• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT2| "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

WillyFive

Planes should not be able to go 70-80 and 0. No vehicle or class should. If that happens once in a while thats one thing but in this case, it happens faaar too often which is usually a sign of a problem.

I've heard of it happening with tanks, but not with planes yet.

I've heard of it happening with tanks, but not with planes yet.

I can assure you it is happening right now. Like the previous poster alluded to, anytime someone can consistantly go 70-80 kills without reply then that is something that is very, very wrong and has little to no counter.

People did used to have similar stats in tanks because A) People didn't know how to deal with them and B) people had to co-ordinate to take them down. But now tanks aren't the problem they used to be as people have learnt that just 2 Assault players can easily take a tank down or at least cause it to retreat. Every class in BF1 has access to tools/grenades that can damage a tank.

But planes? Nope, sorry. Not one class has access to one tool or gadget that allows any damage to planes other than shooting them with their gun, which is comparable to shooting a pea-shooter at it. Even if you do damage it, the plane can fly off and repair (in the fucking air), turn 180 degrees and press one button/key and get a insta-kill and a highly likely multi-kill. The only counter on the battlefield that a infantry soldier can use to damage a plane is the AA, which handily enough for 70-80 to nil plane players, can be completely blown off the map and thus be rendered un-usable. You can't even repair the station with the useless repair spanner.

zorbsie

It's me or it's really hard to find a match in Xbox One?

I've never had a problem finding matches on XB1. I have had the search crash on me and get stuck on "Finding Similar Players" or something. Exiting out of the game and reloading it fixed the problem and I would get right into a match.

Striker

I have started using the Anti-aircraft Artillery truck. It annoys them because I've had moments where I kill the plane and a minute later that same person is rushing me with an Assault kit. Problem can be is if no teammates are around to give you any support and you are bumrushed by six players but you know. Great vehicle though and one I often use if the planes are problematic.

So I've returned to the game after some absence (Zelda).
I'm looking at the new weapons and I'm wondering of the Sjögren is worth grinding for?

Kal

This game is dead. I couldn't find any Frontlines or War Pigeons game on the new DLC. And I'm struggling to find Operations games. :/

JJD

Finally played 3 of DLC maps.

Damn DICE what the hell were you thinking??? I hated then.

Maps in BF1 range from good to serviceable. There is not a single vanilla BF1 maps that I strongly dislike.

This DLC on the other hand have some of the worst maps in BF history IMO.

This game is dead. I couldn't find any Frontlines or War Pigeons game on the new DLC. And I'm struggling to find Operations games. :/

Personally I have those same issues during these times.

The game is not dead, this has been an issue since DICE/EA implemented Season Passes. No one plays new game modes, and the new maps only get played for a brief period. Outside of that the community is still healthy on all platforms.

Moloch

Neo Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jadiu836pBg

4 months later they are still investigating this spawn point lag issue, happens for a couple people on my friendslist but not all, only happens on suez/sinai/giants and only if there are more than 40-ish people in the server, so that rules out this being a misconfiguration at my end i think.

Still tried tons of things with no effect. Sigh.

Can't find a populated game at 10-11am on a saturday (DLC playlist on PC). Something is definitely messed up with their matchmaker and just getting players into lobbies as the stats show there is still over 32k+ people online. Literally waited in a conq game for 20 minutes with less than 10 on each team so the game couldn't start.

I really think they are running into the issue of having too many playlists that split up the playerbase into little segments and that will only get worse as more DLC comes out.

I can assure you it is happening right now. Like the previous poster alluded to, anytime someone can consistantly go 70-80 kills without reply then that is something that is very, very wrong and has little to no counter.

Oh my god this bullshit. You can't whine about it having no counter when literally every primary weapon in the game can destroy one. Just shoot the fucking thing, it's not difficult, tell your squad to concentrate fire on it and it's destroyed within seconds.

Can't find a populated game at 10-11am on a saturday (DLC playlist on PC). Something is definitely messed up with their matchmaker and just getting players into lobbies as the stats show there is still over 32k+ people online. Literally waited in a conq game for 20 minutes with less than 10 on each team so the game couldn't start.

I really think they are running into the issue of having too many playlists that split up the playerbase into little segments and that will only get worse as more DLC comes out.

...Don't use the playlist? Use the server browser man, I have no idea why you'd sit in an empty lobby for 20 minutes rather than just finding a full server.

...Don't use the playlist? Use the server browser man, I have no idea why you'd sit in an empty lobby for 20 minutes rather than just finding a full server.

I checked the server browser too, filtered DLC maps and conquest and it was full of 0 player servers. Coulda been something screwed up during that time, I will check again later.

bombers being able to wreck shit is understandable since they're slow but the fighters shouldn't be anywhere near as good as they are against infantry. thankfully dice is gonna nerf the shit out of the darts in the next patch.

Finally played 3 of DLC maps.

Damn DICE what the hell were you thinking??? I hated then.

Maps in BF1 range from good to serviceable. There is not a single vanilla BF1 maps that I strongly dislike.

This DLC on the other hand have some of the worst maps in BF history IMO.

The game is not dead, this has been an issue since DICE/EA implemented Season Passes. No one plays new game modes, and the new maps only get played for a brief period. Outside of that the community is still healthy on all platforms.

I meant at thtat time.

The problem with making planes less vulnerable to infantry and vice versa is that it cages off plane gameplay even more. When planes have little to contribute to the ground game, their use becomes boring.

sleepnaught

So, has Quickmatch all but been removed from PC? It hasnt worked in over a week for me and neither has the Operations mode. I feel so ripped off having spent $120 on this game for it to be dead half the time and match making not working the other half. Wont purchase from this garbage developer ever again.

WillyFive

So, has Quickmatch all but been removed from PC? It hasnt worked in over a week for me and neither has the Operations mode. I feel so ripped off having spent $120 on this game for it to be dead half the time and match making not working the other half. Wont purchase from this garbage developer ever again.

Quickmatch is the *only* way it works for me.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Why is Premium Friends on Xbox One not working? Does anybody have a clue how you can make it work?

It ended
Z2y5Hss.png

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/850045474270842882

According to Battlefield Germany there will be a new Premium Friends event soon
M5uTvVv.png

https://twitter.com/BattlefieldEADE/status/852521779201486848

Do the DLC maps show up in a normal Conquest rotation, or are they walled off behind a separate playlist entirely?

Also, I think the DLC gave us a "nighttime" version of Argonne Forest, unless my TV is miscalibrated. 🤔

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Do the DLC maps show up in a normal Conquest rotation, or are they walled off behind a separate playlist entirely?

I don't think so. There are some non-official servers where the rotation includes all maps though.

Also, I think the DLC gave us a "nighttime" version of Argonne Forest, unless my TV is miscalibrated. 🤔

Hm, never noticed something like that.

Hm, never noticed something like that.

I guess it's not really nighttime, but everything gets super desaturated, and the spawn screen gets really dark.

I only noticed it after the They Shall Not Pass DLC, so it's probably something they introduced during that patch.

My friends wanted to like Premium Friends. But them not getting any exp at all turned them off from it.

Was disappointed NIVELLE NIGHTS isn't going to be free for everyone.

So will it only ever be available to premium or will non-premium be able to buy it later? It sucks that you have to choose between playing original maps and DLC maps and not having them all in the rotation on a single server, no idea how this will fit in a map rotation.

Hit level 99 the other day. Estimated time to level up is over 3000 minutes. I have 15 squad boosts left but I doubt that will even be enough. Need more double XP weekends. The ribbons and increase in medal XP rewards is good though.

Should just refund season pass holders and release maps for free. DLC seems to have killed this game for many people, those without stop playing because no new content, those with stop because their friends don't have it.

Least Battlefront II making it right. Wonder if the BF1 drops in player count caused it.

Should just refund season pass holders and release maps for free. DLC seems to have killed this game for many people, those without stop playing because no new content, those with stop because their friends don't have it.

Least Battlefront II making it right. Wonder if the BF1 drops in player count caused it.

EA have walked back the statement that there would be no season pass though. Now it's just 'we'll see'. Still looking forward to it though.

I do wish there were quickmatch servers with all maps mixed in. They should make all maps free and just the new weapons/vehicles/level cap/medals etc as DLC so everyone can at least keep playing together.

Olengie

So will it only ever be available to premium or will non-premium be able to buy it later? It sucks that you have to choose between playing original maps and DLC maps and not having them all in the rotation on a single server, no idea how this will fit in a map rotation.

Hit level 99 the other day. Estimated time to level up is over 3000 minutes. I have 15 squad boosts left but I doubt that will even be enough. Need more double XP weekends. The ribbons and increase in medal XP rewards is good though.

Afaik, only listed for Premium atm

Any word about DICE finally fixing Giant's Shadow on Rush mode? It's pretty fucked at the moment. You either get held at the first point or you steamroll to whole thing in 5 minutes. I've never played a match on it that was a decent fight. The first point is so badly designed that all the defenders can hide in the buildings and the small hills and just pick off the attackers as they have to come down the hill with no cover.

They should ignore point 1, start the map at point 2 and put an extra point after the zeplin in the rail yard.

Also, in defence of Fao Fortress and Suez, they suck as conquest maps, but I like them as rush maps, they're actually quite fun.

If maps are free, you can count on it. People arent gonna buy premium for Battlefield1 if Battlefront2 has free maps.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Is there any reason why someone should use a light tank on a map with limited tank respawns like Suez?

I don't get it, get a far more powerful heavy tank while also carrying teammates. If you don't get that initial push on Suez your team is screwed.

Suez should have vehicle spawns at the very least a little more often. Every time I play Amiens whenever I spawn at main spawn point I'm greeted with a vehicle to help break enemy line if we're pushed back

Is there any reason why someone should use a light tank on a map with limited tank respawns like Suez?

I don't get it, get a far more powerful heavy tank while also carrying teammates. If you don't get that initial push on Suez your team is screwed.

Suez should have vehicle spawns at the very least a little more often. Every time I play Amiens whenever I spawn at main spawn point I'm greeted with a vehicle to help break enemy line if we're pushed back

cuz mah K/D is more important than helping my team win the match.

We have had real problems finding operations in the dlc maps for ps4
I haven't bought premium yet for bf1 and probably won't until it hits like 10 bucks because of this. I bought premium day 1 with bf4 and wasn't able to find dlc servers for any modes that weren't cq and occasionally rush just a few months after they released. Battlefront 2015 handled it awfully too. I'd buy premium now if this was just timed access or something and they gave the maps for free to everybody after a month or two. The current system DICE has is god awful.

Edit: also as someone who hasn't been keeping up with the game much, did they end up reverting their awful ammo 2.0 bs yet?

WillyFive

I haven't bought premium yet for bf1 and probably won't until it hits like 10 bucks because of this. I bought premium day 1 with bf4 and wasn't able to find dlc servers for any modes that weren't cq and occasionally rush just a few months after they released. Battlefront 2015 handled it awfully too. I'd buy premium now if this was just timed access or something and they gave the maps for free to everybody after a month or two. The current system DICE has is god awful.

Edit: also as someone who hasn't been keeping up with the game much, did they end up reverting their awful ammo 2.0 bs yet?

Yes, as far as I know, the magic self regenerating grenades are gone from the game.

Empires Edge must be one of the worst conquest maps I've ever played.
90% the players laying prone sniping, don't care about the objectives at all. I understand, you get sniped or bombed anyway. Plays so so bad

Top Bottom