• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

I assume there must be an extreme amount of carrying going on. Or Prospect ranks are so crowded a bunch are regularly farted out into challenger before dropping back to prospect again.

I think there is something to this theory, although I don't think they ever get farted out. They just stay where they are, forever fucking up people's games. You only gotta do .500 to stay where you are at. That's a coin flip with matchmaking.

Zanosuke

Doesn't nVidias supersampling work after the latest update? I have changed it in GF experience but when I start the game it started minimized and I can't open it for some reason. Tried to reinstall graphic drivers but no luck >_<

My team mate Opossite scored a pretty sick fast kick off goal.

giphy.gif

And a couple others I scored in last nights session.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

TheKeyPit

Banned
^Siiiiiiiick!

Edit:
It feels sooo good to make a save and then score right afterwards:
http://imgur.com/8PDKugy

--------

Edit2:
Oh Psyonix, you've just lost a lot of sympathy points:
http://www.rocketleaguegame.com/news/2016/07/coming-soon-headlander-day-tentacle-items/

Though we had been going back and forth with our friends at Double Fine regarding potential ways to share cool stuff for our respective communities, we ultimately landed on showcasing a little bit of LucasArts&#8217; old school charms and Double Fine&#8217;s fresh and humorous perspective with two new Garage customization items. Both of them will be available for FREE on PS4 and Steam PC when our next patch drops later this summer.

So, this news is basically worth nothing to Xbox users. Don't do this Psyonix. The game is out for all three platforms. Don't do this to a Day of the Tentacle fan.

I fucking hate the Aftershock. The noise it makes is absolutely horrendous, and, on occasion, deafening. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.

Playing against an Aftershock on Neo Tokyo is one of the worst gaming experiences I've ever had.

Norfair

Weird, the noise of other people playing it hasn't been noticeable. I just dislike it because I think it looks ugly.

Agreed it should be on Xbox, too, though aren't some of the Double Fine remasters console exclusive to PS4?

Either way, can't wait to use this bad boy!

Purple-Tentacle-Topper.jpg

Hasney

Edit2:
Oh Psyonix, you've just lost a lot of sympathy points:
http://www.rocketleaguegame.com/news/2016/07/coming-soon-headlander-day-tentacle-items/

So, this news is basically worth nothing to Xbox users. Don't do this Psyonix. The game is out for all three platforms. Don't do this to a Day of the Tentacle fan.

No, do it more. I don't want to be restricted if they can do only do a deal for PS4/PC since the game isn't available on XB1. They should do a deal for a topper from Cuphead or something and make that XB1/PC only.

TheKeyPit

Banned
No, do it more. I don't want to be restricted if they can do only do a deal for PS4/PC since the game isn't available on XB1. They should do a deal for a topper from Cuphead or something and make that XB1/PC only.

I want Alan Wake, Quantum Break, Ori and the Blind Forest, Rare-stuff(Conker, Banjo, Sea of Thieves etc.) and many more items to be in the game, but it looks like they farted out Halo, Gears and Sunset Overdrive and are done for good.

Z..

What's the point of having cross play if you can't form a party with your cross platform friends?
I mean, there's 3 of us, wtf can we even do?

Z..

Find 1 or 3 more and do private matches :D

There aren't 1 or 3 more. Everyone just pirates everything on PC here and PS4s are still way too expensive for most people to even consider buying. Also, don't have that many friends into gaming.

How is this not a feature? It's the major benefit of cross play, by far.

Hasney

There aren't 1 or 3 more. Everyone just pirates everything on PC here and PS4s are still way too expensive for most people to even consider buying. Also, don't have that many friends into gaming.

Because its really fucking difficult to develop a cross-party system across formats, especially for a small team.

TheKeyPit

Banned

This will work somewhere in the far future. We don't even have full crossplay after all these years. Small steps.

Z..

Because its really fucking difficult to develop a cross-party system across formats, especially for a small team.

Psyonix is not a small team.
And come on, there's plenty of games with parties in cross play, it can't be "really fucking difficult"... and if it is that difficult, they can certainly afford to hire some Manfred Trenz/Iwata type figure to get it done. US companies (outside of Blizzard and Valve) never seem to be on the same technical level as japanese or european ones for some reason... Still, Psyonix did create an amazing engine so I'm certain they have it in them. I just don't understand why such a feature would be anything except their top priority...

This will work somewhere in the far future. We don't even have full crossplay after all these years. Small steps.

What does this mean?

Unicorn

Yeah, having ps4/xbone play with pc in random matches, but not able to facilitate with a party is one of the biggest divides in features ever. Need to find a way to party up once in a custom game.

TheKeyPit

Banned
What does this mean?

I don't know any crossplay titles that support parties between platforms.

What does it mean? It means that we've yet to see the first real crossplay between PS4, PC and Xbox One. We can think about other stuff after we get this done first.

Hasney

Yeah, I honestly can't think of a single game that has cross-play parties outside of MMOs where all that has to built for the game anyway rather than for matchmaking.

I guess the problem is you need connect to universal servers and stay on the servers, then party up, but in rocket league conecting to servers is the match is made and starting, and you leave when finished.

Might be why it only seems to be used in MMOs? Because everyone loads into a server, parties and stays on the server.

Z..

I don't know any crossplay titles that support parties between platforms.

What does it mean? It means that we've yet to see the first real crossplay between PS4, PC and Xbox One. We can think about other stuff after we get this done first.

As far as personal experience goes I've only played War Thunder with cross play parties because frankly we're more couch co-op oriented but google is making it clear it is but one of several examples. RL, while fun in splitscreen, necessitates the extra real estate to play seriously.

