• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 12 |OT| Mama, I'm Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I do hope they remember that Lucifer needs to be a threat. When he gets loose, everyone should fear being around him.

Chemo

Looks like he's here to stay too, well, as long as Luci stays anyhow.
I hope he is until the final season, he's the best. I still want the last season to be post-apocalypse with Lucifer wearing Sam and druggy orgy powerless Castiel, though.

I hope he is until the final season, he's the best. I still want the last season to be post-apocalypse with Lucifer wearing Sam and druggy orgy powerless Castiel, though.

It absolutely has to end like that. I feel that the Supernatural crew is in love with Supernatural enough that when the show gets a send off, it ends right there. It has to be Sam, Dean with fear in his eyes, no matter what choices they make or what gets altered, they have to end up there.

Goddamn. if they did that, it would elevate this show to such a damn high pedestal for me.

Unno, I feel like that future was fake because of how Chuck was portrayed. Why would Chuck, who is God worry about toilet paper? My theory was that since Zachariah didn't know Chuck was god he portrayed him as such. But that's just me.

ZeoVGM

Banned
That wasn't a real future. It was Zachariah trying to convince Dean to say yes to Michael by showing him what would happen if he didn't.

The fact that Chuck was there means it was 100% fake.

Unno, I feel like that future was fake because of how Chuck was portrayed. Why would Chuck, who is God worry about toilet paper? My theory was that since Zachariah didn't know Chuck was god he portrayed him as such. But that's just me.

What about the "See you in 5 years" part?

well

now supernatural is ruined

thanks

(maybe chuck wasn't god during season 5, they only retconned him as such later on)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
well

now supernatural is ruined

thanks

(maybe chuck wasn't god during season 5, they only retconned him as such later on)

Nah, season 5 ends with a pretty huge hint that Chuck is god. The entire finale stops just short of him turning to the camera and straight up telling us.

Besides, ending there would go against every thing the show (and the first five seasons) is about.

BlueSnowboarder

Neo Member
Lol the actor who played Max Jafe from Phantom Traveler back and English :p Kinda sad
the Alpha Vamp is dead...he had a certain style to him
Alpha Vamps reaction to England was amazing :D as was his
get off my lawn line

Is it me or is Jensen KILLING it on the acting these past few episodes....o_O

Sammy joining the Brits.....let the secrets and manipulations begin..........

Also loved watching the English Men of Letters getting shown up in knowledge etc... :D

sturmdogg

Here's to hoping we don't go back to the old "keeping secrets from each other" BS.

Interesting that the divide between hunters and MoL exists in the British version as well.

Here's to hoping we don't go back to the old "keeping secrets from each other" BS.

Interesting that the divide between hunters and MoL exists in the British version as well.

Its not too surprising. MoL whether brit or not always had that snub nose attitude.

Is Sam really okay with the MoL's goal of exterminating all monsters? I thought he had grown sympathetic to the plights of some. For example Kate, and Garth, both werewolves that they've let live. I had thought the season was going to turn into the brothers coming to ethical crossroads with the MoL's willingness to terminate with extreme prejudice.

Edit: Hell, I imagine the MoL would eventually go after Sam because he's one of Azazel's 'special children' still, right? He just has to consume demon blood at any point to beast mode up. Or has that hidden power been removed from him. I forgot.

Is Sam really okay with the MoL's goal of exterminating all monsters? I thought he had grown sympathetic to the plights of some. For example Kate, and Garth, both werewolves that they've let live. I had thought the season was going to turn into the brothers coming to ethical crossroads with the MoL's willingness to terminate with extreme prejudice.

Edit: Hell, I imagine the MoL would eventually go after Sam because he's one of Azazel's 'special children' still, right? He just has to consume demon blood at any point to beast mode up. Or has that hidden power been removed from him. I forgot.

I mean, why are Sam/Dean's monster killing methods more "good" than the MoL's? It's not like they operate on some impartial police-like routine. I would put this show down if this season tried to portray the Winchesters as the "right kind of bloodthirsty"

I thought the same. Not all monsters are evil.

That kind of extermination is.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

Wait til Sam finds out that they've been killing everybody he's attempted to save/spare this whole time. That'll force the issue.

