• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Dwyhats.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/shinxkira/posts/461021190947449

MrCarter

Honestly not sure if you are joking. I don't think that clip looks bad. It doesn't look good.

You should check the Monster Hunter thread for the high praise. For a game of that scale the game truly looks like an evolution of the series and the new trailer definitely got me on board.

Village

Ya'll talking about psycho upper?

If you mean, how you do it, you just press multiple punch buttons at once. If you mean utility, yeah basically.

Ex Psycho upper goes through fucking everything, I tell you.

Things are getting realer and realer.

I wish they could upkeep the hype for this game by dropping little things and QoL updates Chen believes gamers don't like a big showing'update/fix, they like constant updates and fixes. Though some disagree because the air of negativity drowns out the good things.

I'd rather they find some way of updating the game and fixing problems while still having enough for the mega launch. I dunno.

MrCarter

Really? I thought most casual gamers would prefer a big huge update rather than a trickle of small ones. At this point of SFV I doubt any of these little updates would make a different to them either to be honest.

Yeah he mentioned that. Casuals would love a huge update. Hardcore guys would love constant fixes. Finding a middle ground, at least throwing a bone to us out here, would be nice. To be fair, that new CFN website is sick. I just want something along those lines every month. Not that intense but still

Yeah he mentioned that. Casuals would love a huge update. Hardcore guys would love constant fixes. Finding a middle ground, at least throwing a bone to us out here, would be nice. To be fair, that new CFN website is sick. I just want something along those lines every month. Not that intense but still

Everybody who hasn't already joined, get your ass in the Discord. Link is below, quote to reveal.

Teh Lurv

Cross post.

Suprised to see ARMS having better legs than Tekken 7 at NPD. I can understand Injustass as it's DC but a new IP performing better than somewhat a popular one is very impressive.

The Switch library is still pretty limited. There isn't a lot of competing retail titles to entice players once they get tired of Zelda/Mario Kart.

Teh Lurv

What Capcom should do is roll out regular updates/fixes in a low-key way that only their core fans would notice and appreciate, then a couple months or a year later, wrap everything up and re-release it with some extra mode like arcade in a new edition to catch the casual/new player interest.

Sol how the hell do you punish Ed when he does his full screen punch move? At best it's a guessing game?
What Turb said. The startup is long and distinct enough that you can neutral jump/back jump and even punish it. It also has hefty recovery time as well.

At best, they did the move and you punished. At worst, they didn't do it and THEY can't punish your jump in time.

Marvel

could never
I was counting on the dp attempt lol, dude was pretty damn good actually for a super silver he did beat me once.

sixghost

Edit: Vega too? Guys pls.

I think Vega's VTrigger is awesome. In a pinch it can be used to get you out of the corner, it's easy to buffer behind a Cr/St.MP poke, it's the easiest super confirm in the game, it's a decent anti-air, and it can punish fireballs from pretty far away. It's one of my favorite parts about the character,

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Seeing that Capcom actually responded to complaints and improved Chun-Li and Chris in MVCI, it gives a glimmer of hope that Ken's face will be addressed in some future update.

Did SFIV have any model improvements over its iterations?

This doesn't seem like something an insider would have info about but if there's any chance for character model changes, give me a sign! (Or just answer in the Discord).

nded

Did SFIV have any model improvements over its iterations?

They got better at making character models over time, but I don't think they ever went back to fix old ones. There's all sorts of weird overlooked stuff in USFIV like Blanka's chest hair popping in and out as he breathes and Elena's skin not being able to have shadows cast on it.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Ken's face isn't a problem with the model. it's a problem with the lighting.
Even under the best conditions Ken's face is some of the weakest work in the game. Maybe the hair is part of the problem because it can look real dumb in close-ups.

I don't expect them to replace the model but different posing on the char select screen could go a long way.

What if the reason they never fixed Ken's pose is because they knew they were gonna scrap the vanilla CSS anyway?

Yes that's a tease.

Top Bottom