So it's more important chasing a hollow benchmark than establishing a service that actually gives the players what they want? Crossplay without the ability to form parties is mostly meaningless for the average user. Some will be able to enjoy the benefits to their full extent within private matches but for most players it means nothing really changes. Combined playerbase will be incredible once the game's popularity starts dwindling and in that I see great potential when it comes to extending the game's life (I doubt the dedicated community will ever abandon this with such a unified experience) but in the here and now I think it makes alot more sense to fully flesh out the crossplay service's capibilities first than to expand it's scope with an unfinished toolkit. Clear case of putting the cart before the horse merely to capitalize on the attention of being the first to "get there".

TheKeyPit

Banned
As far as personal experience goes I've only played War Thunder with cross play parties because frankly we're more couch co-op oriented but google is making it clear it is but one of several examples. RL, while fun in splitscreen, necessitates the extra real estate to play seriously.

So it's more important chasing a hollow benchmark than establishing a service that actually gives the players what they want? Crossplay without the ability to form parties is mostly meaningless for the average user. Some will be able to enjoy the benefits to their full extent within private matches but for most players it means nothing really changes. Combined playerbase will be incredible once the game's popularity starts dwindling and in that I see great potential when it comes to extending the game's life (I doubt the dedicated community will ever abandon this with such a unified experience) but in the here and now I think it makes alot more sense to fully flesh out the crossplay service's capibilities first than to expand it's scope with an unfinished toolkit. Clear case of putting the cart before the horse merely to capitalize on the attention of being the first to "get there".

Personally I think that the average user doesn't give a damn about this stuff, because all he wants is to play and get fast matchmaking and most of the time their friends are already on the same platform.

vort3x

So just missed that greenman gaming rocket league sale the other day. Just bought a new laptop and now im looking to get rocket league for pc for those days when im not home with my xbox. I might have to break down and pay full price again but i'd rather not seeing as it was just on sale . Anyone got any coupons or shit I could use for it?

Bollocks

I'm officially playing with idiots.
Very first kickoff, I'm on the side, teammate is on the other, 3rd is goalie. I go after it, as I go after it I can hear the boost from the 3rd guy, oh god please, no, no, noooooooo.
Sure enough he goes after the kickoff, open goal, 1:0.

The 2nd guy didn't even question that move.

I forfeit immediately, because I know where this is going and I'm tired of this shit.
"Wow forfeit already"
Yes, excuse me you dipshit, our goalie charged after the kickoff, in fucking Challenger 1.

It goes without saying that my teammate chased after the ball when was driving it forward on the wall as well.
That broke the camels back lol and I just watched from the sidelines, because it's useless to put any effort in only to recieve a bs goal because you dared to follow up on your clear. And I didn't know if I would get banned if I was kicked due to inactivity. Not interested in a 15m ban just because they don't know the meta of RL.

TheKeyPit

Banned
^Challenger Hell right there.

Solo Standard could use more players for matchmaking. They should lock a certain item behind that playlist to make it more popular for a while.

Hasney

^Challenger Hell right there.

Solo Standard could use more players for matchmaking. They should lock a certain item behind that playlist to make it more popular for a while.

Noooooo. It'll just fill it with more annoying people that just want a shiny.

Ran rp

I swear the people in challenger are getting dumber as time goes on. I'm constantly playing with people pulling all sorts of dumb stunts. I can take advantage of them when they're on the other team but when I get paired with 'em... hooo boy.

I seem to be ranking up as quickly as I was earlier in the season, at least.

J. Bravo

I'm officially playing with idiots.
Very first kickoff, I'm on the side, teammate is on the other, 3rd is goalie. I go after it, as I go after it I can hear the boost from the 3rd guy, oh god please, no, no, noooooooo.
Sure enough he goes after the kickoff, open goal, 1:0.

The 2nd guy didn't even question that move.

I forfeit immediately, because I know where this is going and I'm tired of this shit.
"Wow forfeit already"
Yes, excuse me you dipshit, our goalie charged after the kickoff, in fucking Challenger 1.

It goes without saying that my teammate chased after the ball when was driving it forward on the wall as well.
That broke the camels back lol and I just watched from the sidelines, because it's useless to put any effort in only to recieve a bs goal because you dared to follow up on your clear. And I didn't know if I would get banned if I was kicked due to inactivity. Not interested in a 15m ban just because they don't know the meta of RL.
In 3s you don't usually follow up your own clear. Your teammate should be there first since they don't have to recover. And if you're conceding a goal because two go for the ball while one goes for boost , your kickoff sucks :p and I know what you're talking about. I'm in challenger elite lol

about that, that actually happened the other day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP-NoivAKYw

God forbid there was an opening and I tried to capitalize on it.
I'm at a loss for words, it just isn't fun anymore.

Goes after ball with a bad angle: Check

Slows ball down with no assurance of teammate pickup or to last ditch Save: Check

Guns it as further back teammate hits point of no return to challenge the dribble as if he has the world's worst psychic powers: Check

But he can really hit and open goal on a fast break!

about that, that actually happened the other day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP-NoivAKYw

God forbid there was an opening and I tried to capitalize on it.
I'm at a loss for words, it just isn't fun anymore.
The way he's driving back toward your goal, then just turns around in front of you to go for the ball even though you have a better angle, speed, view, everything... THAT'S the shit that drives me insane. Games are so much better when people understand the concept of rotation and positioning.

TheKeyPit

Banned
But the real question is: Why is Jedi driving backwards for a moment after he respawns? He's so full of caffein that I'd expect him to immediately go full rambo after the respawn, but he doesn't.

Top Bottom