• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Only thing that makes sense to me is Ronnie. Killer Frost changed her mind immediately after seeing who it was. Ronnie might get that reaction...maybe? His death was ambiguous enough that'll probably be something like he was thrown into the speed force and felt abandoned by Team Flash. Who knows with motivation, I'm not exactly clear what Savitar is even doing.

Savitar is future Caitlin. Barry traps her in the Speed Force to avoid having to kill her as Killer Frost, things get way worse.

(Haven't watched last night's episode yet- we just cord cut and are working on boosting the antenna to get a reliable CW signal)

GulAtiCa

Maybe Savitar isn't evil. He just really hates Barry. Because he is Barry! dun dun, dun dun dun...

Seriously, Barry is a damn asshole / idiot / etc..

I'm just salty they did our boy, Mirror Master, wrong. Budget and time constraints, sure, but Mirror Master is deduced to this random ass looking dude lol.

As for the Savitar reveal..... Some people should have seen this coming. His/her's identity will not be revealed to us until the last episodes. Whatever they do, it won't satisfy me but the reactions will be glorious.

Savitar is actually the voice actor who voices Savitar, Tobin Bell.

strafer

I'm just salty they did our boy, Mirror Master, wrong. Budget and time constraints, sure, but Mirror Master is deduced to this random ass looking dude lol.

As for the Savitar reveal..... Some people should have seen this coming. His/her's identity will not be revealed to us until the last episodes. Whatever they do, it won't satisfy me but the reactions will be glorious.

Savitar is actually the voice actor who voices Savitar, Tobin Bell.

Hey Barry, I would like to play a game.

abundant

I'll be surprised if his identity is not revealed next week. The promo literally says "
His Identity Is Finally Unmasked
".

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh it was nice that they treated Julian as a member of the team. He one of the people brought back as part of the team. Yay, he's permanent. But...

Tom Felton's status on the show seems really weird. He was originally announced as a series regular, now he's credited as 'special appearance by', a relatively rare credit to get. Ed Hermann had it in Gilmore Girls, which was a nice vanity title and he was actually a regular but Felton isn't credited if he's not in an episode which is usually the case with regulars. Of course there's also pretty rare deals where regulars don't get credited if they're not in an episodes, which Smallville did with Allison Mack. I mean he could have a really whacky contract? Also at his panel with Gustin he didn't seem to know if he was back for S4, but he was talking jokingly. He's also credited as a normal cast member in synopses, but those are notoriously inaccurate (Maggie has been credited as a Guest Star on Supergirl multiple times). It's a strange case.

In any case, we have now deduced that Savitar is somebody that Caitlin Snow recognizes and will do anything for. That brings us to Ronnie, Jay (Zolomon), Barry, Patty, Iris, Julian, or another Wells.

Let the crazy speculation games begin..... Again 📣

caliph95

I got punched for saying maybe we should locked up and exterminate a bunch of people:
6bc.jpg

Lol, y'all are good people.

It's going to be a season arc down the line and we all know it. Nearly everything involving superheroes and villains has done it once or multiple times in their medium of choice. I just hope they can do it better than Heroes did (which isn't such a high bar tbh).

Magwik

Banned
By the way remember when Savitar said that soon he will be born
How does the work and future Barry doesn't know who he is?

Magwik

Banned
And Savitar said he'd find out soon. Maybe Future Barry lied.
Unless Savitar is from the timeline where Barry goes to see future Barry and uses the button to find who Savitar is.

God this is confusing. I'll have to make a detailed post about it later

Xexros

Banned
Is anyone else bothered by Wally being faster than Barry? Seriously. Wally sucks. Barry's not even the strongest person on his own team and show? Cmon....

Toa TAK

Banned
Is anyone else bothered by Wally being faster than Barry? Seriously. Wally sucks. Barry's not even the strongest person on his own team and show? Cmon....

But wasn't Wally always faster than Barry in the comics as well?

Besides, I gotta give mah boy something.

Nope. Wally is supposed to be faster than everybody else. His character on the show isn't up to par, but speed-wise he is definitely (and should be) faster than Barry.

Xexros

Banned
Nope. Wally is supposed to be faster than everybody else. His character on the show isn't up to par, but speed-wise he is definitely (and should be) faster than Barry.

I don't follow the comics so I'm ignorant. I just don't understand how Barry can basically be the speed force or have better control of it yet at the same be slower :/

Toa TAK

Banned
I don't follow the comics so I'm ignorant. I just don't understand how Barry can basically be the speed force or have better control of it yet at the same be slower :/

It's Barry Allen. The dude who holds 2 Ls

Are you really surprised?

"I'm Barry Allen, and I'm the slowest speedster alive"

sirap

1. DCTV Barry is an idiot.

2. Comic Wally West got faster and rose to fame during a period when Barry Allen was gone/dead/speedforce juice. It's not really clear who's the fastest post-rebirth but the differences aren't really that big imo.

3. I think the TV lore-friendly explanation is that Wally gained his powers after years of Barry powering the speedforce. Therefore he started at a higher base than Barry did, and his addiction to speed + all that training for Savitar boosted him up quite a bit.

That said, it still doesn't explain what happened to all the speed roids Barry gained when he had the tachyon device. He needs to slap that shit on his chest again.

kurahador

Remember when we found out fairly early that Wells was up to shady shit? Remember how good that season was?

They need to bring that kind of dynamic back. Like next season, have some meta who can transform into anyone (and their powers) secretly replace Barry without anyone knowing --- he'll bond with everyone, being the Flash, married to Iris in mid season finale and almost impregnate her (maybe?).

All season long we'll be wondering what his endgames are, all the while committing heinous act behind the scene while being the Flash.

Xexros

Banned
1. DCTV Barry is an idiot.

2. Comic Wally West got faster and rose to fame during a period when Barry Allen was gone/dead/speedforce juice. It's not really clear who's the fastest post-rebirth but the differences aren't really that big imo.

3. I think the TV lore-friendly explanation is that Wally gained his powers after years of Barry powering the speedforce. Therefore he started at a higher base than Barry did, and his addiction to speed + all that training for Savitar boosted him up quite a bit.

That said, it still doesn't explain what happened to all the speed roids Barry gained when he had the tachyon device. He needs to slap that shit on his chest again.

Interesting. Maybe I'm just frustrated at the writing on the show. I don't like the explanation for point 3 but whatever. I just don't know why they feel the need to make Barry hold Ls and job all the time... thanks for the responses anyways guys.

Barry knows how to use the Speed Force better but his speeds have been reduced because "reasons". Wally is sort of the opposite in that he knows how to use the Speed Force yet he can also manipulate it to achieve better speeds. For the tv show, they have made this Barry a combination of comics Barry and Wally.

Think of Barry like a battery. Sure the battery itself is strong and lasts long but there are equipment out there than can use the battery better. While there are also items out there than can also allow the battery to achieve more than what was possible. That's basically Wally. It can also be argued that Barry sees more in Wally and he allows Wally to use the Speed Force more to get better speeds compared to the other good Speedsters.

As we can see right now, Wally is just faster than Barry. He doesn't have the other abilities that Barry or Jesse has. He can't phase and vibrate as good as Barry, he can't form vortexes/tornadoes, he can't throw lightning, he can't time travel, he can't form mirages. Down the line Wally will develop these abilities by doing a variety of garbage side missions such as:

Gathering speedster flags spread throughout Central City
Stopping a number of bank robberies
Achieving better top speeds checkpoints spread throughout Central City
Achieving bronze, silver, or gold in circuit races throughout Central City

sirap

Interesting. Maybe I'm just frustrated at the writing on the show. I don't like the explanation for point 3 but whatever. I just don't know why they feel the need to make Barry hold Ls and job all the time... thanks for the responses anyways guys.

To be fair I could be totally wrong as the whole thing is purely conjecture based on what H.R said to Wally during their training sessions ("you're faster than Barry when he was at this stage of his career" etc)

But yeah, Barry really is suffering from being the main protagonist of the show. No one really gives a shit if Wally/Jesse loses or gets depowered so the writers are forced to pile everything on Barry.

Billfisto

Barry's plan to take on Mirror Master and Top was "take one hesitant normal-speed step forward, then freak out when they use their powers you know they have on you", and it went about as predictably as you'd expect.

Barry's slow because he has absolutely no intellectual interest in his powers. He does the barest minimum, and only really ramps it up when somebody tells him to do so.

If I had his powers, I'd be all like "All right! Let's see what I can do with this!"

caliph95

Barry's plan to take on Mirror Master and Top was "take one hesitant normal-speed step forward, then freak out when they use their powers you know they have on you", and it went about as predictably as you'd expect.

Barry's slow because he has absolutely no intellectual interest in his powers. He does the barest minimum, and only really ramps it up when somebody tells him to do so.

If I had his powers, I'd be all like "All right! Let's see what I can do with this!"
I would just speed blitz all the enemies 99% of the villains can be solved by just punching them hard enough, i know that should kill them but it not like speedforce makes sense
images

Savitar is future HR. You don't stop a man's threesome and expect no repercussions.

Code:
[IMG]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/933/399/c88.jpg[/IMG]

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
How I yearn for an HBO Flash show where Barry tests the limits of his Speedforce enhanced refractory period.

sirap

That's the real problem with Flash isn't it? The writers copped out of writing intriguing battles by having Barry treat his speed as something binary. He views it as something that needs to turn on and off in every encounter and it sucks that every fight comes down to "will Barry be an idiot and stand still?"

A real Flash should be a speedster who lives and breathes the Speedforce. This is why my favorite depiction of Flash is Kingdom Come's Wally West.

Look at that mofo. You can't even call him Wally anymore...he's pretty much the physical embodiment of the Speedforce. A god-like amalgamation of Jay, Barry and Wally. He's so fast he literally can't stop moving.

imo it's what made the first few appearances of Reverse Flash so terrifying. He seemed like a man so fast he existed on a different plane.

nOoblet16

Uh...Another episode where they start with "Who is Savitar?" but don't actually show it. Just stop ! Don't keep teasing it if you're going to keep pushing it to the next episode...Especially after having done so for a while (made worse by the month long gap).

The episode itself was kind of shit as well, he goes into the future learns how to trap Savitar but that's about it. Put in 1-2 filler villains who for some reason can overpower Flash because he didn't do the one thing he is suppose a to do i.em be fast. Pack it up in an episode and call it a day.

The reason this identity thing is annoying is solely because they have played it up so much, if Savitar was just some weird dude with power that'd be enough but since they probably want character development and story behind it they want to give him an identity. Except the problem with that is whoever it turns out to be, will become a completely different person next episode. You guys remember with evil Wells? We practically found out he was Reverse Flash early on, we saw his motivations and reasonings over an entire season rather than 1-2 episodes. We also saw that he wasn't evil Wells one second and good Wells the other but rather he was always a combination of both due to the nature of his relationship with the other cast. Like that scene where he kills Cisco, you think it would have been as good or better if his identity was revealed in that episode and he then kills Cisco? That's be a big difference in characterisation which they could have explained with "oh but he was acting all along" like they did with Zoloman. But we wouldn't have known that he actually meant it when he said Cisco is like a son to him because even before those episodes we knew he was the villain yet we also knew that he did care at some level.

TVexperto

I thought HR Wells is a fugitive? Thats why he has to use that face gadget to hide his face on earth 1 ?! Why is his face and name on book covers now?! that bothers me so much and please dont say speedforce

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's been 7 years. The world is probably familiar with interdimensional travel by then.

nOoblet16

While everybody is enjoying Killer Frost i can't just rolling my eyes of the whole Killer Frost having no real motivation and how we got here

Also emo barry is the worst

Did like the confrontation with Top and MM even with barry being an idiot pls HR is the best
I wish someone would just stop everyone during a scene in the show and ask her (the present her) "But why are you trying to kill us?"

Joni

I thought HR Wells is a fugitive? Thats why he has to use that face gadget to hide his face on earth 1 ?! Why is his face and name on book covers now?! that bothers me so much and please dont say speedforce

You have now put more thought into this than the writers. It was a joke for them.

Volimar

So, I'm going to spoiler tag this though it deals with a character mentioned in the latest episode.

Super cute teacher from the Magicians and also something about House alum Anne Dudek will be playing the physicist that helped Barry make the speedforce cell, Tracy Brand. Super excited over this because she is excellent and I can't wait to see her being all quirky.

Top Bottom