• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

deanote666

Isn't that just for the Adventurer? Has anyone seen the Adventurer show up in any quest outside of that event?

I'm seriously asking, I haven't logged much time on Union Cross yet.

Lots of adventurer right now.

Gotten some of the "bonus 15min" medals regularly but I guess it's the ones in both pools.

Psxphile

Ground enemy DEF -60% for every good attack medal, always. There are a shitload more ground enemies vs. airborne, it's just good sense.

Typically, you'd want to prioritize these based on their attribute:

Power - half & half
Magic - mostly Ground Enemy Defense -60%
Speed - mostly Air Enemy Defense -60%

You'd want at least two Attack medals of each attribute to carry the non-optimal trait, though.

deanote666

The only time I choose between ground and aerial def -60% is when extra attack is involved. That's only happened to me once or twice.

Otherwise, I keep both ground and aerial .

Only 8 more dwarfs to go and I'm free!

Edit: I'm free! Now back to tier 15 in the coliseum.

lol I used all my free 100 medal slots on the farmable medals already. I sadly don't have enough evolving stuff... so going to need to wait until the end of the week before doing more.

Famassu

Since we're on this:

DEF -60% or a second STR +1000?
Always def -60% over STR+1000. Always. Doesn't matter which kind. If the choice is between the two, then it's always def -60%. You really don't do jack shit with STR+1000. The kind of enemies it's even somewhat useful against are the kind of enemies that you could probably kill without STR+1000 and STR+1000 doesn't do anything against the really tough enemies that have defense up the wazoo. Def-60% means you don't even have to debuff enemies defenses all that much to be able to do crazy damage even to enemies with lvls in the several hundreds.

It gets trickier if you have to choose between the two -60% def traits. At that point you really have to think about your whole medal collection & what kind of medal it is. As has been pointed out, the ratio of ground & air enemies differs a bit between speed, power & magic so that comes into question especially if you don't have all that many medals with such traits, so you should have the one that most often helps you. But then... you'll still want to have both ground & air -60% medals for ALL colours in the long run because there will be situations where they'll come in handy.

That said, for the medals for which it really matters, it's not like you'll necessarily have to choose since they'll be rare and have two or more trait slots anyways, so there's room for both if you're ever so lucky to pull multiples AND get both -60% traits. Probably only ever relevant with tier4+ buffers if they only have two slots and you really want to keep Extra Attack as one (if you've had such luck to get it).

deanote666

How often are moon gems released in JP? They seem to be taking their time in global...

Anyone think we'll get more proud missions later this month?

My Missing Ache is "aching" for power.

Skittles

How often are moon gems released in JP? They seem to be taking their time in global...

Anyone think we'll get more proud missions later this month?

My Missing Ache is "aching" for power.
From what I remember moon gems were once a month in the coli event for a bit. Then they trickled into HSCs and other stuff.

For people who plan on pulling a foreteller.
Who do you plan on pulling and why?

I'm pretty sure I'm pulling for Ava for her turtle ability. but I might pull for Ira instead for the upright ability. Although if I can somehow pull Kairi Ex, I won't need it.

On a unrelated note. I wonder when the first reverse buff medal will come. I bet it will be something like ill Xemnas or ill Master Xehanort.

I'm pretty sure I'm pulling for Ava for her turtle ability. but I might pull for Ira instead for the upright ability. Although if I can somehow pull Kairi Ex, I won't need it.

On a unrelated note. I wonder when the first reverse buff medal will come. I bet it will be something like ill Xemnas or ill Master Xehanort.

We already have iXemnas, though...

Lnds500

Depends on what you have. Ira would fit in my Treasure Trove keyblade perfectly but Ava is amazing for turtling, as you said. I am more inclined towards ava right now.

We already have iXemnas, though...

Oh woops. Silly me. lol

KA11, no?
Huh? I mean reverse buff type because so far we only have Kairi Ex and Ira who are the only medals that give upright buffs. No medals with reverse buffs yet.

Depends on what you have. Ira would fit in my Treasure Trove keyblade perfectly but Ava is amazing for turtling, as you said. I am more inclined towards ava right now.

Ava is hands down the best medal if people get a copy of Kairi Ex since Kairi Ex will give all the buffers and debuffers that the other medals do. And Kairi doesn't give defense buffers.
However without Kairi Ex, Ira looks pretty good as well.

NKnight7

Neo Member
I'm expecting a Xemnas EX or maybe Master Xehanort EX medal to give out the first reverse buff. My dream is if say it's Xemnas EX his theme from the series, Disappeared, is the music that plays when shared. That alone would be enough to tempt me to pull for him since I love that the game lets you change the main home screen music depending on certain medals.

I'm expecting a Xemnas EX or maybe Master Xehanort EX medal to give out the first reverse buff. My dream is if say it's Xemnas EX his theme from the series, Disappeared, is the music that plays when shared. That alone would be enough to tempt me to pull for him since I love that the game lets you change the main home screen music depending on certain medals.

"Darkness of the Unknown"? That's with Sora&Riku Ex. Although it's for the Final Xemnas version of the song.
They could always give Xemnas EX "Armored Xemnas 1" or "2" for his.

One of my favorite songs in the series as well.

Also tomorrow is the 13th in Japan. So we might see if they start a 'C' series for organization or whatever they have planned. They already did a small reprint of them during the anniversary.

NKnight7

Neo Member
"Darkness of the Unknown"? That's with Sora&Riku Ex. Although it's for the Final Xemnas version of the song.
They could always give Xemnas EX "Armored Xemnas 1" or "2" for his.

One of my favorite songs in the series as well.

Also tomorrow is the 13th in Japan. So we might see if they start a 'C' series for organization or whatever they have planned. They already did a small reprint of them during the anniversary.

No, it's the theme that plays in Xemnas' secret boss fight in KH1, and then the first fight against him in KH2 with just Sora. One of my favorite themes from the series. I'm disappointed I missed out on Sora&Riku EX in the JP version.

I currently have 22600 jewels. I have 210 storage. I've been having trouble with managing storage due to stocking on cross event medals and pull medals for guilting.

How much, if any, should I spend on storage? Or should I just save for future pulls?

Famassu

I currently have 22600 jewels. I have 210 storage. I've been having trouble with managing storage due to stocking on cross event medals and pull medals for guilting.

How much, if any, should I spend on storage? Or should I just save for future pulls?
If you absolutely need space for something and don't want to sell medals, buy 2-3 expansions or the absolute minimum you need if you must, but generally try to save jewels for storage expansion for whenever they have periods of offering more space for half the jewel price.

There hasn't been one in a while so I imagine they might be offering cheaper storage sometime in the next 1-2 months. Try to hang on until then without spending much on storage and then go crazy and get your storage up to, like, 500-600 at once. That's been the sweet spot for me. I only have to worry about storage space if there's some stupid event where you have to use 5000 event medals to level up one event medal from 1* to 6*.

Falk

that puzzling face
Taking advantage of 0AP to start making headway on catching up with at least normal story mode.

Got from #500 to #525 and I already hate myself.

deanote666

I think my grave in the coliseum will be around round 400 in tier 15.

Finally having to start using nova on the white chocolate statue at level 1899... My nova level 1361 should keep me going for a bit until around round 400 or so.

Edit: moved some medals around and no longer need to use my nova on it for now.

The recent HSC challenge, made me think.
I wonder how horrible HSC will be once upright buffs finally come.

Kairi Ex really is going to be a game changer.

I'd be super set if I got her because of HD Namine.

deanote666

I kind of feel bad for the twitter guy.

People are complaining that the event medals are worthless but they don't realize they're free nova levels not behind a pay wall.

People are complaining that the event medals are worthless but they don't realize they're free nova levels not behind a pay wall.

Of all the legit things to complain about in this game....they chose THAT!? Why not bitch about HSC structure, or having everything behind a leaderboard, etc?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

The only one I didn't already have max guilt was Judy & Nick (only 5p) and I rolled 45% on my first try. I just threw 5 mirrors on it because I didn't want to bother with it. It's nice to get 6 free nova levels though.

deanote666

Of all the legit things to complain about in this game....they chose THAT!? Why not bitch about HSC structure, or having everything behind a leaderboard, etc?

They did attack the HSC tweet too.
https://twitter.com/kh_ux_na/status/917453508386816000

They don't realize that the HSC is meant to "encourage" us to pull from the banners so of course it isn't fair to f2p.

I do admit that they could lower the bar a bit so everyone could at least get 1 copy of the medal but p2w players will always be at the top of the HSC leader board.

The only one I didn't already have max guilt was Judy & Nick (only 5p) and I rolled 45% on my first try. I just threw 5 mirrors on it because I didn't want to bother with it. It's nice to get 6 free nova levels though.
That's the only one I need to guilt too. I have yet to get one from the event. I only have the free one they gave us for something.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That's the only one I need to guilt too. I have yet to get one from the event. I only have the free one they gave us for something.
The free one was for it winning an Oscar. I didn't get a lot of them during the event (4 or 5) but I've already cleared all the boards so I may have played it more than you. I wanted to get the boards over with early because we get Org XIII tomorrow.

deanote666

The free one was for it winning an Oscar. I didn't get a lot of them during the event (4 or 5) but I've already cleared all the boards so I may have played it more than you. I wanted to get the boards over with early because we get Org XIII tomorrow.

I had the boards cleared Monday with 35789 extra cross coins. :p

Had to get all the dwarfs.

I've been doing the raid boss during the cross bonus time so I'll try cross during the bonus time tonight.

Psxphile

I max guilted every farmable event medal in Union Cross except for Nick & Judy, of which I've gotten absolutely zero copies of in all the time I've played (admittingly, wasn't much). It's already guilted but at 24% and was hoping to come across one or two more to inch it up towards the max and mirror it, but the miracle never happen. If it's going to be this scarce I might as well just pump mirrors into it from there (already blew 70+ mirrors last week to complete several medals, N&J was low on the totem pole at the time).

I've yet to come across the 15-minute event so maybe I would have better luck getting something there. Not liking my chances, I really don't want to have to check every 15 minutes to see if it's up.

Psxphile

^ the hell

Luxord's Organization XIII Event starts midnight (PT)! Plus, a new Bonus Jewels Campaign and Medal Deal begin!
DL0m_UJV4AEummE.png:small

deanote666

Any gaf parties out there? I can switch unions too if needed to be in a party.

Also, I'm guessing I should skip the HD sora deal for foretellers/kairi ex?

The 3 forms are decent AoE medals but the multiplier is based on party size - meaning cross only?. The real prize is anti-form sora. Green HD Xion.

^ the hell

DL0m_UJV4AEummE.png:small

Oh I forgot this comes before Riku Ex.

So next week should be Aqua & Stitch for VIP I imagine?

I wouldn't be surprised if Riku Ex was paired with Aqua Illustrated Ver B instead of Neku Illustrated Ver. So then they could save Neku for when the Neku VIP is out.

deanote666

With the current banner, are the medal's strength determined by your actual party size or cross party size?

As in, do you get no bonus when not crossing?

Sölf

Didn't they already effectively say this? I remember they talked about KH3 being the end of Xehanort's story, but not the last Kingdom Hearts.

Yeah, I also remember this. I am sure they said years ago that KH 3 will only finish the Xehanort/Dark Seeker Saga.

I also think Nomura said at one point "Sora will always be the series main protagonist".

Top Bottom