• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confederate Flag Group Charged For Threats Made At Black Child's Party (Sentenced)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A group of white Confederate flag-supporters that interrupted a black child's birthday party in Douglasville, Georgia in July was charged with making "terroristic threats," and participating in criminal gang activity as The New York Times reported Monday.

Fifteen members who belong to the "Respect the Flag" group were indicted by a grand jury in Douglas County. Some had been arrested, others were in the process of being arrested, according to the New York Times.

The gang activity charge was allowed under the state's Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act, which is “worded very broadly to deal with any type of activity that occurs with a group that’s organized that commits a crime," the county's district attorney said, according to the Times.

A group of white passengers in trucks with waving Confederate flags reportedly interrupted a black child's birthday party in July, according to The Atlanta Journal Constitution.

A woman who recorded the incident told The Atlanta Journal Constitution the passengers of the trucks were armed and threatened to, "kill y’all (N-words).”

Police arrived on scene and gave conflicting statements as to what led up to the incident, according to the newspaper.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/confederate-flag-group-bday-party

There might've been a thread about this when the incident took place, but its nice to know that these people are being charged with making terroristic threats.

but but the white man on the cable television said it wasn't racist

uhm.. being a bigot and harassing others who are different from you has a very long history in the South and elsewhere, so when these neo-confederates say that they're honoring their heritige, they're somewhat right while trying to obfuscate the true purpose of Confederate flag worship.

Ah, I remember this one. Here's the thread for the original story: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1085545

Pretty much these guys claimed that they got a flat tire coming back from a racist confederate flag event and were attacked by the birthday party. Because that's what people do at children's birthday parties...

"Basically about eight of us had to hold 15 to 20 of them back,” Bush said, admitting that a specific racial slur was likely used by members of his group.

Heritage not hate.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Didn't they claim their group raised money to buy American Flags for the poor, lol. I remember that part and how weird it sounded since you can buy an American flag for like a dollar around July 4th.

KarmaCow

Way to completely undermine your movement by protesting a child's birthday party. What was the end game here besides being dipshits.

Way to completely undermine your movement by protesting a child's birthday party. What was the end game here besides being dipshits.

It sounds like they were just driving by and saw black people so they decided to stop for a bit to show off their flags.

Toxi

Banned
Ah, I remember this one. Here's the thread for the original story: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1085545
Ryuelli said:
I find it a little odd that everyone is magically assuming the party goers are in the right, when the video doesn't show anything other then the confederate guys driving away. The video doesn't show enough in my opinion to really support either side. At this point, it's really just a bunch of "He said, she said" (and even then, we don't really have enough information their either).

I guess it's not too surprising that a forum that's incredibly left leaning is going to instantly support the minority group though.

Where's the weird neighbor who constantly sticks his business in stuff that doesn't concern him and seems to know everything about every little thing going on in the neighborhood when you need him? Stuff like this is where unbiased 3rd parties come in handy.
Wonder if this poster will respond to this thread.

I wonder if the poster who said GAF was jumping to conclusions to "support the minority group" will respond to this thread.
He's special..
image.php
This is really messing with my "know a poster by their avatar" game!

Nairume

Banned
But wait guys, maybe we still don't have the full FULL story that might prove that a group of dudes belligerently waving around Confederate flags and screaming racial slurs at a black child's birthday party weren't acting in poor faith or lying about their own account.

SURELY there is more to the story than this, and not that they were just a bunch of racist assholes like everybody thought they were.

Savitar

So did they show those birthday goers the truth of their proud heritage?

Such fine upstanding patriotic Americans.

No ones going to pull the wool over their eyes, no sirreebob!

Dai Kaiju

It should not be erased from existence or memory but I don't think it should be flying over state buildings. They want a southern pride themed cake for bday? Go for it.

rpmurphy

Those who drive around with a huge-ass Confederate battle flag sticking from their pickup truck tend to fall into a certain profile.

User1608

Banned
Hey guys (certain peeps) it was a misunderstanding, just preaching their heritage. J/K, good, these assholes can rot in hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom