• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront will be at E3

Nev

Banned
I don't think you shouldn't get too excited for this game.

It's EA and DICE again, remember what's going on with Battlefield 3 and 4? Incredibly rushed and therefore buggy games, insulting amount of overpriced DLC (shitty subscriptions, maps as DLC, weapons as DLC etc), shitty online stability, lack of content... I mean, if someone is hoping this game to have not more, but even the same content as Battlefront 2 is off to a great disappointment.

I would be excited for a Battlefront reboot six or seven years ago. Nowadays, with the way online games are treated (especially with EA), I'm definitely not going to set myself up for disappointment.

Hell. Yes. EASILY my most anticipated title for PS4.

I don't think you should get too excited for this game.

It's EA and DICE again, remember what's going on with Battlefield 3 and 4? Incredibly rushed and therefore buggy games, insulting amount of overpriced DLC (shitty subscriptions, maps as DLC, weapons as DLC etc), shitty online stability, lack of content... I mean, if someone is hoping this game to have not more, but even the same content as Battlefront 2 is off to a great disappointment.

I would be excited for a Battlefront reboot six or seven years ago. Nowadays, with the way online games are treated (especially with EA), I'm definitely not going to set myself up for disappointment.

They won't screw this up. The fans would be LIVID if they fucked it up.

adj_noun

I don't think you should get too excited for this game.

You're probably right, but I can't help it. It's been a looooong Star Wars drought.

Hell. Yes. EASILY my most anticipated title for PS4.

Yeah, it's right up there for me too.

Nokterian

I remain skeptical after the disaster BF4 i will sit this one out and watch from distance if there going to screw it up or stay true what Battlefront really means.

As long as it looks and plays like a Battlefront game and not Star Wars Battlefield, then all should be fine. I want third-person as the primary with first-person as an option for those that want it. Please don't mess this up, DICE.

Experien

Wasn't Battlefront shown at last E3? I feel like we will probably see a new teaser and lucky if we see a staged/faked gameplay segment.

Sami+

It's been confirmed to come somewhere between Summer and Winter 2015.

Considering it was at the very least in the planning phase last year, that's plenty of time. Two whole years at least.

Surely with that much time to prepare they should be fine?

But this game (Star Wars) has hardcore fans who don't want there crap messed with.

Star Wars games have ranged from mediocre to shit for ages now though...

Yup. Anything released from here on out with official Star Wars branding will be considered canon.

Just because it's coming out now doesn't mean it will be canon. Many video games were released for Star Wars that were clearly not canon, especially when they let players redo major events in completely new ways. They are just, games, using the Star Wars setting.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
PLEASE BE GOOD PLEASE BE GOOD PLEASE BE GOOD PLEASE BE GOOD PLEASE BE GOOD PLEASE BE GOOD PLEASE BE GOOD PLEASE BE GOOD
PLEASE BE GOOD PLEASE BE GOOD PLEASE BE GOOD PLEASE BE GOOD PLEASE BE GOOD PLEASE BE GOOD PLEASE BE GOOD PLEASE BE GOOD

MattyG

Banned
Just because it's coming out now doesn't mean it will be canon. Many video games were released for Star Wars that were clearly not canon, especially when they let players redo major events in completely new ways. They are just, games, using the Star Wars setting.
My understanding from what Disney has said is that anything released from now on, be it TV, books or games, will be considered canon. Every EU story released before now is null and void.

So of course, if they do major events like the Battle of Hoth and Endor, then it's just redoing major events that are already canon, like you said. But I believe that if they decided to do new and unique stories (assuming there is a story mode) that take place between VI and VII, they need to be sanctioned by Disney and will be canon. Don't quote me on that, but that's the way Disney has made it sound.

Which is exactly why I won't consider going near until there's a few months worth of feedback from gamers. It worked for BF4, it will work for this.

Im not sure why people get hyped for stuff thats clearly not coming out for some time. Same with the kh3 announcement. We knew it was coming eventually but people went crazy over it. Earliest we're seeing that game is late 2015.

Renekton

Hope they don't trash what made the series great. Please have instant action and galactic conquest mode. I have so many suggestions I want to send them
I don't remember the original series being that great in the first place, including the derpy jedi AIs.

So it's not hard to improve on the series, especially with DICE's unrivalled sandbox battlefield experience.

FeiRR

Banned
how is it coming along very well? didn't they stop all projects while they fix bf4?

must have just been some PR bullshit by dice.

They said that about BF DLC and even that wasn't true. Anyway, they consider it fixed now, they started selling servers to console players. And in fact it is fixed now with some problems returning to some servers in times of the highest load.

So they're just going to show a bunch of games that are WAY off? Why?
As long as they are clear that the games are still far from release, why not? Its the people who don't understand that, and think that just because a game is shown off that it should be out next week, that cause the problem. I would love games to show off little teases during development. I wish it didn't need to be at a big event like E3 but still I'd rather see something no matter how small, then nothing.

Chindogg

I'm so excited to be absurdly disappointed when its yet another buggy clusterfuck that pales in comparison to previous iterations.

Yeah I'm jaded, but BF3 and 4 have made it that way for me.

GOTY 2015 contender right here.
HYPE

Don't do this. You'll only be setting yourself up for disappointment.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Have you never watched E3 before? Besides Nintendo, who usually only shows things super close to release, everyone is all about empty promises. Hell, last year we were told Halo 5 was coming this year.

Besides Nintendo? Yeah, when did they announce Mariokart, Smash Bros, X, and Fire Emblem for Wii U? Sorry, but Nintendo is just as guiilty as anyone else.

many Bothans died to bring us this SHOCKING NEWS

That (technically) first post! I want this to be awesome... I love the series... been seriously thinking of picking up the last one released on PSP to play on Vita (oh god I hope it's even available!)

(edit) It's not... sad face.

G_Berry

Banned
Asked how Star Wars games are progressing, if we will hear about them at E3, ect

Answer: "Battlefront coming along very well, Frostbite 3 has meant team can iterate and drive innovation with high quality. Plan to show more of it at E3 this year, but lots of work to go"
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHNNNNGHGHGHGGGGGGGGGGGNNNNNNNNBBBBGGGGGARRRRRRRBBBBBBLLLLLEEEE3ENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGZZZZZZOOOOOOMNMGNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGBBQ

Top Bottom