• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ScreenJunkies: Zemeckis wants to do Flash, WB doesn't want the script rewrite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Zemeckis wants to do a movie with a character who time travels?

BjkwMtm.gif

Pachimari

I just want this movie to get any director so it won't continue to be delayed. I also don't know who this Zemeckis fella is.

Pachimari

Kidding bro?

Back to the Future, Forrest Gump, and Roger Rabbit just to name a few of the movies he did.

Zemeckis directed the best Time Travel Trilogy ever in Back to the Future.

Come on man. Forreal ?

6lGgswj.gif
I've never seen Back to the Future. Don't know what Roger Rabbits is.

Although, Forrest Gump was freaking amazing back in the day.

Ridley327

I just want this movie to get any director so it won't continue to be delayed. I also don't know who this Zemeckis fella is.

Robert Zemeckis is the director of the Back to the Future trilogy, along with the likes of Forrest Gump, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Death Becomes Her, Flight, The Polar Express, Beowulf and about a dozen other films that I honestly can't remember right now. He's not as big as he used to be, but he's still an all-time great blockbuster director.

Pachimari

Robert Zemeckis is the director of the Back to the Future trilogy, along with the likes of Forrest Gump, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Death Becomes Her, Flight, The Polar Express, Beowulf and about a dozen other films that I honestly can't remember right now. He's not as big as he used to be, but he's still an all-time great blockbuster director.
Of all of those I've only seen Forrest Gump. But good to hear he's a capable director because The Flash is my favorite DC hero, and I want a competent film from Warner.

I haven't watched the whole thing, but I guess WB doesn't want a rewrite, because of the upcoming writers strike?

Also Raimi for Cyborg, lol?

Amir0x

Banned
Zemeckis is good and Back to the Future pretty good, but you guys are overselling it with the reactions to him not seeing it. Was always heavily flawed.

Ridley327

Of all of those I've only seen Forrest Gump. But good to hear he's a capable director because The Flash is my favorite DC hero, and I want a competent film from Warner.

Honestly, he's a name I wouldn't have expected on a film like this, yet it would actually get me pretty excited for the film just because of his past successes with summer blockbusters.

Yeah, this probably won't happen. I can see him not directing it because of creative differences or he was never even approached in the first place.

15 years ago, I would have been jumping up and down. But the Zemeckis of today? I don't know...
Shit, I'd still take it. Who am I kidding?

Edit2: According to them also, Raimi had a private screening of Justice League and fell in love with Cyborg.

Lies!
But on the 0.1% chance that this might be true, please save us Sam!

hydruxo

Zemeckis is good and Back to the Future pretty good, but you guys are overselling it with the reactions to him not seeing it. Was always heavily flawed.

Well their reactions aren't because of it being "flawed". It's because it's just one of those films that you just assume people have seen.

Pachimari

Bolded is the key sentence. How the fuck are ScreenJunkies getting this? Where from?
That's my point too.

Man I know people who have never seen Star Wars or Godfather!
I've never seen Godfather. Only just saw the OT Star Wars a little over a year ago. Never seen Fight Club, any Alien movie, and I can keep on going. But I am aware of many of the movies being out there, and I am checking them out slowly but can only watch a movie at a time heh.

Man I know people who have never seen Star Wars or Godfather!

(mentioned this in another thread) I ran into a guy last week, 20-something American male that didn't know who Harrison Ford/Han Solo was.

Totally changed my outlook on the existence of extra-terrestrials.

weshes195

Well their reactions aren't because of it being "flawed". It's because it's just one of those films that you just assume people have seen.

Eh not really. Maybe something you assume people at least know famous lines and other things, but that is like being shocked that someone hasn't seen Ferris Bueller Days off.

I love those films, but they don't have the cultural impact things like Star Wars or even Indiana Jones. It is mostly people who watched them in the 90's or when they were at the most popular.

Amir0x

Banned
(mentioned this in another thread) I ran into a guy last week, 20-something American male that didn't know who Harrison Ford/Han Solo was.

Some people dont even watch movies all that much and as a result filter out the pop culture references they dont understand.

I've never seen Godfather. Only just saw the OT Star Wars a little over a year ago. Never seen Fight Club, any Alien movie, and I can keep on going. But I am aware of many of the movies being out there, and I am checking them out slowly but can only watch a movie at a time heh.

Fight Club is fine to miss!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Why would WB want someone that could actually turn in a decent DC movie for them? Makes no sense.

this is ridiculous. WB is one studio who chases well known directors. You are thinking Disney and Marvel who pick people like Collin Trevorrow to make their big franchises.

You can say hiring Snyder was a mistake but guess who they entrusted to pick Snyder? It was Nolan himself.

Bleepey

OK, how is that possible. Was he homeschooled in an atomic bunker? Also, how did you make him watch the Star Wars films? Rogue 1, 4, 5, 1, 2,3,6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom