• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Azumanga Daioh 4

jeuJIXSIO3d6L_e.jpg

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~

Also, Osaka's reaction to Sakaki's huge breasts is gold. "American! There's an American among us!" :lol :lol

I don't remember there being any severe discrepancies. The effects of time dilation depends on the speed and distance traveled. If you travel at slower speeds less time will have passed for the observer on Earth (or at the space station). They sorta addressed this in one of the science lesson episodes: http://www.toponeraegunbuster.com/media/gunbuster-science-lesson02.mov

The time dilatation should occur in case of travelling faster than light. There is no reason for time to be dilated at or below the speed of light, which is the case here. But even if for the need of the show it appears, at least they could be consistent with what they said.

Theonik

Golden Boy 03 (ENG)
This was a pretty badass episode for this series. I really quite liked it. It contrasted the other 2 I've seen so far quite a lot too.

Uchip

Banned
Why is that bad?

it further promotes casual use of the word "depression" as a placeholder for anything that doesn't feel good.
(im talking about the users who stop by to post about their bad day, or how their girlfriend dumped them, not the regulars)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The time dilatation should occur in case of travelling faster than light. There is no reason for time to be dilated at or below the speed of light, which is the case here. But even if for the need of the show it appears, at least they could be consistent with what they said.
Except for the fact that nothing can travel faster than light. You are conflating terms here.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry

D:

I think you should read some books - no offense to you to whatsoever.

For quick reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation

Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. Time dilation occurs at any point that two subjects are moving at different speeds. It even occurs when you fly on an airplane. The faster you go, the slower time moves for you relative to an observer. The faster you go, the faster time speeds up for you compared to the observer's. You could leave Earth and travel near the speed of light for a short period of time, and return to Earth where everyone would be much older (or dead). You would be the same age. This is real shit. A great and easily accessible book to pick up would be Hawking's Universe in a Nutshell. You could also just watch Cosmos episode 8.

D:

I think you should read some books - no offense to you to whatsoever.

For quick reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation

Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. Time dilation occurs at any point that two subjects are moving at different speeds. It even occurs when you fly on an airplane. The faster you go, the slower time moves for you relative to an observer. The faster you go, the faster time speeds up for you compared to the observer's. You could leave Earth and travel near the speed of light for a short period of time, and return to Earth where everyone would be much older (or dead). You would be the same age. This is real shit. A great and easily accessible book to pick up would be Hawking's Universe in a Nutshell. You could also just watch Cosmos episode 8.

OK I'll read.

cajunator

Banned
Man, I loved NHK. Back when it came out it actually forced me to take a look at my life and the path I was on and start working towards improving my life.

I love it too, but not so much because I can identify with it but more because I found it to be a quite fascinating phenomenon that the anime was willing to bare down to gritty details.

until its been deemed good I dont feel like watching
all I saw was fanservice gifs so thats the impression I got about its priorities

Im stuck in a worse situation than Sato, being that I had girls try to help me through my situation, but im too messed up to care :)
I did appreciate that it was very relateable for the most part.

I cant say I relate to Sato at all.
Maybe the other guy since I definitely got bitten by the otaku bug and support my hobbies with my job.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
If you go faster than time (= time dilatation as you called it) then you are travelling in time. Though you can only travel in the future

You don't go faster than time. Time is relative. It's something we observe, but it also has a tangible effect. You can only travel forward in time (not backwards), but the observations between two objects can change because time is related to speed and distance. When two objects travel at two different speeds, the effects of time work differently on each object. The Universe is a weird place dude, but this is science. I'm a nerd for hard-science in my entertainment. This is one of the reasons why Gunbuster appeals to me so much.

You don't go faster than time. Time is relative. It's something we observe, but it also has a tangible effect. You can only travel forward in time (not backwards), but the observations between two objects can change because time is related to speed and distance. When two objects travel at two different speeds, the effects of time work differently on each object. The Universe is a weird place dude, but this is science. I'm a nerd for hard-science in my entertainment. This is one of the reasons why Gunbuster appeals to me so much.

I read the article you linked me. (Well the most relevant part at least for me to understand the problem).

I have to say that it really is mind-blowing.

Well I guess I gotta learn more science before firing that again:
Science, how does it work?

Thank you for the links, I'll watch them this evening, when I finish work.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I read the article you linked me. (Well the most relevant part at least for me to understand the problem).

Thank you for the links, I'll watch them this evening, when I finish work.
Don't feel bad about it. It's nice to talk about physics for once in here instead of hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnghs and the death of animu.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry

Watch this short and entertaining snippet from episode 8 of Cosmos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc4OgBCKmV8

Of course it doesn't get into the super technical aspects, but it's explanatory none the less. :D

SCIENCE MOTHER FUCKERS!!

Don't feel bad about it. It's nice to talk about physics for once in here instead of hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnghs and the death of animu.

I feel bad because I DID study science. Though I studied more mathematics than physics and didn't get into that level of physic classes, I still thought I knew tiny bits of things.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I feel bad because I DID study science. Though I studied more mathematics than physics and didn't get into that level of physic classes, I still thought I knew tiny bits of things.
Relearning stuff should not be looked down upon. Knowledge is the biggest adventure you can have!
Watch this short and entertaining snippet from episode 8 of Cosmos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc4OgBCKmV8

Of course it doesn't get into the super technical aspects, but it's explanatory none the less. :D

SCIENCE MOTHER FUCKERS!!
Dammit Extollere that was the video I was looking for!
Please describe in n-space the mathematical curve of point x on this bouncing boob gif
We shall call this effect the asynchronous :chet wave/particle duality.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
One Piece - 577

I know Shuzo threw a tracking device on the log tied to the Sunny during their escape, but to reach them so quickly after they used a full power Coup de Burst is ridiculous. :lol

Cardfight!! Vanguard 50
tumblr_mh22juJfpc1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The feeling when Kai
says FINAL TURN
was so good. Ive been waiting so long for it, just that moment captures so many of my feelings about Cardfight!! Vanguard. Really good duel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom