• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Just finished watching season 1 with my mother and she loved it. Can't wait till season 2 comes out on Blu-Ray so I can re-watch it with her.

It's pretty interesting watching it again, I noticed and caught a lot of things that I missed first time through. They hinted at things that were going to happen in season 2 that as a non-book reader went completely over my head.

The biggest thing that I noticed this time through was that the assassin was in the season final, I had completely forgot about those minor (or what I thought at the time) characters by the time season 2 came out. Also, one of Dany's maids or w/e they're called talked about meeting a man who could change his face at will.

Sam also repeat the "one horn for raiders, two for wildlings, three for white-walkers" line in season 1 but Jon interrupted him before he talked about the white-walkers. Anyway, you know, cool little tid bits like that.

Lkr

i just finished watching season 2(finished season 1 earlier this week), and i just found the ending of it a bit underwhelming. season 1 was probably the best ten episode stretch i've seen of a television series. some interesting plot development was made in the beginning to middle of season 2 but it all just seemed to fall flat on its face by the end of the season. the fight scenes in episode 9 were awesome, i wish there had been a bit more. the finale just didn't feel like an epic end to the season like the first finale did. there was no real OH FUCK DID THAT JUST HAPPEN moment in the season, with the closest thing being the possibility that the stark boys had been killed. nothing even came close to the emotion when ned stark was killed in s1

Vlad

Not Jon killing Halfhand to join the Wildlings?

Eh, not really, since they telegraphed it in the previous episode. That, and Halfhand wasn't really a major character, unless he was around at some point in S1 that I'm forgetting.

On top of that, Jon's entire plotline in S2, much like Danerys', was entirely disconnected from the "main" plotline of the King's Landing/Stannis stuff, so there really wasn't much oomph to it for me at all.

I think the biggest "wow" moment was probably the wildfire explosion.

Just finished watching Season 2 and I was surprised by the amount of atmosphere, detail and epic scale of the battles. The CG was perfect for a fresh series like Game of Thrones, especially for one that is only just in its second season. I did miss some things that were present in the book but I feel that they showed plenty in the amount of time they had.

Tacitus_

So is there a reason we should know by now why white walkers only exist and come from dead bodies north of the wall?

We don't know. And White Walkers don't come from dead bodies. White Walkers are the dudes on the dead horses in the finale. You're confusing them with Wights, who are ice zombies in their service.

Kwhit10

So is there a reason we should know by now why white walkers only exist and come from dead bodies north of the wall?

We don't know where white walkers come from. But they are not the same as the dead bodies coming back to 'life'. Those are the wights, which seem to be controlled by the White Walkers (or Others).

C.Dark.DN

Banned
We don't know. And White Walkers don't come from dead bodies. White Walkers are the dudes on the dead horses in the finale. You're confusing them with Wights, who are ice zombies in their service.
So the White Walkers were trapped North of the Wall, and they've been building an army of ice zombies with dead wildlings (who chose to stay there to be free) and dead Night's Watch men?

Kwhit10

So the White Walkers were trapped North of the Wall, and they've been building an army of ice zombies with dead wildlings (who chose to stay there to be free) and dead Night's Watch men?

Apparently this is the first any living person has seen the White Walkers for thousands of years. But yes the wall was built a very long time ago to keep what ever is up there from reaching the seven kingdoms.

Tacitus_

Pretty much. Wildlings have started burning their dead to avoid them rising.

Vlad

That appears to be mostly it, although I don't know if the wildlings all really "chose" to stay up there. As far as I can recall, the show hasn't really gone into the history of the wall, but I had assumed that when the wall was put up, anybody who happened to be north of the wall was basically screwed, since they were now trapped up there with whatever the wall was put up to keep in the north. I think Osha even said as much when she was first introduced in the first season.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
That appears to be mostly it, although I don't know if the wildlings all really "chose" to stay up there. As far as I can recall, the show hasn't really gone into the history of the wall, but I had assumed that when the wall was put up, anybody who happened to be north of the wall was basically screwed, since they were now trapped up there with whatever the wall was put up to keep in the north. I think Osha even said as much when she was first introduced in the first season.
Why do the wildlings and Night's Watch men fight? Can't they just be like.. bro.. I wanna go to the other side?

Or do the wildlings have pride as freedom from a bunch of bickering slave kingdoms?

Raist

Banned
Not a close enough relation I'd say, a cousin wouldn't cut it.

844702_1317420874154_full.jpg

Massa

Why do the wildlings and Night's Watch men fight? Can't they just be like.. bro.. I wanna go to the other side?

Or do the wildlings have pride as freedom from a bunch of bickering slave kingdoms?

The wildlings don't follow the law, they go over the wall to loot, rape and sack.

That changes in season 2 when we learn they're organizing and plan to launch a massive attack south of the wall.

Rorschach

The wildlings don't follow the law, they go over the wall to loot, rape and sack.

That changes in season 2 when we learn they're organizing and plan to launch a massive attack south of the wall.

I dunno... the tribesmen get to live on the good side of the wall. The wildlings get a raw deal. They're treated like a completely different species, but they seem like just regular ol' humans.

There is now an offseason thread for the show.

We have done this due to the enormous discussion of the upcoming season(s).

The thread is probably not for most of the people in this thread, as it will contain plenty of book readers discussing the upcoming season, but spoilers have to be tagged in the thread, so if you are interested in new cast members and other information on the new season, that is the thread to go to.

Cyan

Banned
There is now an offseason thread for the show.

We have done this due to the enormous discussion of the upcoming season(s).

The thread is probably not for most of the people in this thread, as it will contain plenty of book readers discussing the upcoming season, but spoilers have to be tagged in the thread, so if you are interested in new cast members and other information on the new season, that is the thread to go to.

Thanks, but looks too dangerous.

Thanks, but looks too dangerous.
haha my exact reaction

plus, talking about the show will keep reminding me how long its out for

rather just forget about it for a while

Haha yeah it's probably for people that haven't read the books, but I thought I'd post it anyways.

If you're someone that is curious about new characters and such though, you could always just drop into the thread to check the OP, I will be updating with news and new cast members as that comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom