• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 runs no systems :-/

I got lucky with the systems and got it in 4 runs. The chasis has a lower drop chance than the systems though, I'm nearing 20 runs with no luck.

I've kinda given up for now and I'm going for Nidus instead, 4 runs, 2 nidus chasis' so the luck is not much better there.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
16 runs no systems :-/

I got the neuro and systems randomly while just playing the game before I even knew how Ivara was obtained.

Then after I decided to make a serious go at it, it took me something like 4+ hours and countless runs to get the chassis off Jupiter.

After that debacle, I steeled myself for another epic farm fest on Neptune... and got the BP on the first run.

RNG, man.

goblin

Mod info.

Just want to add a list of some basic but important mods so you know what to look for. If you're in a clan you can probably just ask for any you're missing and get them for free, since a lot of people have duplicates. Asking in region chat could work, too.

Rifles:
Cryo Rounds (cold)
Stormbringer (electricity)
Hellfire (heat)
Infected Clip (toxin)
Split Chamber (multishot)
Point Strike (crit chance)
Vital Sense (crit damage)

Shotguns:
Chilling Grasp (cold)
Charged Shell (electricity)
Incendiary Coat (heat)
Contagious Spread (toxin)
Hell's Chamber (multishot)
Blunderbuss (crit chance)
Ravage (crit damage)

Secondaries:
Deep Freeze (cold)
Convulsion (electricity)
Heated Charge (heat)
Pathogen Rounds (toxin)
Barrel Diffusion (multishot)
Pistol Gambit (crit chance)
Target Cracker (crit damage)

Melee:
North Wind (cold)
Shocking Touch (electricity)
Molten Impact (heat)
Fever Strike (toxin)
Fury (attack speed)
True Steel (crit chance)
Organ Shatter (crit damage)

Warframe mods:
Vitality (+health)
Redirection (+shields)
Continuity (+power duration)
Flow (+max energy)
Intensify (+power strength)
Streamline (+power efficiency)
Stretch (+power range)

Some of the mods on this list are a bit rarer than others -- the multishot series, Vital Sense, Ravage, Continuity, Flow, Intensify and Streamline -- but it shouldn't be too hard to find people with extras.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've got some extra mods if any new players is missing any. Most damage mods, at least 2 dupes of every multishot, etc. Just ask or send me a whisper @LiQuitas I can probably help you out. I had a hard time getting Stormbringer and Pathogen Rounds, and I had to pay someone 5p for Barrel Diffusion. Now I've got extras of all of em.

Keep in mind in order to make the best use of mods, it's a pretty significant investment, not just in leveling up the mods (which can take millions of credits and 40k+ endo in some cases), but also in putting a Catalyst and potentially a half dozen forma into a single gun to max it out. So just having something like Barrel Diffusion for a non-catalyzed, non-forma'd gun is going to be a lot less worthwhile than just adding another 90% elemental mod for the amount of damage:capacity ratio it requires.

Started playing this again the past couple days after being away for a few years. There's so much stuff now, I don't really know what to focus on...

Could I get an invite to the GAF clan? In-game name is Codeacious.

LiQuid!

Started playing this again the past couple days after being away for a few years. There's so much stuff now, I don't really know what to focus on...

Could I get an invite to the GAF clan? In-game name is Codeacious.

Not sure how far you've gotten but when in doubt just progress thru the star chart.

Check the quest codex to see if they've added new quests for you to do (you might need to progress thru the planet's junctions to unlock some of them)

Set a goal, like I want to get x warframe or y weapon and work your way towards farming it up (once you get in the GAF clan you can get some taxi help if needed).

If you want to make a grip of platinum get on that relic farm.

Invite should be waiting for you.

Down to 5 spots left in the clan now. I thought we'd have plenty of room for a long time, going up to Storm. Interest in Warframe has really shot up in general. I wonder what kind of numbers DE has been seeing.

Yeah, I'm honestly shocked how quick the clan filled! It only took 4 years, but my baby clan has finally grown up *wipes tear*

However... the thought of having to going up another tier worries me.

LiQuid!

I blame Giant Bomb running it on their UPF show about a month ago for getting me in, personally. The guy that was running it is a massive tool and did nothing but shit talk it the entire time he played it but just seeing it in motion again after like 2+ years since I last gave it a try sparked my interest enough to give it another chance. This was the time I finally "got it." I'd say it was the updated movement that hooked me but if I'm being honest it was mostly just the addition of a sick cape which I purchased day 1.

LiQuid!

I still can't beat the spy room on Lua where you need to wall latch. Impossible as far as I can tell.

I blame Giant Bomb running it on their UPF show about a month ago for getting me in, personally. The guy that was running it is a massive tool and did nothing but shit talk it the entire time he played it but just seeing it in motion again after like 2+ years since I last gave it a try sparked my interest enough to give it another chance. This was the time I finally "got it." I'd say it was the updated movement that hooked me but if I'm being honest it was mostly just the addition of a sick cape which I purchased day 1.

Rorie tried and has been trying to get how the game goes. Actually he often said "I don't know" instead of bullshitting an answer. Brad on the other hand... Jeff was fine, hardly a tool. He spoke on his experiences which might not be in time, but he did preface most of it with saying that he hadn't played it much during that time.

I still can't beat the spy room on Lua where you need to wall latch. Impossible as far as I can tell.

rofl

H3adsh0t I Spy. If the challenge isn't working for you, then go into the future halfway through and then just hop through the hallways to the left until you get to the vault. You'll need to avoid laser traps and drones.

Rorie tried and has been trying to get how the game goes. Actually he often said "I don't know" instead of bullshitting an answer. Brad on the other hand... Jeff was fine, hardly a tool. He spoke on his experiences which might not be in time, but he did preface most of it with saying that he hadn't played it much during that time.

rofl

H3adsh0t I Spy. If the challenge isn't working for you, then go into the future halfway through and then just hop through the hallways to the left until you get to the vault. You'll need to avoid laser traps and drones.

Plus Rorie is right with some of his reactions because hey the game isn't the best in easing new people or people who have been away seeing all these changes.

LiQuid!

Is the MR14 test a joke? All of these tests have been pretty easy since that nightmare MR11 test, but this one in particular was a total farce. I imagine it might have been difficult with an unranked, unmodded frame and a Mk1 Braton, but at MR14, really?

Most of the MR tests are made for the time they were available. MR14 was probably available near the start of Warframe, when damage was done much differently.

goblin

im really liking the lenz.

just need to be out of the way LOL

I put three forma into it and Lenz has quickly become one of my favorite weapons. It's fun to use, looks cool, and is actually effective. Hopefully it doesn't get nerfed!

My only complaint is that sometimes the explosion timing and radius acts weird, something I notice mostly when I'm off-host. I've had instant explosions, no explosions, and self-kills from explosions that looked like they were across the room.

I blame Giant Bomb running it on their UPF show about a month ago for getting me in, personally.

Giant Bomb's the reason I got into Warframe originally. I saw their first Quick Look and liked the aesthetic and DE's work on The Darkness 2, so I gave it a shot early on in open beta. Played it for a couple days and hated it. I didn't think about the game at all again until a couple years later when I saw this Archwing trailer, which looked cool enough that I wanted to try it out. So I dusted off my old Loki, started clearing the starchart, learned how to copter and it was all downhill from there.

Arrrammis

Most stressful things in warframe:
- when the fissure interception mission tells you to kill the remaining enemies and you still need 2 traces
- When an ancient hooks you from across the room and drags you slowly through a sea of poison and other status effects
- When a random follows you into the spy room to "help"

-That 2 second window after you hit yourself with your own Lenz radius, where you're slowed by the effect and can only wait for your inevitable doom. (Normally you can survive by going into operator mode but I run split chamber on mine so it hits me twice for more than enough damage to kill me)

-That 2 second window after you hit yourself with your own Lenz radius, where you're slowed by the effect and can only wait for your inevitable doom. (Normally you can survive by going into operator mode but I run split chamber on mine so it hits me twice for more than enough damage to kill me)

You can also dodge roll out of the explosion radius typically.

LiQuid!

I have killed myself no less than eleven thousand times with my Lenz so far. There's no salvaging this weapon for me. Back into the bin as soon as I max it out.

Not sure how far you've gotten but when in doubt just progress thru the star chart.

Check the quest codex to see if they've added new quests for you to do (you might need to progress thru the planet's junctions to unlock some of them)

Set a goal, like I want to get x warframe or y weapon and work your way towards farming it up (once you get in the GAF clan you can get some taxi help if needed).

If you want to make a grip of platinum get on that relic farm.
I've got the basic gear farm down, since I played a lot a few years ago and managed to pick up a decent amount of gear (Mastery Rank 8 atm). It's all the new resource and quest stuff that's kinda confusing, as those weren't really in the game the last time I played. I've started making some extractors and hopefully I'll figure out where all the new resources are soon.

My main activity at the moment is just going through planets I cleared long ago and finishing the new missions that are there (usually 2-4 per planet).

What's relic farming? How much time should I be devoting to it?

LiQuid!

What's relic farming? How much time should I be devoting to it?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Relic

Relics are how you get prime parts which you can build or sell to other player's for platinum. They drop mostly in endless style quests (defense, interception, survival, etc). Once you have a relic, you do a void fissure mission (little flame icon on the nav map) and when you're done you get an RNG drop from your relic and get to pick between it and any other squad member's opened relic (so you always want to open relics with a full group to increase your odds at getting paid). It's basically the best thing you can do while you don't have anything else to do.

