• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars Community Thread

Seems like the 2nd trailer for SRWV got posted in chinese (?). The main thing to note here is that it, uh, doesn't use the songs from the shows for each attack, replacing them with what I think are original tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdDamNVsHJM

I... just hope that won't be a thing in the full game for the SEA version? Or if it is that they'll still allow custom BGM, lol. It'd be really lame if licensing issues made it so that we couldn't get the 'original' soundtrack :/

That would suck, especially since the Asian version of G Gen Genesis has the same soundtrack.

Loona

Which is historically stronger in these games. The TTGL or Ideon.

Has TTGL even been repped?

It still hurts that Ideon was left out of the SRW Z finale (it was there for the finales of the classic Alpha series, it made sense to me that it'd do the same in Z), but I guess Z was Gurren Laggan's time to shine.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Which is historically stronger in these games. The TTGL or Ideon.

Has TTGL even been repped?

TTGL gets game over, nothing bad happens.

Ideon gets game over, not only do you get a game over, you get a really weird secret bad ending.

Also Ideon is a mecha where you do not need to fully upgrade and still deal maximum damage. Hell wasn't it recommended not to upgrade Ideon at all?

Loona

TTGL gets game over, nothing bad happens.

Ideon gets game over, not only do you get a game over, you get a really weird secret bad ending.

Also Ideon is a mecha where you do not need to fully upgrade and still deal maximum damage. Hell wasn't it recommended not to upgrade Ideon at all?

Probably in one of the games (SRW F Final?) where it could go berserk and attack everyone indiscriminately, not to mention the liability that are his infinite range attacks.

Blue-kun

Some footage from the Taipei game show, with what I assume to be the first/second stage of SRW V.
Really liking the animations and the ridiculous scale of the sprites: Yamato takes up the entire screen LMAO.
I don't see as much shaky cam as in the last PV so hopefully they saw the light.

https://youtu.be/OHmUyqoxOfY

I was watching this again, they actually comment that they're using original BGMs over the stuff from the series due to licensing stuff. But it's not specified if it's just for this demo or if it'll be the same in the full game. Although considering the trailer also had original BGMs, I'm starting to get a wee bit worried here.

If they really can't secure the tracks for the final release and no custom BGM is in I might have to go with the JP version instead. Can't really picture myself playing it w/ a different soundtrack, lol.

Only because it needs to be at critical Health levels to be able to use the Ideon Gun. You still need to upgrade it for energy and damage.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Only because it needs to be at critical Health levels to be able to use the Ideon Gun. You still need to upgrade it for energy and damage.

but Ideon Gun/Sword is always 9999 (but from what I heard is actually 10000), and the EN is infinite

Probably in one of the games (SRW F Final?) where it could go berserk and attack everyone indiscriminately, not to mention the liability that are his infinite range attacks.

Ah right the Berserk mode. Glad they removed that in Alpha 3 lol

Official website updated.

AfoAThp.png
Name: Nine
A girl who goes along with Chitose and Souji. She is closely related to the Anti-Alien Prototype Mobile Weapon Vangrey's OS "System 99".

Under Factory menu, there's TAC Customize (similar to Z Crystal; and also seems to be related to Nine), which allows you to spend TacP to upgrade. You can select one overpowered option from each grade.

Grade 1 options:
SP Arise - increase SP recovery amount to 8 (from 5) at start of ally phase each turn
Repair Arise - recover 10% of max HP and EN at start of ally phase each turn. Stacks additively with HP/EN recovery Special Abilities
Force Arise - All ally pilots morale +2 at start of ally phase each turn.

Also under Factory menu, there's Purchase submenu, where you can use TacP to buy Enhancement Parts. Some purchase-able Enhancement Parts will be added upon clearing certain requirements. Recommended products will change each scenario (aka mission). You can also sell Enhancement Parts to gain TacP.

Shouta

I was about to say Goth Loli but we kinda got one already,
Goth old woman, I mean
. The Banpresto Originals for this game are definitely not standard at all.

Tsukumo

I was about to say Goth Loli but we kinda got one already,
Goth old woman, I mean
. The Banpresto Originals for this game are definitely not standard at all.

there's also the girl from Z2. Don't remember her name, the Firebug team leader.

I was watching this again, they actually comment that they're using original BGMs over the stuff from the series due to licensing stuff. But it's not specified if it's just for this demo or if it'll be the same in the full game. Although considering the trailer also had original BGMs, I'm starting to get a wee bit worried here.

If they really can't secure the tracks for the final release and no custom BGM is in I might have to go with the JP version instead. Can't really picture myself playing it w/ a different soundtrack, lol.

Oh this is worrying for me. :( I really hope we get the same music as the Japanese version.

Rymuth

Decided to give Divine Wars a second chance after finishing the Inspector...it's actually...pretty darn good!

I mean, yeah, the animation quality is terribad but the character beats are still there and they're a lot of fun.

I should be pretty caught up by the time I resume Moon Dwellers.

Don't know why i get Danganronpa vibes from that new OG character hahah

The asia version of V releases at the same date that the japanese one or later?

squall23

Decided to give Divine Wars a second chance after finishing the Inspector...it's actually...pretty darn good!

I mean, yeah, the animation quality is terribad but the character beats are still there and they're a lot of fun.

I should be pretty caught up by the time I resume Moon Dwellers.
At the very least, DW has great orchestral remixes of the songs, and the best version of Time Diver.

Rymuth

So I'm at stage 15 in Moon Dwellers and I haven't touched the pilot upgrades yet. I'm used to upgrading my mechs in SRW games because that's what I could garner from my limited understanding of the Japanese menus

But now that I'm swamped by abilities *and* skills, the overload of information is making me paralyzed and too afraid to even touch them lest I screw up the builds.

1) What abilities should I buy? What skills do I upgrade?

2) Who are the 'healers' of this game? I'm used to the 3rd rate characters like Fa from Zeta being healers but I'm not sure who fills this role in the OG crew.

Leezard

So I'm at stage 15 in Moon Dwellers and I haven't touched the pilot upgrades yet. I'm used to upgrading my mechs in SRW games because that's what I could garner from my limited understanding of the Japanese menus

But now that I'm swamped by abilities *and* skills, the overload of information is making me paralyzed and too afraid to even touch them lest I screw up the builds.

1) What abilities should I buy? What skills do I upgrade?

2) Who are the 'healers' of this game? I'm used to the 3rd rate characters like Fa from Zeta being healers but I'm not sure who fills this role in the OG crew.

1. I've let my boss killer pilots get the Will Limit Break skill, to further boost their damage. I'm thinking of letting my designated boss-killer sub-pilots get that skill that reduces the sub-mech penalty since I think the penalty still happens in Maximum Break attacks. After getting one expensive skill I'm usually just putting any extra PP into the main attack stat for that character.
Sub-pilots should get SP+ or meditate to let them use more spirit commands.

If you're thinking of the equippable abilitties I'd mostly buy the ones with Range+, Movement+, and the ones with extra damage. You'll get tons of evasion+ and hit+ anyway. Repair+ can be nice for the Excellence Rescue. Abilities aren't a huge deal though. Just make super robots more tanky and real robots more mobile as usual.

2. For spirit command healing: Russel, Radha, and usually there's always one healer in any crew of 3 pilots. One of the subpilots in the Hagane and one in Hiryu Kai, one in the Excellence Rescue crew. Even if they don't know Trust in the beginning they usually learn it with a couple of levels. You can equip many mechs with the optional weapon repair kit so they can repair other mechs with a command. The Hagane and Hiryu Kai are decent candidates for some repairing, and the Excellence Rescue comes with in-built repair kits and ranged repair so it's great.

Shouta

The Asian version from an import store probably is the cheapest way to get it. If they do used games, it might be even faster? Digital Download is still full price and amazon only ships new games overseas so you'd pay full price in either case.

Leezard

I imported the physical version from play-asia, but due to import fees in my country it would have been cheaper to just buy it digitally.

This is why I'm buying SRW V digitally at least.

Tsukumo

Super Robot Wars V site updated info about the BGM edit option in the game's menu.

- reads only MP3 files.
- needs to be in a folder (usb or HDD storage) called SRW music.
- you can substitute both the bgm during the fights and the ones during the intermissions.

Sounds like a dream come true for me, but really don't understand the reason of the Premium Edition now. I'm tempted to support the game in any way I can, but Switch, Horizon and Andromeda are going to clear me out...
What do?

edit: forgot. Link
http://srw-v.suparobo.jp/system/09.php

killatopak

Gold Member
Super Robot Wars V site updated info about the BGM edit option in the game's menu.

- reads only MP3 files.
- needs to be in a folder (usb or HDD storage) called SRW music.
- you can substitute both the bgm during the fights and the ones during the intermissions.

Sounds like a dream come true for me, but really don't understand the reason of the Premium Edition now. I'm tempted to support the game in any way I can, but Switch, Horizon and Andromeda are going to clear me out...
What do?

edit: forgot. Link
http://srw-v.suparobo.jp/system/09.php

holy shit yes.

squall23

Guess the rumour was correct afterall.
What do?
Because supposedly only Japan gets the premium sound version. The translated versions wouldn't have a choice if not for this.

muteki

Huh.

May get game sooner and in english now.

Edit: yeah, looks like this will be my first home console, english version. Probably ancient news but nice to see they aren't blocking remote play like GGG.

Tsukumo

Super Robot Wars V download is 6 gigs+ on PSN.
Famitsu review said the game gives 50 hours of content (50 stages, in Famitsu lingo).
OG Moondwellers was 12 gigs+ and 45/46 stages...
Current size is one gigs over Jigoku and Tengoku, so people on 2chan are saying either it's because of the re-used assets or there's going to be some massive day one patch.

squall23

Super Robot Wars V download is 6 gigs+ on PSN.
Famitsu review said the game gives 50 hours of content (50 stages, in Famitsu lingo).
OG Moondwellers was 12 gigs+ and 45/46 stages...
Current size is one gigs over Jigoku and Tengoku, so people on 2chan are saying either it's because of the re-used assets or there's going to be some massive day one patch.
Or the PS4 version could just be a big up port of the Vita version. There's no evidence as to which version is the base version, but going from Vita to PS4 is probably cheaper than the other way around.

killatopak

Gold Member
Or the PS4 version could just be a big up port of the Vita version. There's no evidence as to which version is the base version, but going from Vita to PS4 is probably cheaper than the other way around.

PS4 is probably the base. Compressing assets so they could fit the Vita rather than stretching it is a lot more easier than the other way around. If they made the Vita the base then you would see aliasing and blurriness.

It's also what they did in Jigoku/Tengoku.

Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't preordered SRWV yet. There's a coupon code at Play Asia that takes $3 off the price. The standard $5 off coupons that are always floating around don't work since the PS4 version if $59.99 and the price threshold for that is $60.

2DLOVE17

It expires on the 20th and is good for preorders.

Top Bottom