• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory teases new project, unveiling soon

anything but a new one of these:

Kung_Fu_Chaos.jpg

Chamber

love on your sleeve
There's way no way they're unveiling DmC2 this soon after the first game. This isn't an Ubisoft franchise.

DieH@rd

Banned
I would like DMC2. Switch it to nextgen, up the framerate to 60, give oldschool players lock on, make few changes to the combat engine, and all will be well.

Charachter is good, setting is good, artstyle is good.

Going out on a limb:

boxartlg.jpg

banner.png

damn, you really stirred things up :D

I am hoping for Enslaved 2, or Heavenly Swords 2 as a launch title for PS4 -highly unlikely- or a new IP.

I don't think it is DmC 2, come on they just shipped DmC1 and it didn't meet Capcom expectation.

Sephzilla

That was before DmC cratered and had it's shipment numbers cut in half.

I think the DmC every 1.5 years thing was said even before they really started to see the huge backlash the reboot had anyway. I'd be stunned if it was DmC2. The first game is only a couple of months old, sold horribly, and the word of mouth on the game is kind of mixed.

I, however, would very openly welcome a Heavenly Sword 2. Probably my favorite title from them overall.

I don't know if that's true or not.

It's true if I remember right. Enslaved sold somewhere from 800 to 900k copies. DmC topped off at maybe 700k at the absolute most. Basically ever new Ninja Theory game has sold less than their previous title under the Ninja Theory name.

sleepykyo

It's true if I remember right. Enslaved sold somewhere from 800 to 900k copies. DmC topped off at maybe 700k at the absolute most. Basically ever new Ninja Theory game has sold less than their previous title under the Ninja Theory name.

That doesn't account from pc copies though.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Heavenly Swords,Enslaved,DmC bombed (and they were all big budget project) and Tameem Antoniades bad mouthed Microsoft after Kung Fu Chaos in HS dairy dev diary and then Sony after HS saying he want it multiplat and got nothing from Sony..ect.

so yeah I really doubt that they'll get a big publisher this time.

Sephzilla

That doesn't account from pc copies though.

I doubt its PC numbers were that great. It dropped out of relevance on Steams top sellers list within a week or two after its release and was getting outsold by games like Euro Truck Simulator 2. The DMC franchise in general sells like shit on PC.

Seriously though, I'd really like Heavenly Sword 2.

ezekial45

Banned
Heavenly Swords,Enslaved,DmC bombed (and they were all big budget project) and Tameem Antoniades bad mouthed Microsoft after Kung Fu Chaos in HS dairy dev diary and then Sony after HS saying he want it multiplat and got nothing from Sony..ect.

You'd be wrong.

Kusagari

Devil May Cry 5 here we come.

Because obviously our only problem with DmC was the fact they changed the setting and designs, not Ninja Theory themselves.

capcom_troll.png

Sephzilla

You'd think that, but you also have to remember that publishers themselves are stupid too. Some big name publisher will pick these guys up again.

Korigama

If not that new Strider, then likely something else for yet another Japanese publisher. Perhaps a new Shinobi for Sega.

Glass Rebel

Ninja Theory can't even make a decent game by themselves so everybody better hope that they have Capcom guys helping them again.

Top Bottom