I mean, why are Sam/Dean's monster killing methods more "good" than the MoL's? It's not like they operate on some impartial police-like routine. I would put this show down if this season tried to portray the Winchesters as the "right kind of bloodthirsty"

Didn't say they were good, they're just more open than the MoL, or at least Mr. Ketch, seem to be. The latest episode proves it where Ketch wants to just torture information from a comparatively helpless vampire. Sam especially has shown empathy towards some monsters, probably given that he sorta is one due to Azazel.

Kevin

Finally caught up on the most recent episode. I thought it was pretty great and a lot of fun. Season 12 continues to feel some what fresh and entertaining. Even after all these years, the show still manages to impress me.

This next episode coming up was written by Davy Perez who did that awesome Tarantino styled episode from a few weeks ago so I am hyped. Also Mark Pellegrino will be in the episode. :)

So I guess we can rule out Alpha's from being one of the five. I'm sticking with:
1. Archangels
2. Leviathans
3. Eve(not technically a Leviathan since one of them referred to her as a whore, and she was able to shapeshift without needing DNA of the person she was imitating as seen when she became Mary Winchester.) However, unclear if she was created or just exited...

I kinda wanna say Knights of Hell, but it's been shown princes/princesses are way more powerful than a knight(killing Angels by mere touch is unprecedented aside of The Darkness) and a prince got gunned down by the colt. I feel like instead of showing us who can't be killed by the colt, they're showing us who can be killed and thus the process of elimination begins.

Either the show is becoming predictable or...I can see the future
. I foresaw fatty betraying the group(when Dean and Ketch found the motel empty) and I saw Sam bluffing to get in a scuffle and load the Colt. Which is it GAF? Should I play the lottery :p

Lol the actor who played Max Jafe from Phantom Traveler back and English :p Kinda sad
the Alpha Vamp is dead...he had a certain style to him
Alpha Vamps reaction to England was amazing :D as was his
get off my lawn line

Is it me or is Jensen KILLING it on the acting these past few episodes....o_O

Sammy joining the Brits.....let the secrets and manipulations begin..........

Also loved watching the English Men of Letters getting shown up in knowledge etc... :D

I liked him too he was the last remaining Alpha wasn't he? Shapeshifter Alpha got decapitated by Crowley and I'm pretty sure Castiel dealt with any Alphas/monsters that were left behind afterwards.

BTW, once the show airs on the east coast you don't gotta worry about spoiler tagging. You can if you want, but it's not required :p.

I doubt i. I think Sam is gonna be upfront, Sam saw the kinda shit Mary went through when she lied to Dean, and Dean is a massive momma's boy. I think he's gonna try to reason with Dean and pull out the "choosing a side" line again :p.

So the Men of Letters are completely incompetent aside from the rogue killer.

Pretty much. American MoL didn't get their hands dirty, right? They just researched and hunters did all the killings. It is also a relfection of coportions, top guys are the MoL, hunters are the average worker. MoL try to do what the average worker does and faceplant pretty much lol.

I'm worried about Garth now...Maybe they'll bring that up when MoL move on from Vamps to Werewolves, I miss Garth...

So now they have the Colt, with infinite bullets?

Also, I wonder if Eve was one of the five things it can't kill.

They always did. Just from what I remember Ruby altered The Colt to work with all bullets, they didn't need to do anything special to the bullets, right? I may have missed something considering that was a long ass time ago.

Yes, and I've clearly forgotten something as I'm not sure why he was so taken aback by seeing it.

He hasn't seen it for years and thought it was gone.

They always did. Just from what I remember Ruby altered The Colt to work with all bullets, they didn't need to do anything special to the bullets, right? I may have missed something considering that was a long ass time ago.
I might be remembering wrong, but I think what Ruby did was make some more bullets and give them the recipe. The problem was they didn't have enough materials to craft the bullets (because crafting sucks), but now they have the MoL's repository, so they should have plenty of that stuff just around.

I wonder if Mr. Ketch is not actually MoL but a hunter who works for them.

I think he's just a psychopath who enjoys murdering things. He basically states so in the latest episode when he tells Dean they're both just killers, and he just works with the MoL as long as they provide him with the firepower and point him at something to exterminate. He would probably be killing humans if there weren't any monsters about.

Joni

Ruby taught the recipe to Bobby, and then somewhere in the fight with Lucifer they lost the Colt. So the recipe was useless.

It would make the most sense for the parallels with Dean and Sam. Sam was always the more brainy one, Dean always the more killy one.

saunderez

I seem to remember them carving pentagrams into the tip of bullets....maybe it was the devil's trap they were carving.

Yeah Ruby helped make the Colt work with regular bullets, but they weren't strong enough to kill stronger tiers of monsters iirc? I dun remember.

I might be remembering wrong, but I think what Ruby did was make some more bullets and give them the recipe. The problem was they didn't have enough materials to craft the bullets (because crafting sucks), but now they have the MoL's repository, so they should have plenty of that stuff just around.

Ruby taught the recipe to Bobby, and then somewhere in the fight with Lucifer they lost the Colt. So the recipe was useless.

It would make the most sense for the parallels with Dean and Sam. Sam was always the more brainy one, Dean always the more killy one.
Hmmm. Guess that makes sense.
I seem to remember them carving pentagrams into the tip of bullets....maybe it was the devil's trap they were carving.
They did that, but used a regular gun and it was used to trap Abaddon. I think they did that other times too, but iirc never with the colt, just regular guns.
Yeah Ruby helped make the Colt work with regular bullets, but they weren't strong enough to kill stronger tiers of monsters iirc? I dun remember.
Maybe they'll touch on it. I don't really care all the much, I'm more interested in the big baddies it can't kill. Just it's a nice plot to cover if they so choose.

Media

Interesting episode. I think we're heading is what other people are saying. That the good monsters are going to push the issue. Especially with Sam being one of those monsters. If I recall that even mentioned the fact that he still had some Demon blood in him earlier in the season.

Also where the fuck is Castiel. I have a feeling he's also going to be one of the quote unquote monsters that they want to eliminate. Which is not going to go good.

Yeah, you bring up a good point that Same technically still has demon blood in him and might even still have some ability, only it's dulled out since he stopped juicing on demon blood.

Media

Yeah, you bring up a good point that Same technically still has demon blood in him and might even still have some ability, only it's dulled out since he stopped juicing on demon blood.
I seem to recall the last time he talked about it he said 'and I have powers too'

And we all saw him hold the door against Lucifer's powers during the concert when no one else could. Not even Castiel could do that, one would imagine.

I would like if they explored Sams self-hatred. Like...hes brought it up before, but for them to dedicate time to why Sam hates himself and how it feeds into him wanting to kill all monsters.

And its good to hear Sammy retained some use of his powers this season...wonder if itll come to a head for him?

ZeoVGM

Banned
The second half of the season has been awesome. The show feels really fresh lately, from the British Men of Letters arc to the filming location and they even seem to be mixing up Sam's wardrobe finally.

Loving what they're doing. All I ask is that Lucifer is a complete frightening badass again. Not the whiny version we saw earlier in the season.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The second half of the season has been awesome. The show feels really fresh lately, from the British Men of Letters arc to the filming location and they even seem to be mixing up Sam's wardrobe finally.

Loving what they're doing. All I ask is that Lucifer is a complete frightening badass again. Not the whiny version we saw earlier in the season.

Well, right now he's pretending to be Crowley's bitch. I imagine the Men of Letters try to make a run on Crowley at the end of the season, think Lucifer is a prisoner, and set him free as Crowley and his demons fight off the attacking force. It'd set up next season quite nicely in terms of conflict, a sort of season 5 redux. Though, Rowena would have to die for it to last longer than a couple of episodes.

ZeoVGM

Banned
One moment in the Reservoir Dogs-homage episode really stuck with me and I haven't seen it mentioned too much.

At the end of the episode, when Mary was speaking to Ketch about Cas almost dying, she referred to him as "one of my boys."

It's a minor thing but I love the idea that Mary has started to look at Cas as a third son. I hope they dive into that a bit more.

Jhoan

This episode has been great so far. I like the dog parallel with the hellhound and Crowley's caged "dog." Dean is such a troll with the bear.

sonicfan

Venerable Member
LOL.. Dad would love this....

landscape-1459849626-walking-dead-negan-jeffrey-dean-morgan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom