfenstein, Diablo III, Dying Light, etc.), so can Sony.
Hear, hear. I would take the PS4 version over a PS3 version anytime if it runs better.
The Problem is that Sony maybe can't fund it for both platforms.

Tiamant

FYI: This is FNAC, the retailer who leaked out Rayman Legends for Vita.

They're reliable.

Yes and no.

I work at FNAC and Rayman Legends and Black Ops II were leaked months before the official announcement because they appeared early in our informatic system, but these fake covers doesn't mean anything. We could make one announcing Mario Galaxy 3 for PS4 or Halo 5 for IOS, we have a lot of free reign when it comes to this.

Elios83

Maybe it would be better to leave those PS4 HD ports for summer. Good 6+ months of sales on PS3 and then 2nd strike with 1080p60 versions.

For GT6 it will be that way, PS4 version will include much more contents and features in 2014.
For Beyond, The Last Guardian and The Last of Us, I think it would be better to have them as PS4 launch titles as well.
They'd get software sales from PS3 users, they would make many people jump on PS4 quickly.
We'll see wht their plans are at E3, but these investements won't go 'wasted' as late PS3 efforts only.

Folstern

Comes out on PS3: People whine it isn't on PS4.
Comes out on PS4: People whine it isn't on PS3.

The fact that it is even coming out makes me happy.

zeopower6

Haha believe me I am staggered by the news over last few days regarding TLG. Well I guess its a good old lesson to shut the fuck up to stop you looking like a liar/fool online :(

Where does this leave TLG then!?

So Ueda is still spearheading the project despite not being part of Sony anymore right? Gameinformer describes his role as 'contributor' which seems like a minimal creative role

Same position as before just freelancing, I think.

BadWolf

Going just PS4 would definitely be a dick move to PS3 users imo, this game has been anticipated so long.

PS3 now and an 'HD' port later for the PS4 is the best way to go.

sense

Every.

Single.

Time.

Just release both.

You guys want the game running in sub-HD, at 20 fps with tearing, frame drops, pop-up, pop-in and horrible aliasing? Have fun, get the PS3 version.

But give the rest of us a choice to get the game on the best platform out there, running at the highest possible quality. Running in a way it deserves.

If third-parties can do it (Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Call of Duty, Destiny, Battlefield, NFS, Wolfenstein, Diablo III, Dying Light, etc.), so can Sony.

you do realize it is not the same architecture for ps3 and ps4 right? third parties can do ps4 builds by porting pc builds and that is not the case with ps3/ps4 so while it sucks there is a reason cross gen isn't gonna be simultaneous in most cases with sony games. i do expect some games to have ps4 versions 3 to 6 months down the line though.

Vorg

Banned
Yes and no.

I work at FNAC and Rayman Legends and Black Ops II were leaked months before the official announcement because they appeared early in our informatic system, but these fake covers doesn't mean anything. We could make one announcing Mario Galaxy 3 for PS4 or Halo 5 for IOS, we have a lot of free reign when it comes to this.

This, people. Get a grip. Those TLG fake boxes have been sitting there for years.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Thank you. I was about to say something similar.

Sony probably only needs to do this for a limited time - the 6-9 month window around the PS4 launch, so we're not even talking about a huge amount of titles. Unlike most 3rd parties who have to do this for basically all of their releases. It really isn't asking much.

Yes and no.

Stop telling the truth!!!

Let us live the dream and keep the hope alive :'(

fvng

This, people. Get a grip. Those TLG fake boxes have been sitting there for years.

I think this is also a big reason why people think there is some inbound news

lastguardian0603-610b.jpg

Maybe he's hinting that internally they know that they're going to announce the game for PS3 later this year?

Who knows. These leaks from shops are often always right though, so I am guessing its either PS3 and PS4, its pure speculation from a shop, or.. ahh fuck knows :(

Either way, it sounds like it's definitely coming to something...

Corto

Every.

Single.

Time.

Just release both.

