• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony's Frozen Pizza is the most vile stuff ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brofist

Revolutionary said:
Ah, I love New York.

-hugs local Pizza shop

It was only a matter of time, New Yorkers are to pizza topics as Killzone 2 fanboys are to fps topics on the gaming side :lol

suffah

Does maths and stuff
kpop100 said:
It was only a matter of time, New Yorkers are to pizza topics as Killzone 2 fanboys are to fps topics on the gaming side :lol

The difference is, NY pizza is proven. KZ2 is impressions based off a beta. Hope I didn't destroy OT.

GhaleonEB

seat said:
I gotta admit, even the worst pizza still tastes pretty good to me.
Yeah. I'll eat a freaking Totinios if it's put in front of me, and that's about as far from actual pizza as you can get.

Gawd. Pizza. Now the tummy's growling.

050726_uno_bcol_11a.standard.jpg

Kapsama

Uh Tony's obviously can't keep up with the $10 frozen pizzas DiGiorno and Freschetta but I'll be damned if it's worse than Tombstone and Red Baron. What a joke the latter two are.

suffah said:
The difference is, NY pizza is proven. KZ2 is impressions based off a beta. Hope I didn't destroy OT.
Proven to be nothing special. I really don't see they hype for NY pizza, they're not really better than the chains.

Now Chicago Style deep dish :)

-PXG-

I got REAL pizza in my fridge. Homemade and made from SCRATCH Mmmmmmmm!!!

DiGiorno is not half bad for a frozen pizza. Never tried any other brand.

But yeah, OP has made me hungry >: (

r3d panda said:
$1 celeste pizzas are at the bottom of the barrel for sure
So cheap and so delicious. Mama celeste > Pizza Hut, Dominioes, and Papa Johns. Great snack food for when I want Pizza but don't want to spend $15-20 ordering it from the local pizzeria. I wish she would adopt me.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This was posted on the gaming side? :lol Hilarious!

But on topic: I don't like Tony's. It disgusts me.

firex

I like frozen pizza, but I think Tony's is the only brand I've never eaten. shit, even Kroger (that is, grocery store) brand frozen pizzas are pretty good. and sometimes, in all seriousness, Freschetta frozen pizzas are better than some delivery pizzas. not DiGiorno, no matter what their stupid slogan is.

Aaron

Geez, buy pre-made dough and make your own pizza. It might cost a little more, but it will always be better than that frozen shit, especially if you buy decent sauce.

Aaron said:
Geez, buy pre-made dough and make your own pizza. It might cost a little more, but it will always be better than that frozen shit, especially if you buy decent sauce.

Even better, get a woman.

Fuck frozen pizza, I'm never eating that stuff again!

This is real pizza:

11h6gx0.jpg

My fiance made it last week, completely from scratch. It even has stuffed crust.

(and yes, that's a full sized plate)

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
tony's is tasty stuff.

my grandma buys and eats kroger brand 30 second microwave cheese pizzas. they're much worse. MUCH worse.

Tek

beelzebozo said:
tony's is tasty stuff.

my grandma buys and eats kroger brand 30 second microwave cheese pizzas. they're much worse. MUCH worse.

OMG, you are not lying. I tried some of those out because they were on sale. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Rather poop on a plate and microwave that for 30 seconds than eat that crap again

I buy the just-add-water dough mixes and make my own pizzas, but if even that is too much trouble for you, why not buy a pre-made crust like a Boboli and have that in your freezer? It's no harder to have the ingredients frozen than a cheap crappy pie.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
adamsappel said:
I buy the just-add-water dough mixes and make my own pizzas, but if even that is too much trouble for you, why not buy a pre-made crust like a Boboli and have that in your freezer? It's no harder to have the ingredients frozen than a cheap crappy pie.

truf. hey, if you're doing "just-add-water" dough mixes, you should take the next step and start making your own homemade dough. on the real, it's so much better than anything you can buy in stores (but i will admit that many pizza shops will sell you dough for like $1, and it is a contender in the flavor department)

Kapsama said:
Uh Tony's obviously can't keep up with the $10 frozen pizzas DiGiorno and Freschetta but I'll be damned if it's worse than Tombstone and Red Baron. What a joke the latter two are.

DiGiorno and Freschetta are regularly $5 in Kentucky. I hope that $10 is an embellishment.

beelzebozo said:
truf. hey, if you're doing "just-add-water" dough mixes, you should take the next step and start making your own homemade dough. on the real, it's so much better than anything you can buy in stores (but i will admit that many pizza shops will sell you dough for like $1, and it is a contender in the flavor department)

This is true. My fiance says pizza is one of the cheapest things to make and that any pizza you purchase is ridiculously overpriced.

She made a huge homemade pizza for about $5.30

Kapsama

PotatoeMasher said:
DiGiorno and Freschetta are regularly $5 in Kentucky. I hope that $10 is an embellishment.

My local supermarkets like Pathmark or Shoprite sell them for $9.99. Wal-Mart sells Digiorno's for $5.50-$5.99 but they don't sel Freschetta. :(

Oh and my moms pizza >>>> *insert whatever you want*

Darklord

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
This is true. My fiance says pizza is one of the cheapest things to make and that any pizza you purchase is ridiculously overpriced.

She made a huge homemade pizza for about $5.30

I find homemade pizza really damn expensive with all the stuff it needs. That is unless you have something basic like ham and cheese.

Kapsama said:
What? Tombstone 4 cheese pizzas are awesome. They're so....cheesy.

And yes Tony's are an abomination.

Freschetta is the cream of the crop as far as frozens go.

agrajag

Banned
Darklord said:
I find homemade pizza really damn expensive with all the stuff it needs. That is unless you have something basic like ham and cheese.

It is. And it's not like you can buy just enough of the ingredients to make one pizza.

agrajag said:
It is. And it's not like you can buy just enough of the ingredients to make one pizza.
Most of the pizzas I make from scratch end up being "leftover pizzas" - the staples I always have in the home make the dough and sauce, and then a whole litany of fridge contents gets piled on top. Sometimes, even the most strange-sounding combinations taste good. Saves money, and gets rid of leftovers.

At least, better than frozen/freezerburnt pizza.

Darklord said:

The pizza that slice was taken from in the pic above only cost $5.30. The most expensive thing is the cheese and chicken, vegetables are pretty damn cheap.

ironically, i think the only good mini frozen pizzas are those low fat/low cal pizzas

funny how shit like Tony's tastes 10 times worse and is 10 times more bad for you

Aaron

agrajag said:
The cheese and sauce lasts a long time. If you don't use all of the dough at once, you can either freeze it or use it in other things. I just made chicken and rice calzones with spicy peanut sauce. So very good. Everything else you put on pizza can be put on other things. If all of your meals are coming out of a microwave, you're just short changing yourself. Cooking is healthier, tastier, and cheaper in the long run.

Kapsama

sublime085 said:
What? Tombstone 4 cheese pizzas are awesome. They're so....cheesy.

Freschetta is the cream of the crop as far as frozens go.

Nah I detest the Tomato sauce on Tombstone pizzas. Ruins it for me.

I agree though, you can't beat Freschetta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom