• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

walei

Ideally switch to a third party reseller ISP like Teksavvy for the better plans. If they're stuck with Rogers for some reason, then the best you can do is try to negotiate with them.

Thanks I'll definitely get one of those when I get my own place... but in the meantime I'm not sure my parents will be happy with me messing with their "trusted services". They also get cable TV from Rogers I think...

Fuck the new Presto gates. Swiped my metropass twice. It was accepted but the gates wouldn't open. It was on the side of High Park that has no attendant either. I just slide through the gate like a thief and caught the subway.

jokkir

Oh look, it's my photo!

u5pWNHk.jpg

Also, I'm going ramen later. Where should I go? Sansotei, Isshin, Kyouka, and maybe Santouka is out of the considerations (friend and I trying ramen spots together even though I ate at all the good ones before)

dluu13

Oh look, it's my photo!

u5pWNHk.jpg

Also, I'm going ramen later. Where should I go? Sansotei, Isshin, Kyouka, and maybe Santouka is out of the considerations (friend and I trying ramen spots together even though I ate at all the good ones before)

Aw man I didn't even know there were fireworks.

Do they credit you?

thabiz

Fuck the new Presto gates. Swiped my metropass twice. It was accepted but the gates wouldn't open. It was on the side of High Park that has no attendant either. I just slide through the gate like a thief and caught the subway.

My new favorite is when you need to use the card kisok to refill the card and it's in query mode. So you wander down to the next stop and low and behold the whole system is in query mode.

Such a garbage implementation this was.

hakata shoryuken is the only correct response

to me it's better than all those anyway

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
hakata shoryuken is the only correct response

to me it's better than all those anyway
I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

The big difference I noticed from here and Japan though is that their broth is really rich. Though that can happen when you can add a block of butter to it for extra money...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just craving for some Malaysian food and just wondering if anyone here try out Soos restaurant at 94 Ossington Ave and your option of the food. Also, wondering if anyone want to join in with me to try out this restaurant for fun (my crew bail out of me last minute and still want to go into the restaurant to try it out).
I never knew the place existed. I'd be interested to hear about the laksa and the murtabak if you go. It looks really pricey though.
There was a Malaysian place at Spadina's Chinatown a few years ago that has long gone, sadly.

Thanks I'll definitely get one of those when I get my own place... but in the meantime I'm not sure my parents will be happy with me messing with their "trusted services". They also get cable TV from Rogers I think...
You could see if there's some negotiation in terms of a bundle deal to get more speed/higher caps for around the same price if nothing else.

I have a really good sister. She bought me some nice clothes for my birthday. Now I have to up the ante from getting her gift cards for her's now that we both have disposable incomes.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I have a really good sister. She bought me some nice clothes for my birthday. Now I have to up the ante from getting her gift cards for her's now that we both have disposable incomes.

Happy Birthday!

Since May is just about over, are we going to try for a June meetup?

gabbo

Happy Birthday!

Since May is just about over, are we going to try for a June meetup?
I think that's for the best at this point.
Also happy birthday chaobreaker! Im glad my brothers didnt do that for me on monday. Would make it hard to live up for theirs. They make more than me. Thankfully games and comics are what we usually ask for.

explodet

The six-alarm fire on Cherry St. blew smoke into my building, woke me up at 5am wondering if the place was burning down.

No injuries reported, thankfully.

Anyone else live in a building that uses freight elevators for their car garage as opposed to a ramp?

Seems like a terrible idea. Both elevators went down in my building today.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Any of you fine folk have an iPod touch 4th Gen on iOS 6.1.6 willing to test something for me?

Who the hell even has these things anymore... 😢

gabbo

Just your average commute home from work where the TTC bus driver abandons the bus at Bayview and Yorkmills so he can run across traffic to get on a 122 going the other direction. Yep, average Thursday... Dont think that'll be in the ad campaign

Didn't know any buildings in Toronto had freight elevators for parking garages.

Yup. My new building does. Haven't seen this before. I don't have a parking spot so I don't use it but I did get the alert today when both of them went down. Took several hours to fix.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else live in a building that uses freight elevators for their car garage as opposed to a ramp?

Seems like a terrible idea. Both elevators went down in my building today.

This sounds like the worst idea ever. For exactly this reason.

Also what happens if there is a power outage?

explodet

I thought this city had enough problems with elevators for humans. With all the highrises being built, there's a shortage of qualified elevator technicians in this town.

Adding elevators for cars to the volume seems misguided.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I thought this city had enough problems with elevators for humans. With all the highrises being built, there's a shortage of qualified elevator technicians in this town.

That's a manufactured shortage.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

My building is old and it seems like one of my elevators breaks down once a month.

Hello TO-GAFers!

Didn't realize we had a thread going

Welcome!

Yup. I was in a building previously that had an elevator that didn't work for about four months. It actually made the news.

I have been in other buildings were elevator repairs happen in 48 hours.

I'm not sure what the reason is either.

explodet

Yup. I was in a building previously that had an elevator that didn't work for about four months. It actually made the news.

I have been in other buildings were elevator repairs happen in 48 hours.

I'm not sure what the reason is either.
Yeah, I believe it.
Still means 1 out of the 4 elevators in my building want to play the milkshake game with me.

jokkir

The elevator at my workplace is broke. If it gets to the top floor and no one presses another floor when getting off, it gets stuck up there until it picks up someone from the floors below. I spent one time waiting for 5 minutes only to realize the elevator was stuck on my floor.

And it also randomly spazzes out when going down. Last time, the elevator was on the 4th floor, then said Basement, then 3, then 1, then B, then back to 1. Shit's broke, man.

Just your average commute home from work where the TTC bus driver abandons the bus at Bayview and Yorkmills so he can run across traffic to get on a 122 going the other direction. Yep, average Thursday... Dont think that'll be in the ad campaign
It's only appropriate that the bus driver abandons a bus full of passengers so he can get home.

Sour beer update:
We now have Duchesse de Bourgogne, a Flanders red ale (ala Rodenbach).

Also of note:
We got two Brett IPAs this week (one from Beau's, and another from Stone, and the Stone price is literally double because LOL). The one from Beau's is called Infinity Mirror, the first from a new startup project within the company (Halcyon Barrel House) that will be releasing sours in the future.

I haven't tried any of these yet (I'm prepping for another WSET exam, so it's been nothing but wine lately for me), but I'll report back soon.

And for the bourbon lovers out there:
Sazerac Rye and Blanton's Single Barrel Special Reserve were released today and not many people showed up so hey we still have some. Quite a bit of the Sazerac Rye still kicking around, not much of the Blanton's left but still a decent mount. Take a stroll on down tomorrow if you want some (or up; Richmond Hill has a lot, too).

Random question: where do you guys do your grocery shopping? I kind of hate Metro and always leave feeling grumpy. Just poorly laid out, way too crowded at the Yonge/Eglinton location, some of the workers just straight-up rude. Meanwhile Soebys and Loblaws are more expensive but way more chill and I don't leave with a headache. Haven't found a good happy medium, though.

Random question: where do you guys do your grocery shopping? I kind of hate Metro and always leave feeling grumpy. Just poorly laid out, way too crowded at the Yonge/Eglinton location, some of the workers just straight-up rude. Meanwhile Soebys and Loblaws are more expensive but way more chill and I don't leave with a headache. Haven't found a good happy medium, though.

I have a Sobey's literally a couple minutes drive from my house, so I happen to do my grocery shopping there often. I don't like the fact that it is no longer a 24/7 operation, but 7am till 12am is still pretty good(there is something rather tranquil about doing shopping around 1-2am in the morning every once in a while though).

Aside from that, I get most of my bulk options from Costco, and will go to No Frills, Food Basics or Loblaws depending on whether there is a good sale on.

Fuck Fortinos, though.

thabiz

Infinity mirror is the best Beau's beer period. They should have released it under their own name instead. Lol. Had two last night and it's stellar.

Duchesses is super vinegary so be forewarned, but its a decent sour. I'd take a Jacobson or a cuvee Rene instead if I was grabbing a sour from the LC.

I'll still go to blood brothers or bellwoods for a sour tho. A million times better than anything you'll find at the LCBO.

Top Bottom