• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Would Best Buy even combine orders, or will they ship out stuff that's out the same day separately & still charge you shipping? I have the 3 SSB + Bayo1 pre-ordered, but I'm betting now that I can't get Young Link, they're gonna charge me for shipping since I'm trying to order it by itself.

BorntoPlay

i got cancelled twice from bestbuy because they cant verify my information, i hate store exclusivity...
LLShC.gif

RootCause

i got cancelled twice from bestbuy because they cant verify my information, i hate store exclusivity...
LLShC.gif
They canceled my FE double pack for the same reason. I was able to get it elsewhere, so no biggie.
Though I feel like my MM, and Bayonetta amiibo are going to fail the verification too. :(

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
So I'm guessing the Callie and Marie amiibo are pretty much impossible to find now?

So many amiibo I regret sleeping on simply because I didn't want to drop the cash on 'em at the time. Bah.

Honestly kinda thinking of selling off my Smash series (with the exception of a few favorites) and keeping the smaller sets (Mario Series, Splatoon Series...maybe pick up the Kirby ones as well.)

Chorazin

So I'm guessing the Callie and Marie amiibo are pretty much impossible to find now?

So many amiibo I regret sleeping on simply because I didn't want to drop the cash on 'em at the time. Bah.

Honestly kinda thinking of selling off my Smash series (with the exception of a few favorites) and keeping the smaller sets (Mario Series, Splatoon Series...maybe pick up the Kirby ones as well.)

They're easily obtainable, I see them everywhere. Just hit up a TRU and you'll find them.

Hey, if you decide to cash out on your Smash ones, let me know. That's the only set I'm missing a few from to complete my collection of all of them.

RedBoot

^ also seeing warped swords to swords that actually stayed straight lol

True, though my Celica's isn't perfect either. :p Ike's is pretty abysmal, but it's not like I ever had a chance to pick one out of a batch (ordered it from Europe, never actually seen an Ike on store shelves).

Lucina's is straight though, got lucky there. And Roy avoids the problem altogether.

Jawmuncher

Was thinking about if they do a smash lineup again for smash Switch. I think I'll be staying away from dupes (even if they have different poses) and just getting ones I missed the first time.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I often see Robins at my local GameStop. Do you want me to check for one for you? I can't recall if I've seen many Roys there, but I could check for him too.

Nah, it's good. Amiibo purchases are the last thing I really need to be doing at the moment.

I appreciate the offer though.

Nabbed a Boo over the weekend here and then went on a little trip with my family and grabbed an Summer Isabelle at a TRU pretty far from my normal area. I decided to bite the bullet and grab myself a Rathian amiibo from amazon as they were on sale the other day. I figured I'd just wait until they announce they're coming over here.

Hey I was just checking back too on my Amazon orders and...I never got the 20% off on the Fire Emblem amiibo set. Did that not count for the Prime deal or did they discontinue that with amiibo? I heard come conflicting reports and reddit was saying to send them a message about it...did anyone get the deal or talk to Amazon about it?

Enthus

I'm just thankful they didn't make it yellow or purple or something.

Has Nintendo stopped doing that recently? I don't keep up with most Amiibo news, except for the Smash series. I'm kind of considering modding some like SSB Link to not have the ugly stand.

A collectors best case scenario would be reprints of the old ones and new ones based on secondary character (like male Wii fit trainer) and newcomers

I could definitely see this being the case, especially if the Amiibo space at retailers continues to get smaller. Reprint popular characters, and make limited runs or exclusives of stuff like the Koopalings and Hoodie-Mac. Collectors are sure to buy them, just don't overproduce them.

Yarbskoo

Has Nintendo stopped doing that recently? I don't keep up with most Amiibo news, except for the Smash series. I'm kind of considering modding some like SSB Link to not have the ugly stand.

It's probably been years since we had an amiibo with an arbitrarily colored stand, but I'm not going to let Nintendo off the hook for it just yet. I don't know what they were thinking.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
According to Cheap Ass Gamer, Amazon Prime no longer allows the 20% discount on Collector's/Limited Editions & Toys to Life.

......meaning, there's most likely no more 20% discounts on amiibo now....

zigg

According to Cheap Ass Gamer, Amazon Prime no longer allows the 20% discount on Collector's/Limited Editions & Toys to Life.

GCU still has 20% off LEs and amiibo, with no time limit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I'll probably just order from Best Buy more often, I just preferred Amazon for LEs because of Prime & the fact I could add any additional gift cards to help lower the price, where as with BB, once you place the order, you can't really change anything, including adding gift cards.

Although this'll make Amazon exclusives a bit of a bummer now. Did they ever even put up their exclusive Player 2 SSB amiibo (female Corrin, right)?

Velcro Fly

Well I guess the last amiibo I'll ever order from Amazon are the two Corrins whenever they go up.

Hopefully this means they go up before release day.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Did CAG see my topic and create a GAF > Internet > GAF? :p

Edit: Nope that guy beat me I guess.
Edit2: Oh wait, maybe... Timestamps are off for me. (I'm just amused :x)

Azerare

Aww... Saw i missed that majoras mask amiibo...again. It'll probably be the only one i'd actually pay more than MSRP...

crimnos

Welp. Glad I went to GCU when I did. Looks like they get all my amiibo and LE purchases.

LiK

BB has better packaging for LEs anyway. Amazon still sends their LE shit in bubble mailers while BB uses actual boxes.

Credo

BB has better packaging for LEs anyway. Amazon still sends their LE shit in bubble mailers while BB uses actual boxes.

While Best Buy has been better about that for me overall, they sent me the Tekken 7 steelbook case in an envelope today, and it was literally cracked in half.

I'd actually pay a premium for a company to treat my limited/collector's editions with care like they should.

Top Bottom