• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Song Kickstarter - Metroid meets Dark Souls - GAFer made - funded!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192311215/ghost-song-a-journey-of-hope

32f0fae7f4d5ef40b21090c5fcd6bc0e_large.jpg

From the Kickstarter:

Ghost Song is a 2D "metroidvania" style game that not only gives players that feeling of isolation and minimalism Super Metroid fans long for, but also delivers an emotionally powerful story. This story is told not through pages of exposition or long cut scenes, but through being in the game, being in the moment, and observing events as they unfold. It's a highly ambient, atmospheric approach to story that falls somewhere between Super Metroid and Dark Souls in its tenor.

Large, open ended world to explore
Challenging and rewarding gameplay
Precise, responsive controls
Obtain a range of new abilities to unlock progress to new areas
Optional hidden weapons and abilities that that are not required to proceed, incentivizing exploration
Large and challenging bosses and mini bosses
A slinky, resourceful foe who stalks you throughout the game
Atmospheric and lonely tone
Initially for Windows PC and Mac, with other platforms possible in the future

Amazing GIF goodness ahead.

stomp.gif

battle-s.gif

witchmountains.gif

Update: Project is funded, here are the stretch goals

51ea779b1a0c5a0349866bf17852e231_large.jpg

DTU

Banned
This looks great. I've been following Ghost Song since its inception, and I can say that the creator is supremely passionate about his game. I'm stoked, especially to support a fellow Gaffer.

Backed.

anyway this looking interesting. Like the art styles and the game play look like it might be fun. Though hope there a soul sucking boss ;)

iavi

The Megaman X is strong with this one. Metroid influences too? Gonna wait it out on this one, but will definitely purchase if it ends up good.

It's looking great.

a52542fbcb80c0ab58240679a0cc66d7_large.jpg

That part with the ship gives me a strong Alien feel. I hope there is a great variety of monsters.

I LOVE this shot.

Heyt

Banned
FINALLY! I've been witing for this to emerge! Backed!

Best luck, Jobbs. I hope we surpass the goal. Will spread the word.

KarmaCow

Super Metroid and Dark Souls are some pretty big names to drop with no real history to back it up.
I backed it.

Jobbs

Banned
I appreciate the support, guys. I'm still trying to climb out from under a pile of messages and emails and social things of various kinds. And I'm thinking about faq questions to add.. I think an obvious one is "why does it look so much like metroid?"

Super Metroid and Dark Souls are some pretty big names to drop with no real history to back it up.
I backed it.

All I can do is my best -- I've been playing these games all my life, and I think I understand them. It's fair to have doubts, but I believe in it completely. And I appreciate your backing. :)

Goody

Very cool. Definitely going to back this if I can. Unity, too. That's swell. Can't wait to play this on the PC or Wii U or wherever this may end up.

Jobbs

Banned
Looks lovely. Backed. I'm not sure your goal is high enough but I wish you the best.

If funded, we're still likely to be working on it on our own time to some extent unless it goes over (As I've already been doing over the past year) . That's okay. We just need some help to make it possible, to keep us secure while we focus on it. Generally we have all the skills and tools we need already, it's just a matter of buckling down and remaining breathing.

And thank you! :)

Skerj

2 of my favorite things combined into one thing that will become one of my favorite things? Backed like Sir Mix-A-Lot and Juvenile.

Salsa

As much as I like Metroid, I wish it wasnt so blatant about it, not gonna lie

it still looks awesome. Nice job jobbs

Top Bottom