Honestly I would think that ditching PS3 version and release a PS4 only version would be even better. People are tired of this generation. This years AAA titles are underperforming. Sony releasing so many high profile titles in the same year they'll release the new platform will cannibalize their sales. To people that are arguing that a PS4 version would sell less, just check the sales numbers of Resistance Fall of Man and Motorstorm. Launch titles sell a lot and with the added benefit of pushing hardware sales.

sense

ps3 and ps4 is different architecture so people asking for both need to realize it isn't as easy for sony games as it is for 3rd parties who can just port their pc builds.

trmas

Banned
I'm expecting that basically all of Sony's internal PS3 blockbusters for this year are going to be announced for the PS4 within the launch window timeframe, just like GT6. If that happens, GENIUS move.

I expect we will hear more about it at E3 - part of the "avalanche" of games predicted.

Its a game developed on PS3, no point shoe-horning it onto the PS4 and having people disappointed with the graphics.

I actually like that Sony is the one first-party that has shown support for their old hardware at and after their new systems launch.

Fingers crossed this is true, and far more like SOTC than ICO.

This backfired terribly for the PS3 in 2007.

Pojo_King

Neo Member
Who knows. These leaks from shops are often always right though, so I am guessing its either PS3 and PS4, its pure speculation from a shop, or.. ahh fuck knows :(

Either way, it sounds like it's definitely coming to something...

Mobile?

In all honesty, I think PS3 is the best place for it from a business perspective. This game was not going to sell at GOW or Uncharted levels. It's more a slow burn, word of mouth seller like SOTC which got more popular over time. By putting it on a system with a larger install base you give it a better chance of succeeding. IMO

I'm just happy it isn't vaporware.

Ventron

Comes out on PS3: People whine it isn't on PS4.
Comes out on PS4: People whine it isn't on PS3.

The fact that it is even coming out makes me happy.

This wouldn't be a problem if the PS4 had backwards compatibility. I want this game but I don't want to buy a sunsetting console for it.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
ps3 and ps4 is different architecture so people asking for both need to realize it isn't as easy for sony games as it is for 3rd parties who can just port their pc builds.
PS3 to PS4 may not be as straightforward as PC to PS4, but let's not pretend like it's a massive difference that can't be surmounted since devs also port from PC to PS3. All the time.

And, as I pointed out, this isn't something that Sony necessarily needs to do over the long-term, just for select PS3 games releasing during the PS4 launch period. So Sony may just need to alot more resources for ports for a year or so, then scale down and just go back to releasing single-platform only.

It's the least they can do to compensate for no BC.

I would be really happy if Sony's future exclusive releases for PS3 would come with some digital code to allow you to play it in some fashion over their Gaikai service.

There are many really great looking exclusive games coming out, but with new consoles releasing at the same time, those are going to end up getting the priority with my tv setup. My receiver has only so many HDMI ports to go around. :(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This makes more sense to me as a PS3 game than GT6 does. TLG will do well but it's not a sales juggernaut like GT is. Best to take advantage of the bigger userbase.

That said, I still wish it was on PS4.

Dami3N

i just want it. be it on ps3 or ps4. i dont give a "somthing"!

SotC are one of my greatest gamingmoments. I have high hopes for this

~~Hasan~~

the fact that sony did comment on the rumors about the game as " pure speculations " makes me think they are kinda pissed as they wanted this to be a surprise game of E3.

but who knows i could be mistaken. but i am almost 100% sure they will show the game at E3.

just... i am hoping they change it to ps4 game.

Soriku

This backfired terribly for the PS3 in 2007.

PS3 had other issues at the time.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Just release both.

How do you know it'll run that bad on it?

Anyway, if they actually follow through with a PS3 release it'd be a bit surprising. Granted, this isn't a big game (or rather, won't be a multimillion seller) so a big userbase could help, and they have been promising it for years now on the PS3, so who knows?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
its not coming to ps4. sony always works like this.gow 2 didnt release on ps3.
I don't think we should just keep giving Sony a pass just because "they always worked like this". They also always had hardware BC at launch before. Things have changed.

Top Bottom