• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
WoitVXo.png

Developer: Digital Extremes
Platform: PC, PS4, Xbox One
Price: Free to Play
Genre: Third Person Shooter, Loot-based.
# of Players: Up to 4 player squads.

About:
Warframe is a Free-To-Play, third person, sci-fi shooter. Since its launch in March 2013, the game has been under continuous development, with 20 major content updates and numerous smaller updates since release. All free.

Warframe is a third person, objective-based, loot driven shooter. Players collect materials and weapon upgrades (called "Mods") as they complete missions and progress through a map of the solar system. Players may harness the powers of their Warframe and weapons in order to clear hordes of enemies in the PvE maps, or against each other in the specialized PvP mode. Players also have access to public spaces known as Relays where they may interact with each other, trade, or practice their skills.

Warframe's Mod system allows for players to customize the various aspects of their equipment, which comes with 8-10 slots for the card-like mods that can be upgraded as the player progresses through the game. Character mods include things like enhanced health, damage resistances, and ability modifications. Weapon mods are typically focused on damage types, but can also include silent firing, magazine changes, and unique effects during battle.

Where to Get!:
Warframe.com
Warframe Steam Page
Please note: The Steam version is required if you want access to Steam Workshop community created content, also known as Tennogen. These are purely cosmetic additions and have no impact on gameplay.

Useful Links:
Warframe Forums.
Warframe Steam Community.
Warframe Wiki. This is an extremely useful, detailed, and well maintained wiki, and is even used by the developers for quickly referencing details.
r/Warframe's Exhaustive Beginner Guide. Also good for returning players.
DapperMuffin's Warframe Handbook (Google Docs). Covers everything you'll need to know, top to bottom. Reading the introduction is recommended for new players.

Alert Notification:
Twitter
Facebook
RSS

AZ2QrRF.png

Playing on the PS4 and looking for a clan invite? Head over to the PS4 OT!

Last edited:

i-Lo

To me, it is one of best and organic looking games to date. I think it all comes down the lighting. Here's me hoping you guys who play the game on a decent rig will post screens from time to time.

It's been a long time coming for this game. The original Dark Sector reborn.

Oh and one more thing pertaining to visual, turn that god damn physX down. The particles look unnatural like being coalesced into strands of noodles (much like when the original behind the scene developer vid of UE4 was shown).

spuit*11

Banned
I fondly remember the original Dark Sector trailer. The finished product didn't really have anything to do with it but this looks more like it.

Keasar

It was pretty okay, what irked me the most though was the prices in their in-game shop. WAAAAY too high for being a PVE CO-OP centered game.

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
I'll give it a shot. It could evolve into something really interesting.

I knew this shit looked familiar.

What is this some kinda weird offshoot of Dark Sector?

I remember reading an interview with a developer of this game where he said that Warframe is a more realized version of their original vision for Dark Sector than Dark Sector turned out to be.

If you liked parts of Dark Sector or liked that original concept for Dark Sector, I'd give this a shot.

Edit: Beaten, with a link to boot!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Really fun game to actually play but I'm not sure of the pay model yet. I've heard it's very much either pay for some things or do a looooooooooot of grinding, like catalysts to double your suit/weapon power etc. It's not PvP so it doesn't matter too much but I haven't really dug deep into the game to see how much you can do without paying yet.

Has native 360 controller support as well though it doesn't let you control the menu with it and it doesn't flash up 360 buttons whilst playing. You also need to be at the mouse/keyboard for unlocking doors etc. Would be nice if they completely fixed that up as it's a fun game to kick back too and just play. Sort of thing I enjoy putting on between other games for a bit.

Coconut

Banned
The weapon designs in this game look terrible. Actually all of this game looks bad. Does it play well I missed my chance to get into the closed beta, it looks like the Mass Effect Multiplayer.

dot

Wow, seems they added a lot of stuff for this update.

Took a break from this game for a month, time to jump back in!

jdl

Banned
They've got some serious character artists up at Digital Extremes.

I would kill to work on a full budget game set in this world.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I like it, but I was bummed when I logged in after the big update. They changed the gamepad controls in a way that makes it nearly unplayable, and I can't find where to change them back. They were perfect before. I also preferred the old style of weapon mods and upgrades.

I'm sure I'll give it another shot again before too long. The last time I played it left a bad taste in my mouth, though.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I like it, but I was bummed when I logged in after the big update. They changed the gamepad controls in a way that makes it nearly unplayable, and I can't find where to change them back. They were perfect before. I also preferred the old style of weapon mods and upgrades.

I'm sure I'll give it another shot again before too long. The last time I played it left a bad taste in my mouth, though.

How did the controls work before on the controller ? I've been playing with the new scheme (never played it before the update) and been having lots of fun. However it's annoying as I can't select Gear like store bought ammo reloads etc. You press a direction on the dpad and it brings up the window and you then need to use the mouse to click on it.

It's pretty unintuitive in a few ways at the minute but still works pretty well I've found. Still needs work though.

FloatOn

I kept on getting this "NAT is strict forward ports message last night" I did and the message persisted. I turned off PnP in the game and a friend was able to add me and play with me fine. What gives?

I enjoyed the game though. Tough going in the beginning.

RealityExists is my name in the game if any of you want to play.

K.Sabot

I've found this game very fun during the closed beta.

So much so that I dropped $50 onto it. I'm really happy to see very tangible change coming to this game, especially at such a rapid pace.

The character designs strike me as somewhat similar to the PSP Rengoku games. No complaints! Love the strange semi-biomechanical sleekness going on.

FloatOn

I think the initial "wow, a 3rd person action co op game with loot! sounds like my dream game" is starting to subside and monotony is starting to set in. I'm going to play through the rest of the first set of levels to decide if I want to shelf it or not.

Looking over the market it seems like the stuff you earn could take a potentially very long time to grind out. How often does platinum drop in the game?

Do any of the weapons really make that much of a difference gameplay wise?

Do the enemies/bosses get more varied later on?

Basically, I want to know at what point does the game become good?

Everything seems solid enough, I just want to know if it becomes more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom