• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age - 2017 Spring Trailer

Tripon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_L15cLOkM0 [ENG]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLicDKIa3sA&t=0s [JP]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew3Rhy0PVIw

120 second overview of the game and features.
FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE improves upon the classic FINAL FANTASY® XII, now more beautiful and exhilarating than ever. The high-definition release introduces several modern advancements, and will be the first time for western audiences to experience the Zodiac Job System.

A grand adventure awaits both new and returning players. Experience the world of Ivalice like never before.

I'm skipping Final Fantasy XV until the Game of the Year edition comes, so this will be my first main Final Fantasy I'll play against since Final Fantasy XIII-2.

God, I miss this game.

Talka

So pumped. I missed this one when it came out, and it felt too dated last year when I went back and tried it.

All the graphical improvements, quality of life improvements, and job system changes are right up my alley.

Can't wait.

rucury

Banned
Extremely hyped. This game was a lot of fun back in the day, even without the Zodiac version improvement or the HD remaster. I enjoyed the localization a lot, too

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Notice how Ashe is the main focus of the trailer, and not Vaan.

Someone at SE's marketing department knows what's what. Only way it could have been better is if they had focused on Balthier

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I spent most of FFXV driving around with FFXII's battle theme playing. Really looking forward to this remaster.

I only got to play a few hours of this one (I still own it on PS2 which puts into doubt whether I will get the Zodiac Age or just restart it), but Balthier is a top 5 Final Fantasy character isn't he? Wonderful VA.

liezryou

Does SE have exclusivity with sony or something? Absolutely baffles me why they don't release concurrently on PC seeing how well their games have been doing on steam.

Damn, talk about downplaying Vaan's role in the game. Did he even speak more than once?

Nope. Thank god. Considering the game wasn't even supposed to be about him I'm all for it. Too bad they didn't have the kind of budget where they could go in the original direction they wanted with this remake.

Aeana

Does SE have exclusivity with sony or something? Absolutely baffles me why they don't release concurrently on PC seeing how well their games have been doing on steam.

Because they'll release it on PC in 6-12 months and people will buy it again.

Inuhanyou

Double dippers. And SE prioritize Sony anyway due to their legacy relationship. FF12 did only come out on PS2 after all.

Nope. Thank god. Considering the game wasn't even supposed to be about him I'm all for it. Too bad they didn't have the kind of budget where they could go in the original direction they wanted with this remake.

Its not a remake, its just an HD remaster of the original zodiac PS2 version. If it was an actual remake, then yes, we would probably expect more. But we'd also not see it this decade.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I only got to play a few hours of this one (I still own it on PS2 which puts into doubt whether I will get the Zodiac Age or just restart it), but Balthier is a top 5 Final Fantasy character isn't he? Wonderful VA.

Yeah, he's awesome. Wish we could have seen Balthier in the game's original conception. I always think Chris Hemsworth when I see him for some reason.

That trailer was all over the place. Surprised that Square is acknowledging that the game is about Ashe and not Vaan.

The battle scenes they showed were so lackluster. They should have showed off more of the quickening.

liezryou

Because they'll release it on PC in 6-12 months and people will buy it again.

Double dippers. And SE prioritize Sony anyway due to their legacy relationship. FF12 did only come out on PS2 after all.

But isn't that like the 1%? How many people actually would double dip? Won't they lose more sales by not following the hype? I know i won't give a shit about a PC release a year after a brand new console release (Hi FFXV). Not in this day and age.

sensui-tomo

Its not a remake, its just an HD remaster of the original zodiac PS2 version. If it was an actual remake, then yes, we would probably expect more. But we'd also not see it this decade.

Its technically a new port/version as it has features that the zodiac version didnt have either. so it being just a HD remaster doesnt exactly word correctly but a remake totes isnt the word i'd use.

Inuhanyou

Ashe's VA in english was Aranea, so that already happened lol

Kari Wahlgren does a mean old timey voice when she's motivated.

I would have loved to see her take on a stereotypical british fantasy voice in her Arturia voice recordings

butalala

I wish that more FF were like this. Such an incredible game. Some of the best voice acting and music. I still listen to the soundtrack when I work.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Is it weird that I went from not liking this game much on release to thinking it's probably the greatest Final Fantasy ever made?

Aeana

Is it weird that I went from not liking this game much on release to thinking it's probably the great Final Fantasy every made?

I think a lot of people warmed up on it. Probably mainly a clash of expectations when it first came out.

duckroll

Sort of. I mean, it's not so much exclusivity as Square Enix enjoying a good relationship with Sony in terms of getting the perks of their games being given a spotlight on Sony marketing venues, and in some cases direct assistance with regional marketing, distribution, and localization.

Square Enix tends to like making first party deals when it benefits them. Or when they think it benefits them. Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox, getting Nintendo to help localize and publish Dragon Quest in the West, stuff like Bravely Default as well, etc.

My precioussssss. The facial animation is still so good.

Notice how Ashe is the main focus of the trailer, and not Vaan.

Someone at SE's marketing department knows what's what. Only way it could have been better is if they had focused on Balthier

I was pleasantly surprised at the Ashe focus! I'm going to have to write a love letter of thanks to Square's marketing department. If the original game's trailers/marketing were a bit more like this, there might have been a lot less Vaan backlash. Poor Vaan, ha.

Squishy3

They'd probably try to court Matsuno for a hypothetical XII remake and... that probably wouldn't go well, after what happened with the XII development specifically.

Getting him to work on a raid for XIV (and YoshiP said brush up on your Tactics lore so it's not XII Ivalice) would be completely different than working on a XII remake.

Top Bottom