• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Spent 600msp on spelunky a few months back.
seinfeldiyurz.gif

Leflus

Spelunky for 480 points is a steal! I've been playing it a lot lately, and I can't recommend it enough. It's hard as balls though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Between Spelunky and Spelunker... I'm suprised anyone calls "sp'lunky" all that HARD, at least in the beginning. So much more leeway! So much more ability! It's Chaotic, but in a controlled way; Patience and planning rule the day, as well as finding equips and items that work for your personal playstyle.

Gotta put out a shout out for Spelunky. I think it's one of the most charming, well-put together games of it's type released on anything in the past few years. It's got a great bit of Polish and Personality, and the Local Co-Op and VS are both very much worth playing. Glad to have paid full price for the game, because a work of such quality deserves to be rewarded.

You're getting a fantastic deal to get such a game on sale.

Remind me again - do you need a gold sub to score the S&S app deals? I have a friend I want to recommend these to, but I'm not sure if he has gold...

aku:jiki

Minecraft code gone, though I found more codes in my stash. Anyone want to buy the Pinball FX2 table packs Avengers Chronicles and Marvel: Vengeance & Virtue for 800MSP (50% off marketplace price)?

You need to download the app from a US or UK account. Once downloaded you can use it on any regional account.
As a fellow euro, I can confirm. It's how I own Dungeon Defenders and Mercury Hg, and they're properly listed in my download history.

They're not checkmarked in the marketplace, though, but I think everyone has that problem?

So can we migrate our account to UK/US as possible for a few weeks now, then maybe migrate back to our original country three months later and still enjoy the S&S?
I guess, but it'd be easier to just make a US silver account to download the app and then run it with your regular gamertag.

Then again, I was in my US account earlier and I couldn't find the S&S app for download.

Lima

You need gold to download the app. They changed that recently. They also changed the way you can use the free gold month when making a new account, you must enter a valid payment method because they will charge you if forget to turn off auto renewal.

So yeah it would be just easier to migrate to UK and download app. My advice would be to just stay in the UK too. There is little reason to go back to your own country.

So yeah it would be just easier to migrate to UK and download app. My advice would be to just stay in the UK too. There is little reason to go back to your own country.

Well, there's the ease of buying Microsoft Points. If you're in Europe though, your local points will work on a UK account so even that disadvantage is sorted

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
anyone that doesn't buy spelunky is retarded. it's SO GREAT. and there is so much game there. good luck making it to the city of gold. I saw that beatiful place exactly once and screwed it all up.

Lima

Well, there's the ease of buying Microsoft Points. If you're in Europe though, your local points will work on a UK account so even that disadvantage is sorted

And MS points are always available for cheap on ebay or several other places in the EU. The most I paid for 4200 points was 40€ and they retail for 50€ here.

Vert boil

You need gold to download the app. They changed that recently. They also changed the way you can use the free gold month when making a new account, you must enter a valid payment method because they will charge you if forget to turn off auto renewal.

Is this from first hand knowledge or just from a forum post? When people have said that they've changed it in the past it's only been one individual with no one confirming.

So can we migrate our account to UK/US as possible for a few weeks now, then maybe migrate back to our original country three months later and still enjoy the S&S?

Once you have the app you can use it on any account. Unless it's going to be a long term/permanent switch I wouldn't even consider switching for individual offers. Potentially losing content wouldn't be worth it for myself.

Addnan

Surprisingly, on the UK marketplace, this is only £8.99/1,040pts.

Anyone know much about it? Is it accessible to those who know little about basketball and haven't played a basketball videogame in about 15 years?

Yes, I bought it from Amazon for PC and it was pretty easy to get the hang of. Never played a basketball game before that, or hardly even knew the rules.

ShogunX

Spelunky is amazing. Been really into it the past week or two and it's fun and frustrating trying to get some of the achievements.

Gamejunky

I downloaded the app on a US account I made (i'm in Canada) and while I can access the app on my Canadian account I don't see the spelunky deal anywhere. Is there something else I need to do?

aku:jiki

I downloaded the app on a US account I made (i'm in Canada) and while I can access the app on my Canadian account I don't see the spelunky deal anywhere. Is there something else I need to do?
You have to play the scratching minigame to see if you win some random avatar junk or whatever, then it shows you the S&S deals as a "consolation prize."

Lima

Hmm major nelson edited his blog post. Nothing on Skyrim DLC now. He did the same thing two weeks ago with Max Payne 3 season pass. They better put that damn dragonborn dlc up for 800.

Surprisingly, on the UK marketplace, this is only £8.99/1,040pts.

Anyone know much about it? Is it accessible to those who know little about basketball and haven't played a basketball videogame in about 15 years?

I'd personally buy NBA jam if you want a basketball game, but I say that because NBA jam was the only basketball game I played as a kid and actually enjoyed and rented more then once.

Shady859

Spelunky is a steal at this price! Bought on release day and have zero regrets. It's evil in a wonderful way!

I do regret playing Special Forces Team X for the full 45 minute MP demo. Lol

Zia

Question: if I let Gold lapse, do I retain my Rewards history? I'm wanting to remove all my CC info and it won't allow me to completely remove it until I'm inactive. I just want to make sure I don't lose anything.

Question: if I let Gold lapse, do I retain my Rewards history? I'm wanting to remove all my CC info and it won't allow me to completely remove it until I'm inactive. I just want to make sure I don't lose anything.

Do you mean S&S?

You should be fine, I'd double check your purchase history to make sure you can redownload, but stuff I've bought has been there no problem. You just can't redownload from the marketplace.

Hmm major nelson edited his blog post. Nothing on Skyrim DLC now. He did the same thing two weeks ago with Max Payne 3 season pass. They better put that damn dragonborn dlc up for 800.

Ok, that means we'll have RDR DLC sales...

*JPN only* Virtua Striker - 800msp, 42MB.

*JPN only* Virtual-On - 800msp, 119MB.

I'm surprised 1) to see them only in JPN 2) to see them at 800 MSP, I would have bet for a 400 MSP price.

Are there any talks of releasing them outside JPN region?

Vert boil

I'm surprised 1) to see them only in JPN 2) to see them at 800 MSP, I would have bet for a 400 MSP price.

Are there any talks of releasing them outside JPN region?

Just speculation, Sega have only said that they are JPN exclusive.

Haven't seen the source but lifelower posted about why they exist yesterday.

https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/301221260220825600
Sega's Model 2 Collection was planned only 3 fighting games and internally called Model 2 Fighting Project. #XBLA

https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/301221589989588992
But a programmer has "run wild" to add 2 more games, Virtua Striker and Virtual-On, then officially beccame Model 2 Collection. #XBLA

https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/301223956587880450
He started to add them in last June on a tight schedule. If they won't be out outside Japan this week, they need a little more time, maybe..

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds: 7+ Minute Battle Grounds Mode Trailer

Featuring the 4 Non-Story Mode characters in a battle to the collapse DEATH!

(Anyone who has any experience with the PB Fighting game will recognize the character select and "VS screen" theme remixes..)

I love how genuine these vids are. Players all play differently (some zone, some jump into the fray, some wait for their friends to kill each other, and THEN join in on the battle), there's no "skip the boring parts!" camera cuts, and they legitimately show some actual strategy you can use once the game releases.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
And for those who don't wanna click on a Twitter Link:

BDBuAsrCQAEPFiH.jpg

... So Go Go Break Steady and Vita's Kickbeat had a baby, eh?

Lima

And MajorNelson sent me an email confirming that there will be no discount on Skyrim DLC next week. Bloody hell...

Top Bottom