• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcade Archives PS4 |OT|Winners Don’t Use Save States

I love the arcade archives, but $8 is just too expensive for one game. If they had a season pass or more sales I will definitely buy more. I bought all of the games that were on sale and also have Rygar as well. I will definitely buy Darius regardless of cost, but some of the games probably aren't selling well and I know I would buy them if they were $5 or less.

Rymuth

I love the arcade archives, but $8 is just too expensive for one game. If they had a season pass or more sales I will definitely buy more. I bought all of the games that were on sale and also have Rygar as well. I will definitely buy Darius regardless of cost, but some of the games probably aren't selling well and I know I would buy them if they were $5 or less.
You should check the flash sales whenever they happen, as these games tend to go as low as $3

You should check the flash sales whenever they happen, as these games tend to go as low as $3

I do, and have bought all of the games when they are on a flash sale. I actually check every week's daily sales and got a couple from those as well. They are just too few and far between.

gwailo

Banned
Contra comes with a theme.

2016-09-27%2023.02.57_zpsq0xhe1hr.png

Here's some gameplay

https://youtu.be/XPEkSuwQkV4

Jucksalbe

Banned
Nah, release situation in Europe isn't too bad. Aside from a few exceptions we're getting the same games. We're just trailing behind a few months, but what else is new?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
If you guys want to highscore-hunt with me then you're welcome to add me on psn, I tend to buy most Arcade-y games on PS4 even tho I sometimes wait for flash sales and being from EU there's less to choose from; my
Id is on my profile's page here :)
Do mention that you're from GAF tho or I won't add you

gwailo

Banned
Forgot how short Contra is. I beat it last night in about 12 minutes, and that was with dying a bunch of times on the last couple of bosses. Still a fun game though, will probably try to get gud so I can get all the trophies. If you want to add me for leaderboards (I have most of the AA releases) my PSN name is EvilNeil666.

I just realized that at least some of these games have a position/rotate feature. Which means you can play in proper TATE format via remote play on Vita.

File%20Oct%2014%2C%205%2056%2025%20PM.jpeg

(Is Neogaf.com slow today for just me, or everyone else?)

Opa-Pa

Do any of these come with the option to switch between japanese and western versions of the games? I'd like to get Renegade now that's on sale, but not if it's only the localized game.

Opa-Pa

Ah I see. What was the first game to feature both versions exactly? I'd like to get Super Dodge Ball at some point too and that looks like it released way later.

gwailo

Banned
I think it was Legend of Kage. I don't think SDB has the Japanese version. I can check later tonight.

Edit: it doesn't

yyr

Oh good, now XB1 owners will also have the privilege of paying $8 for barebones ports.

Ugh, if only these were cheaper I'd be tempted to buy a whole bunch of them.

dragonzdogma: M2 did great versions of Wonder Boy in Monster Land for 360/PS3.

Sorry for the bump, but was curious how the NeoGeo stuff turned out

Thanks
I only bought Metal Slug on Xbox One.

- random slowdowns / frame drops
- sound completely drops out randomly
- random crashes in Hi Score Mode

Honestly...for 7 € I feel like I got ripped off.

The achievements seem different compared to the PS4 version. A bit harder but overall it's still an easy 100%.

Fox Mulder

I only bought Metal Slug on Xbox One.

- random slowdowns / frame drops
- sound completely drops out randomly
- random crashes in Hi Score Mode

Honestly...for 7 € I feel like I got ripped off.

The achievements seem different compared to the PS4 version. A bit harder but overall it's still an easy 100%.

You can see the slowdowns in the game clips on the xb1 store. Sad!

So I've been picking up the Neo Geo AAC games here and there... but has Hamster forsaken us when it comes to the other games they promised last year? Where's Haunted Castle, Thunder Cross, Ninja Warriors, Darius etc?

zmet

So I've been picking up the Neo Geo AAC games here and there... but has Hamster forsaken us when it comes to the other games they promised last year? Where's Haunted Castle, Thunder Cross, Ninja Warriors, Darius etc?

I was wondering the same thing. I guess the Neo Geo stuff must be top priority for them at the moment.

They did release Darius physically on the now hard to find Darius 30th Anniversary Edition. I still haven't opened my copy yet (might do it this weekend) since all my free time has been going to Zelda.

Awwww yeah, Last Resort is up. Has anyone tried it yet? Emulation impressions?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...sort/cid=UP0571-CUSA06687_00-HAMPRDC000000001

Edit 2: Bought it. Emulation is pretty alright. I noticed some screen tearing 15 mins into my session, but it cleared up; a little frame skipping here and there. Controls are responsive and I'm not noticing any increased input delay over the NeoGeo original. I guess I didn't realize it (embarrassing), but there is some additional slowdown when heavy paralax hits; similar to other official releases. Definitely a step above the PS2 classics collection version.

Endo Punk

Any shoot'em up recommendations? Something with a vibrant colour palette and amazing pixel art, horizontal or vertical I don't mind. Blazing Star available yet? I see Pulstar released today, how is that game?

I keep hoping and praying that because Technos properties keep trickling out that I’ll eventually get an arcade port of Combatribes, which is a criminally underrated brawler and one of my absolute favorites.

shaowebb

Wow these arcade archives are really heading into territory I didn't expect to see revisited on modern consoles. Some of these titles are pretty obscure and its great its not just the same lineup you always see from these. Here's hoping we get some of the lost Konami beat em ups like Metamorphic Force or maybe even others like Gaiaopolis or Battle Circuit to crop up.

Is this just arcade though? Would be dope to see some other unsung greats like Alien Soldier that was jap/EU only (outside of sega channel) show up for all those Gunstar Hero loving Treasure fans.

Top Bottom