• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age 3 details leak through survey [Up: Lots of info/character art]

Aaron

"I have nothing to highlight"

The Mage/Templar stuff was awful in DA2.
It was awful in the original Dragon Age. I'm not sure why they keep beating that drum because it's incredibly predictable and boring. It doesn't make for an epic adventure.

Well, the blurb on the plot sounds a lot like the sort of thing you'd see on the back of the box or something.

For comparison's sake, this is what BioWare came up with and still has on their website for describing Dragon Age 2:

Experience the epic sequel to the 2009 Game of the Year from the critically acclaimed makers of Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2. You are one of the few who escaped the destruction of your home. Now, forced to fight for survival in an ever-changing world, you must gather the deadliest of allies, amass fame and fortune, and seal your place in history. This is the story of how the world changed forever. The legend of your Rise to Power begins now.

Key Features:

Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.

So yeah...none of the above really applied to Dragon Age 2.

Sentenza

I still didn't mind Dragon Age 2.
My biggest gripe was that you were in that damn city (with a few other areas)
The ENTIRE game.
Well, it's the opposite for me.
I couldn't care less to play the entire game in a single area, as far as it's reasonably detailed and diversified.
Worst offenders for me were the unacceptable amount of recycled content and what I would generally call some terribad encounter design.

EDIT: Oh, and atrocious fetch quests.

What it should be:

-An epic tale of personal power where you as a PC imposes your will across all of Ferelden

What it will be:

-a. you kill the bad guy b. you die killing the bad guy c. your party member dies killing the bad guy

vareon

I still didn't mind Dragon Age 2.
My biggest gripe was that you were in that damn city (with a few other areas)
The ENTIRE game.

The characters and stuff though were good as always.
Well asde from Fenris

It's good enough if the city itself is interesting.

It is not.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
the fact that they focus test the story and characters is enough for me to skip the game.

bye!

GlassBox

Banned
I bet you even if this is "fake", it'll still be better than whatever BioWare can eventually write up.

Seriously, the team has ZERO writing talent. The original Dragon Age was hailed as "unique" and "gritty" like "A Song of Ice and Fire for gaming". But really, it was just another human/elf/dwarf generic kingdoms, generic BioWare sidekicks, generic enemies, generic villain, add a superfluously bloody coat of paint and the most hilariously written "romance/mature/sex" scenes and there you have it.

I never played DA2, but I hear it wasn't any better. And well, Mass Effect 3...yeah..

the fact that they focus test the story and characters is enough for me to skip the game.

bye!
Companies that do this deserve to be ruined.

Goldmund

Stout men and women struggle to recover candy that they dropped on the floor, it doesn't surprise me they have trouble reclaiming their nation.

I bet you even if this is "fake", it'll still be better than whatever BioWare can eventually write up.

Seriously, the team has ZERO writing talent. The original Dragon Age was hailed as "unique" and "gritty" like "A Song of Ice and Fire for gaming". But really, it was just another human/elf/dwarf generic kingdoms, generic enemies, generic villain, plus a bloody coat and the most hilariously written "romance/mature/sex" scenes.

I never played DA2, but I hear it wasn't any better. And well, Mass Effect 3...yeah..

I used to think BioWare peeps were trying to "out-ridiculous" each other with the sex scenes.

Now I know better.

Loved the first one to death, stayed away from the 2nd one like the plague, so hoping this one is as good if not better then the first, key word, hoping.

ITT: We bitch about DA2 rather than discuss the topic at hand.

On topic: Orlais is expected as is the strife caused by the war. The attack on the Chantry seems possibly? linked to the events in the DA movie. Cassandra as MC or party member seems likely.

If you're not just some random dude or dudette in Cassandra's hunting party, that's a missed opportunity.

This is all moot, however, as anyone that actually likes DA3 will most likely be labeled a plant, a troll, or an idiot by MajoriGAF.

Oh, or an Enemy of Gaming. Those are always good ones.

s7evn

ITT: We bitch about DA2 rather than discuss the topic at hand.
You're damn right! The game was just so mediocre. I still enjoyed it, but not as much as the first (that formula just clicks for some reason). Maybe I'll tire of the bioware formula if I play another one of their games.

If you're not just some random dude or dudette in Cassandra's hunting party, that's a missed opportunity.

This is all moot, however, as anyone that actually likes DA3 will most likely be labeled a plant, a troll, or an idiot by MajoriGAF.

Oh, or an Enemy of Gaming. Those are always good ones.

Ooh, are there names for the people who get on the cross immediately and with no provocation at the drop of a hat?

Because that seems useful right now.

daoster

I thought they claimed "Hawke" was going to be this world's Shepard, and that his story wasn't finished? Or did they want to erase the taste of DA2 from everybody's mouth before going back...

Edgeward

I did not expect the Inquisition.

I didn't really like the Mage/Templar stuff of before but that was more because of how it was handled. I don't really need a Blight like problem again but having Darkspawn as the main antagonist would be great.

Be real swell if it took mostly in Orlais or see a great deal of it and not treat it like Harmonia in Suikoden where we see almost nothing of it yet is constantly referenced.

I did not expect the Inquisition.

I didn't really like the Mage/Templar stuff of before but that was more because of how it was handled. I don't really need a Blight like problem again but having Darkspawn as the main antagonist would be great.

Be real swell if it took mostly in Orlais or see a great deal of it and not treat it like Harmonia in Suikoden where we see almost nothing of it yet is constantly referenced.

I see what you did there.

And I agree, there needs to be more focus on the Darkspawn. They lost that thread a bit, though I understood the desire to make the Qunari an antagonist.

They are not focus testing the story, they are focus testing what to highlight of the game's story when they market the game.

All companies do this. It's not new.

Top Bottom