• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Ponn

Banned
Some guy at eurobricks forums is confirming that the next licensed minifigure series (after TLBM series 2 ans Series 18) is indeed Harry Potter themed.

Yippee! This would also lend credence in my book to that large D2C HP set rumor. Please be Moaning Myrtle's bathroom!

I may be out of the loop, but I was hoping they'd do a 40th anniversary series with updated versions of older iconic minifigs, Spacemen, Redbeard, Basil the Batlord, Johnny Thunder, Rock Raiders, Alpha team etc.

I don't think that would be out of the question still. They got in 3 CMF lines this year.

Series 18 is costume themed. Elephant guy, Tree guy, Brick boy and Brick girl are confirmed.

The Brick ones are probably for the anniversary celebration. There is no room for another commemorative series, there will be a TLM2 series as well.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Series 18 is costume themed. Elephant guy, Tree guy, Brick boy and Brick girl are confirmed.

The Brick ones are probably for the anniversary celebration. There is no room for another commemorative series, there will be a TLM2 series as well.

Nice, I like costume themed minifigures.

Potter series would be awesome for flesh heads. I'll raid those like crazy once they get clearanced out. Batman had too many weirdo figures that aren't useful for other things. I also hope for new versions of some rare or old, ugly figures like Luna and Mad-Eye.

I'll raid those like crazy once they get clearanced out.

I didn't see much clearance activity with the Disney series, that one just seemed to sell through because of the demand. I'd certainly expect Potter to disappear from shelves pretty damn quick.

It probably has a more rabid fanbase with a higher disposable income and an even more insane love of merchandise than even Disney does. (Will be buying the whole series).

Whose missing to do a LBM series 2?

Condiment King and Gentleman Ghost, but other than those two, I can't think of minifigs from the movie that haven't been released yet other than a billion new Batman costumes.

Oh yea, forgot about "Nightwing." I guess could be another one.

Edit: HAWKGIRL! Forgot about her! That would make it worth the entire package and would complete the Justice League now that John has an figure.

Pls Wonder Twins also

That 2 minute scene is ripe for amazing DC Minifigs

Whose missing to do a LBM series 2?

Condiment King and Gentleman Ghost, but other than those two, I can't think of minifigs from the movie that haven't been released yet other than a billion new Batman costumes.

Oh yea, forgot about "Nightwing." I guess could be another one.

Edit: HAWKGIRL! Forgot about her! That would make it worth the entire package and would complete the Justice League now that John has an figure.

Gentleman Ghost, Condiment King, Black Canary and Reggie Batman are confirmed. Egghead and El Dorado are on sets.

Seems that Jor-El and Zod are strongly hinted.

I would aso like to have the Wonder Twins, maybe Samurai.

Taisaijin

I just watched Jang's review of the Lightning Jet and it looks awesome! It's really strange with all the rods, but it looks like a Ikaruga fighter at the same time. I might even want to change the colours eventually.

Oh man, Ikaruga colorway would be hot. That review sold me as well, pretty cool stand / handle design, wooshability 8/10.

Gentleman Ghost, Condiment King, Black Canary and Reggie Batman are confirmed. Egghead and El Dorado are on sets.

Seems that Jor-El and Zod are strongly hinted.

I would aso like to have the Wonder Twins, maybe Samurai.

I'm in for Gentleman Ghost and Zod (and hopefully some other cool DC characters). There's a serious lack of non-Batman villain minifigures. Where's Black Adam, for example. Or Ocean Master. Or Solomon Grundy. Or Brainiac that doesn't cost a million dollars.

Of course given my past luck with Batman bags, I'll get Reggae Batman and Neon Pink Happy Dance Robin or something. The only two Batman bags I opened last time were Ballerina Batgirl and Catman :|

I ended up just buying Red Hood separately.

Taisaijin

Agree these will be commercially viable. Does this coincide with some other HP property release (that isn't Fantastic Beasts) ?

As for the D2C, how can this not be Hogwarts..

Agree these will be commercially viable. Does this coincide with some other HP property release (that isn't Fantastic Beasts) ?

As for the D2C, how can this not be Hogwarts..

Hogwarts Castle is the safest bet, since it will be in the next FB movie, so cross promotion. But I would also like an Hogwarts Express...

Ponn

Banned
You'll take your UCS Scabbers and like it.

Only if it polymorphs.

Oh shit I forgot about that costume themed CMF rumor. Well sorry Rob, at least you will probably get figs in the anniversary sets.

It also strikes me that I believe one of the Cafe Corner minifigs uses Hermione's hair, it'd be good to get that back in circulation.

Yeah, that was one of the more expensive parts to get to complete that set on Bricklink (I'm a perfectionist in this way, minifigs or nothing!)

I wonder if they'll use a different version of it, though, I wouldn't expect a new Hermione minifig to be the same as one already released - especially a CMF.

It also strikes me that I believe one of the Cafe Corner minifigs uses Hermione's hair, it'd be good to get that back in circulation.

Yeah, that was one of the more expensive parts to get to complete that set on Bricklink (I'm a perfectionist in this way, minifigs or nothing!)

I wonder if they'll use a different version of it, though, I wouldn't expect a new Hermione minifig to be the same as one already released - especially a CMF.

But there is already a Hermione in Lego Dimensions and she has a different hair:
https://brickset.com/sets/71348-1/Hermione-Granger

Can't wait for Komodo Dragon suit guy, duck suit guy and maybe Mosquito suit guy!!

Honey Badger, Blob Fish, Cockroach, ...
joking on those

Duck is a good one. Lots of good animals left. I think a ladybug would do well with female demographic.

Surprised they haven't done various cats and dogs. Could probably do a whole CMF series with different cats and dogs and sell well.

ghostmind

Regarding this Harry Potter CMF series, the source for this rumor is not reliable, so please take it with some large grains of salt until we get more confirmation.

Regarding this Harry Potter CMF series, the source for this rumor is not reliable, so please take it with some large grains of salt until we get more confirmation.

Thanks for the input, it is hard to tell who is really reliable.

I still think it makes sense, if not Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts.

LEGO BATH!

OJLoJuw.jpg

_Rob_

Oh shit I forgot about that costume themed CMF rumor. Well sorry Rob, at least you will probably get figs in the anniversary sets.

Darn... wait, what anniversary sets? Searching for it I can only find discussion of the Star Wars Anniversary line.

Osahi

Darn... wait, what anniversary sets? Searching for it I can only find discussion of the Star Wars Anniversary line.

There are rumours Lego is going to put out some sets to celebrate their anniversary (don't know which one, as they just turned 85 according to their Twitter, so the next celebratory one is in 15 years? :p)

EDIT: quick google: the 'modern' Lego Brick turns 60 next year, so that might be it.

Osahi

Did two Destiny's Bounty bags. Allready had some cool little techniques while only laying out the base. Feels like it's going to be smaller then anticipated, but I know there is a lot more coming to lengthen and widen the ship.

Tom_Cody

I believe its color is bright blue. There are many different print lower part of the minifigures in bright blue. If you want the plain one, it is number 9341.

Edited: this one https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=940&idColor=7&view=buy&ccName=9341#T=S&C=7&O={"color":7,"ss":"BR","cond":"N"}
Thanks for this. Now I just need to figure out who to buy from so I can combine the order with some other useful parts.

ghostmind

There are rumours Lego is going to put out some sets to celebrate their anniversary (don't know which one, as they just turned 85 according to their Twitter, so the next celebratory one is in 15 years? :p)

EDIT: quick google: the 'modern' Lego Brick turns 60 next year, so that might be it.

Yes, for the 60th anniversary. So far there will be 5 anniversary sets released, but no details yet on what they will be.

I'm also expecting a 60th anniversary D2C set, but that is just my line of thought, and not a confirmed rumor.

John Stewart's ship is stupid. He can fly through space and water anyway, he doesn't need a ship. And even if he did, he wouldn't make it look like something Hal Jordon designed.

Also why would his ship (that he doesn't need) need to turn into a submarine when he can just will himself up a better designed submarine when he needed it (which is never)

He should have gotten some kind of weapon like a tank, and not a vehicle for travel.

kapowza

indeed, green lantern sets should be like a big massive anvil or boxing glove made of see-through green bricks, not a vehicle they don't need.

Also it feels fragile and the cockpit glass is on backwards and it does something I hate where the cockpit glass doesn't snap closed all the way.

Probably just going to scrap it and throw the parts into my spare green pieces.

At least the figure is decent, although the legs look weird and I'm not a fan of Stewart's mini-afro. Which you can't remove because he has a face on the back

The book it came with is pretty fun though. Cute writing and some nice techniques and tutorials for making your own stuff. Also encourages kids to make their own figures out of bricks if they don't have the actual minifigure, which is a good thing to note in a book that uses Gorilla Grodd and Captain Cold, which are not from cheap sets (other than short legs Cold).

I only bought the book for the minifigure. Best lantern is best lantern

Also it feels fragile and the cockpit glass is on backwards and it does something I hate where the cockpit glass doesn't snap closed all the way.

Probably just going to scrap it and throw the parts into my spare green pieces.

At least the figure is decent, although the legs look weird and I'm not a fan of Stewart's mini-afro. Which you can't remove because he has a face on the back

The book it came with is pretty fun though. Cute writing and some nice techniques and tutorials for making your own stuff. Also encourages kids to make their own figures out of bricks if they don't have the actual minifigure, which is a good thing to note in a book that uses Gorilla Grodd and Captain Cold, which are not from cheap sets (other than short legs Cold).

I only bought the book for the minifigure. Best lantern is best lantern
I love that LEGO are doing a few non-movie DC sets this year. I'm hoping for a Oa set or something with Kyle and a few non-green Lanterns in the future. I'm actually surprised LEGO hasn't done a Bombshells set yet since it's so mega successful.

Rootbeer

Banned
I love that LEGO are doing a few non-movie DC sets this year. I'm hoping for a Oa set or something with Kyle and a few non-green Lanterns in the future. I'm actually surprised LEGO hasn't done a Bombshells set yet since it's so mega successful.

They need to give us a set with the new Superboy so I can have my Super Sons diorama :p

Haven't been able to find decent custom parts to emulate him yet, either. Or i'd settle for that. His torso is quite specific looking

They need to give us a set with the new Superboy so I can have my Super Sons diorama :p

Haven't been able to find decent custom parts to emulate him yet, either. Or i'd settle for that. His torso is quite specific looking

Yeah! Us getting Krypto in that Lobo set is at least a start in expanding the superfamily.

We have a somewhat good Damian figure from a set from like 2 years ago, right?

I want some more mini micro cars. Those figures are cool and the legs are in easy to buy colors for a full leg minifigure.

Cyborg vs Deathstroke
Green Lantern vs Sinestro
Solomon Grundy vs Dr Fate

Man, imagine a sort of modular set that you have to buy extensions to. You start with a Green Lantern set featuring figures, the central Green battery and a few other things. Then you can buy other sets for the other corps that you can combine with it to form a larger set. Then finish off with a White Lanterns vs Black Lanterns set with Kyle(and a extra White Lantern body for Sinestro) vs Black Hand and giant figure Nekron with the Black Lantern battery.

Rootbeer

Banned
I think the failure of the Green Lantern film is still a dark cloud over the possibility of any large-scale plans for Lanterns. I hope that will change though.

One set every couple years or so in the meantime, if we're lucky

I've totally bought both of the lantern-themed things they released (not counting convention exclusives) so far and will continue to.

It's disappointing because the lanterns are perfect for Lego

There's a billion of them with all unique designs and colors, and they all have the ability to make whatever they want for whatever purpose they want.

A GL set could include basically anything. As long as it's mostly green and you call it a construct, it generally works.

A minifig and a bag of transparent green bricks of various sizes could be an entire kit!

Top Bottom