• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

gutshot

Across the NFL, an epidemic has begun to spread. The disease? Leakyolinitus. Its symptoms include an anemic run game, QBs running for their lives, and an overall inability to score touchdowns.

If your offensive plays regularly look like this...

giphy.gif

Or this...

giphy.gif

Or this...

giphy.gif

...Your team may be suffering from this debilitating disease.

There is no known cure, at the moment. But temporary relief is available by starting a mobile QB or acquiring a stud RB.

Week 3

LAR @ SF
BAL @ JAX (London)
DEN @ BUF
PIT @ CHI
NO @ CAR
TB @ MIN
CLE @ IND
MIA @ NYJ
HOU @ NE
ATL @ DET
NYG @ PHI
SEA @ TEN
KC @ LAC
CIN @ GB
OAK @ WAS
DAL @ ARI

effzee

Posting my reply from the other thread:

Good morning

I would like to say I made that prediction while assuming Zeke was still suspended for 6 games otherwise I would have picked Cowboys. I feel like I only get laughed at

Those don't mean a thing though when Eli can't throw to Odell with that horrid oline which looks even worse than last year at least to me. Eli is a dead man walking. The D can't breathe and are gonna be sent out there to die constantly.

Right now, I would say the East is looking like.
1) Eagles (look to be the most well rounded)
2) Cowboys (that defense.. oof)
3) Racists
4) Giants

Again its been only 2 weeks and the Giants lost to two good teams. Its not like they are the Bengals or Jets. And the rest of the division is only 1 game ahead. Plenty time to correct their issues.

The line was an issue all last season and they still won. They need to scheme for better protection, which they can do with keeping a TE in to block and the back chipping.

I bet this adjustment takes place this coming weekend. Now if they lose to Philly and then have to go to TB at 0-3, I'd say they are close to done.

Right now as an Eagles fan I am worried the Giants are going to go all out and destroy the Eagles. Early prediction is Giants 34, Eagles 13

gutshot

To Xia and any other mods, I was told to keep posting these threads in OT, but if you need to move us to Community now, go for it.

Sephzilla

First one that needs to be gone is, and always has been, Dom Capers

Yeah, I think Capers has overstayed his welcome but I've kind of reached the point where I think the issue with the defense isn't Capers, but it's the people Thompson is giving Capers. Arguably the best player Capers has had during his Packers tenure was Charles Woodson, a free agent acquisition, and Thompson doesn't really make big splashes like that any more. The people Thompson is drafting are either not panning out or leaving the team (see: Casey Heyward).

I'd give Capers maybe a year or two more under a non Ted Thompson regime

Draxal

Again its been only 2 weeks and the Giants lost to two good teams. Its not like they are the Bengals or Jets. And the rest of the division is only 1 game ahead. Plenty time to correct their issues.

The line was an issue all last season and they still won. They need to scheme for better protection, which they can do with keeping a TE in to block and the back chipping.

I bet this adjustment takes place this coming weekend. Now if they lose to Philly and then have to go to TB at 0-3, I'd say they are close to done.

Right now as an Eagles fan I am worried the Giants are going to go all out and destroy the Eagles. Early prediction is Giants 34, Eagles 13

Eli is starting to show David Carr syndrome, this isn't 2011 Eli who can move in the pocket well enough to avoid the bad line.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I predict another up and down season for the Packers, another playoff appearance, another cinderella run at the end up the NFC Championship game, despite a duct taped defence, and then another dismantling to a better team.

After a 1/2 decade of this story repeating this is the first season where I find my self no longer feeling as emotionally invested in the games. I think I may be getting jaded. How the heck do Lions and Browns fans deal with this???

Pepiope

I can't see how we give up 34 to the Giants. Did you watch us play against KC and Washington? We have one of the better lines in the league. If we don't have pressure in Eli's face all game long I'll be disappointed

Then when you factor in the controversy in NY right now... This has to be a win for us.

I'm trying to continue being cautiously optimistic about the Lions. But if they win this Sunday, I will be full on chugging the koolaid.

brentech

I fully expect the Bengals to suddenly look like a playoff team against the Packers this week.
I think King showed he might be our break out corner given more time starting on defense. If Mike Daniels is back in, I think we'll be fine.

Mike Daniels dodged a major bullet after suffering an injury on Sunday.

On Monday evening, Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reported that Daniels has a minor hamstring injury after getting an MRI. So it looks like he won't miss too much time if any.

Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com, is also reporting that Jordy Nelson, who injured his quad on Sunday night, does not have a long-term injury. Head coach Mike McCarthy may have more information on Nelson and Daniels when he holds his press conference on Monday night.

neoemonk

I predict another up and down season for the Packers, another playoff appearance, another cinderella run at the end up the NFC Championship game, despite a duct taped defence, and then another dismantling to a better team.

After a 1/2 decade of this story repeating this is the first season where I find my self no longer feeling as emotionally invested in the games. I think I may be getting jaded. How the heck do Lions and Browns fans deal with this???

Long time Lions fan here. Started watching as a kid because Barry Sanders was amazing. Never quit, even when he did.

Mostly you get numb to it, with some flashes of anger.

Hindl

Go Eagles beat the Giants

Look I'm usually there with you but I can't agree here. First, it's the Giants. They're 1-5 against Philly in the past 3 years, the 1 loss when Wentz threw two early picks and they still almost won that game. Second, it's in Philly, where the Giants get absolutely demolished every year. And those were better Giants teams than this.

Going on to their issues. Why do you think it's so fixable? OL play around the league in general is bad, and the Giants look like they have one of the worst situations. Those don't magically become better. Honestly, how does that OL improve enough to where the Giants offense is any bit of a threat? And while the Giants OL has gotten worse, the Eagles DL has become exponentially better. The hot and cold Eagles pass rush last year still got to Eli, and now the pass rush is even better. The Chiefs and Skins have two top OLs in the league and the Eagles got sacks against them.

Eli is also regressing pretty hard, although part of that is due to the OL. Marshall has been a big disappointment. They still have no running game. Odell still isn't 100%. And for however much you hate Doug, McAdoo is worse. He's a coward who got the ball back before halftime with 3 timeouts left and ran the clock out instead of trying to score. That's soft. That's the coach you're afraid of? The one that's suddenly going to draw up better protections and come up with a good offensive game plan?

And finally that score prediction. The Giants haven't put up 20 or more points in what, 8 games now? And against the bad Dallas defense they only managed 3? I get being an Eagles fan means you've seen your team blow games they should've won. But I don't see it here. I get that their defense is elite, but I'd be shocked if the offense even puts up 10 points. Maybe Wentz throws 3 TAINTs and suddenly Eli figures it out. But I'm pretty comfortable predicting the Eagles beat the Giants. I don't even think the Eagles are a top team in the league, they have serious flaws. But the Giants are just bad

Sephzilla

Here's likely a more detailed prediction of how the season will unfold

> Packers start the first half of the season looking okay at best, but with obvious holes
> People will begin to question McCarthy, McCarthy puffs his feathers and gets defensive for the press daring to ask questions
> People start asking if the Packers window has finally closed
> Rodgers says some one-word catch phrase that gets meme'd to death
> Defense decides they want to save Capers job again by looking good for 2 consecutive games down the stretch
> Rodgers goes Super Saiyan before an actual complete team shuts them down in the NFC Title Game
> Everyone forgets about the struggles earlier in the year because the Packers over achieved down the stretch
> Repeat process in 2018

I think the most infuriating part of last night might have been toward the end of the first half. Lions were stopped and on 4th down and the Giants could have gotten the ball back with over a minute left on the clock and two timeouts. Instead, McAdoo let the clock run then effectively took a knee when the Giants got the ball back and went into halftime down 10, with all 3 timeouts remaining.

If your confidence in your team's offense is that low as an offensive head coach, especially when you're the one calling plays, you might as well just quit right there on the field and let a real head coach step in.

I'm used to McAdoo's generally awful play calling at this point, but that amount of cowardice was a real white flag that he has no business running the offense.

lol-duck.gif

I think the main problem is that your team consists of a bunch of soft ass bitches who all want to make the coolest one handed catches and don't give a fuck about anything else but style points. The INT where the guy failed to make the one handed catch was embarrassing, could have easily gone for it with two hands, but gotta look cool one-handing it.

Rvaan

Banned
Go Texans. Please don't get pants on TV by NE again.
I've already got the vodka ready for when this happens.

Golly, maybe Ereck Flowers is exactly what Ziggy needed to get his groove back? Terryl Austin not being a head coach somewhere else right now is such a relief. Two good weeks of game planning in a row. Got burned on a TE seam for the Giants lone TD and played some questionable soft coverage where the Giants ate us up with slants. But overall, looked good. Could be the result of playing two wheel-less and out of prime QBs in a row, though. Guess we will find out against Atlanta when they drop a 40 burger on the D

Where did all these Lions fans come from? You post sporadically for few years and suddenly they're everywhere!

PerfectCoarseDeermouse.gif

Go Bears.

Three of our recent starting QBs are current starters for other teams. I can't wait to see Mike Glennon start somewhere else too!

kmfdmpig

I'm guessing a lot of home crowds will be disappointed this week.

LAR @ SF
BAL @ JAX (London)
DEN @ BUF
PIT @ CHI
NO @ CAR
TB @ MIN
CLE @ IND
MIA @ NYJ
HOU @ NE
ATL @ DET
NYG @ PHI
SEA @ TEN