• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena surpasses sales expectations

P90

It had bloody well better not be. Been waiting too damn long for an HD Persona game.

Persona was never about the graphix. P4G could be pulled off on the 3DS. I don't care what handheld platform as long as the P5 is made. I would prefer a HD triplet (PS360WiiU) P5 first with a handheld extended version a few years after.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Persona was never about the graphix. P4G could be pulled off on the 3DS. I don't care what handheld platform as long as the P5 is made. I would prefer a HD triplet (PS360WiiU) P5 first with a handheld extended version a few years after.

I LOVE the art in Persona 3-4. Nothing crazy about wanting p5 to be high res with that art.

Dantis

Soejima's amazing art was heavily limited by the PS2's power. Catherine was the first time that the characters looked like they do in his drawings, and I'm really looking forward to seeing a Persona game like it.

Wait, has P4A still not come out in Europe? Is P4G not coming to Europe? Really?

NIS America of Europe will publish Persona 4 Golden in the new year, and Zen United is still claiming to have not received the European build of Arena, so that's still TBA.

Codeblue

Persona 5 will be exclusive to Vita, won't it?

I'd love a reason to pick up a Vita, but I doubt it.

Also:

Index Corporation reported sales numbers for Persona 4: Golden and the PlayStation Vita port sold 260,000 units in Japan since it was released on June 14. Total sales should rise next month when Atlus publishes Persona 4: Golden in North America on November 20.

Is that some ambiguous grammar or is there some version of P4G I'm not aware of?

A.E Suggs

Kind of hilarious that Golden sold more than Arena.
No its not, how could you even come to that conclusion?

Pretty sure it's not even close. It sold less than 50k in its first month in the US, and I doubt it then went on to sell an additional 130k+ in its second month.
Ah I remember now your that guy -_-. Atlus sold out their shippment and you do know atlus games sell better overtime don't you. But since you're so bitter about arena you wouldn't know how atlus other games have sold in the past. Even still the game sold above expectations and its still doing well in the arcades in japan so however you still feel about it its a success weather you like it or not.

Dantis

Persona 5: Starring Aegis as "The Wild Card" and Labby-chan "The Sister".

Coming soon to a theater near you.

It should move away from the high-school setting and be set around Labrys' journey to take the idol world by storm. Battles could be turn based dance battles. Miku Hatsune cameo costumes are a must.

No its not, how could you even come to that conclusion?
Ah I remember now your that guy -_-. Atlus sold out their shippment and you do know atlus games sell better overtime don't you. But since you're so bitter about arena you wouldn't know how atlus other games have sold in the past. Even still the game sold above expectations and its still doing well in the arcades in japan so however you still feel about it its a success weather you like it or not.

I don't understand what you're saying. Genuinely. It did well in Japan. I never said it didn't. It did not do well in the US.

Is it not amazing to anyone else that a $60 visual novel (that happens to have a fighting game mixed in) sold so well?

Alternately, is it anti-amazing that a direct sequel to Persona 3, Persona 4 and
Persona 2
that also possssssssssssssssssssssssibly serves as a teaser for Persona 5, sold so little?

Stark

Banned
It should move away from the high-school setting and be set around Labrys' journey to take the idol world by storm. Battles could be turn based dance battles. Miku Hatsune cameo costumes are a must.

I wish. :/ But I'll settle for the high-school setting since they'd unfortunately never attempt that. If they did though I'd definitely buy as many copies as possible.

I'm serious.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Hey, how yas doin'? My name is Labrys and I'm gonna be an idol.

Sophia

Persona 5: Starring Aegis as "The Wild Card" and Labby-chan "The Sister".

Coming soon to a theater near you.

... I'd buy it. Totally. >_>

Almost everything about Persona 4 is wonderful.

Haters can get bent.

P4 has it's flaws, but they're pretty minimal and nit-picky (and one of the ones I personally thought was a flaw was rectified by The Golden.)

I just wish we could get an ideal version of Persona 3. Both versions (FES and Portable) have some considerable drawbacks.

Persona, and really just Atlus in general, is the golden child of JRPGs/Niche-titles this generation. Effectively replacing Square.

Curufinwe

So many bitter posts in this thread from the guy who hasn't even played Arena but can't stop telling everyone about how much it sucks.

cj_iwakura

And this is why Persona 2 EP is not coming out here. Thanks, Japan.

Well, I should also thank the US for not buying Innocent Sin.

LordAlu

I was gonna buy Arena but since it isn't even coming out over here till next year I won't bother. I will not support a publisher (and whatever developer is supposedly working on it) that takes a finished game and then delays its launch by 4+ months due to "a number of issues surrounding development and subsequent release of Persona 4 Arena in Europe". Development? The game is finished. All you need to be done is add some languages. Heck, you don't even need to do that for the UK!

I will however be supporting the release of Golden simply because I can import it. I don't have to wait for some useless company to delay it for months because they're too busy looking for their only copy of a Spanish dictionary.

Nexas

A quarter of a million? Isn't that how much P4 originally sold in Japan? That's pretty damn good considering considering the platform.

So many bitter posts in this thread from the guy who hasn't even played Arena but can't stop telling everyone about how much it sucks.

I know. Just better to put them on your ignore list because it's pretty annoying and sad. I do feel bad for Europeans though, this situation was handled horribly.

Glad that the games did well in Japan. I don't think Persona 4 Arena's numbers in North America are so bad considering the oversaturation of the fighting genre and Atlus's warehouses did empty out, so they are probably happy with its sales.

NEO0MJ

All you need to be done is add some languages. Heck, you don't even need to do that for the UK!

Actually, they said that they''ll skip the other languages to push the game out earlier. I really have no idea how a game can be delayed like this.

And people were saying we were complaining for no reason. "Oh, it's only a month late. Stop being so entitled."
Really have no desire to buy the game now, not even for bargain bin price.

Top Bottom