• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the better song - Stan Bush's The Touch or Lion's Transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yo Lion's Transformers Theme was the SHIT. I like the Touch but come on, its not even close.

The Touch, Lion's Transformers theme isn't even their best film track Love is a Lie from Friday the 13th The Final Chapter or Never Surrender from The Wraith are.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yo Lion's Transformers Theme was the SHIT. I like the Touch but come on, its not even close.

The answer is always The Touch.

MtZ9N.gif

The Touch.

It works better in abstract - not explicitly about Transformers - as a song, but also has the benefits of association with one of the coolest scenes in the entire franchise.

The only version of the Transformers theme I really like is the Season 2 one.

The Touch is one of the greatest songs of all time.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
The Touch
Also Mark Wahlberg ruined The Touch for me.
What!!?!? You mean one of the coolest and most out of nowhere brilliant covers of all time in an already brilliant movie?

I gues by ruined you intend to me "made infinitely more awesome"

It's very close, but the Transformers theme fills me with childlike joy every time I hear it , and dat guitar solo just increases the epic to unheard of scales. The intro drums also similarly bring the epic.

I do love the Touch though, if only for the preceding 'Megatron must be stopped...no matter the cost'
*transforming noise*
DAH DUM DUM DAHH
YOU GOT THE TOUCH...
YOU GOT THE POWWEEEERRRRR.....YEAH!

Sapiens

Can we talk about how this movie has 4 minutes of good animation and the rest is done by the north korean c-team?

I agree with the above that I'd rank Til All Are One a close second before considering anything else.

The Touch > all. Iconic song.

Maligna

Banned
The Touch is way too corny. It isn't even the best Stan Bush song in that movie.

Lion's Transformers theme by a mile. It's so awesome that last summer on the movies 30th anniversary I got my local CBC radio station to play the theme on their morning show.

But all the other songs are great too. Instruments of Destruction, Hunger, Nothing's Gonna Stand in our Way... Man, so great.

Lion's Transformers.

The Touch is superb, but Lion's rendition of The Transfomers is just on another level. They took a Saturday morning cartoon theme and made it metal.

Awesome thread. Important debate.

As much as Lion's take on the theme is spine tingling and loyal to original theme,
I find that Stan Bush's The Touch reaches out to us and touches us in two key moments of the movie and has been canonized as iconic.

Dhx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom