• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will I be able to download Mario Kart 8 tonight at 12 Eastern time?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
yes. It actually released in Japan a little before midnight. I was downloading it ~23:45JST

I'm almost 100% certain that the answer is no but I can only speak for the United States. Every Switch game so far has released here at noon EST.

Crevox

Man, so many joke/non-straight answers...

Would like to know too to understand how Switch handles digital game releases.

Oxymoron

I'm almost 100% certain that the answer is no but I can only speak for the United States. Every Switch game so far has released here at noon EST.
Historically, on WiiU, the pattern is that first party games release at midnight and third party games release at noon.

Robin64

Nintendo's retail games are always midnight for their download. Japan and Australia both already showed this is still the case with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I know some people who have bought the digital code already from Amazon JP

I am almost 100% certain the answer is yes, seeing as it is already available on both the Japanese and Australian eshop. I'm downloading right now from the Japanese eshop.

J@hranimo

Banned
Serious answer: If it follows the same rules as the Wii U eShop did, it should go up at midnight Eastern Time of the release date.

This is to be expected of all major 1st party games.

Madao

you could already be playing MK8D through the JP eshop. also, it's the same version everyone gets.

REGION FREE FOLKS: THIS IS WHY WE WANTED REGION FREE.
one reason at least.

Anybody know how big it is? I decided to go digital since Amazon won't have a copy ready for tomorrow and I got a $50 gift card so I wanted to buy through there.

Top Bottom