Manzoon

Banned
So I'm a returning player from over a year ago, and there is so much weird stuff going on now. It's taken me a couple of days to wrap my head around all the changes, still don't fully understand where riven mods come from.

I was posting in the PS4 Warframe thread like a dumbass, not realizing there are two threads.

So many new frames to up my mastery, also wow the market prices on primes have crashed hard, with a few standouts. I sold a Glaive Prime and a Sicarus Prime for a lot, and Ember Prime is worth a hilariously huge amount.

I'm still clearing missions, but I did get that Void Relic segment from that one junction.

LiQuid!

So I'm a returning player from over a year ago, and there is so much weird stuff going on now. It's taken me a couple of days to wrap my head around all the changes, still don't fully understand where riven mods come from

There was a new story quest added since you last played called The War Within. After you beat that you get access to sorties which is where Riven mods drop. You also get a Riven from beating the quest itself.

Rafy

OK, I officially hate the Inaros quest. I have not been able to find a single seeker so far...
(yes, I have the vessel equipped)

ViviOggi

OK, I officially hate the Inaros quest. I have not been able to find a single seeker so far...
(yes, I have the vessel equipped)
Hm... the Seeker part really shouldn't be an issue, they show up regularly in almost any endless Grineer mission

Bursas otoh can get pretty damn annoying

Rafy

Hm... the Seeker part really shouldn't be an issue, they show up regularly in almost any endless Grineer mission

Bursas otoh can get pretty damn annoying

Maybe I just need to take a break from all the grinding. I'll try again on Draco in a few hours

Manzoon

Banned
There was a new story quest added since you last played called The War Within. After you beat that you get access to sorties which is where Riven mods drop. You also get a Riven from beating the quest itself.

Thanks, I looked up a bunch of quests, saw that one which gave a riven mod, but didn't realize it unlocked sorties. I finished the Octavia quest last night and I started the Titania one, had no idea it was going to need all of those weird flower scans. Helios has been putting in some work.

goblin

I have killed myself no less than eleven thousand times with my Lenz so far. There's no salvaging this weapon for me. Back into the bin as soon as I max it out.

Don't know if you have Vauban, but Vortex works great with the Lenz if you want to give it another shot. I've been doing a bunch of Hieracon, and you can just throw Vortexes on chokepoints outside a door then stick an arrow onto a nearby surface as soon as you see damage numbers popping out from one.

Just watch out for Frosts dropping bubbles in front of your face when you fire.

I finished the Octavia quest last night and I started the Titania one, had no idea it was going to need all of those weird flower scans. Helios has been putting in some work.

If you've got the Synthesis Scanner widgets from Simaris, I suggest using that when hunting for plant scans instead of Helios. Infinite, faster scanning with a chance for double scans. Really useful for apothics and Kavat gene codes.

Don't know if you have Vauban, but Vortex works great with the Lenz if you want to give it another shot. I've been doing a bunch of Hieracon, and you can just throw Vortexes on chokepoints outside a door then stick an arrow onto a nearby surface as soon as you see damage numbers popping out from one.

You don't even need a vauban or any frame with those abilities (even though they can help) just mark a spot that will have enemies but also far away enough to not get caught since the AOE aspect is the most important part of that bow so you don't have to hit anything directly.

The bold is the main thing to look out for when using it though.

VandalD

While using a Lenz, I found out that you can shoot Kuva. I always thought shots went through. That arrow definitely did not. And now I know.

Manzoon

Banned
If you've got the Synthesis Scanner widgets from Simaris, I suggest using that when hunting for plant scans instead of Helios. Infinite, faster scanning with a chance for double scans. Really useful for apothics and Kavat gene codes.

I've got a few widgets, and I mostly use the Helios because I'm lazy and there is so much new stuff to scan, haha. I did just get a Heliocor from Simaris, so all that rep vanished. Also I need to get more of those Exilus adapters, the only one I have is on my Nova Prime.

So the odds of me leaving the clan I'm in are nil (the emblem me and my buddy have is too good, and we mashed a lot of forma into our dumb dojo!), what is the Alliance situation like with the neogaf clan? I'm entirely ignorant on that kind of stuff. I'd also be fine just adding people to my friends list if you want to do some high level stuff after I get these story missions over and done with. I have a lot of new prime parts to collect now.

Naite

Doing a bunch of relic runs while levelling up my Lenz. Was using Wukong and shooting arrows everywhere without care because of Defy. Then I learned the hard way I had Magnetic somewhere in my build because of stormbringer. =\

LiQuid!

One time I had a shot charged and was shooting thru an open doorway... JUST as lockdown went into effect, slamming the door in front of me and blowing my ass to smithereens. Game is coming up with hilarious new ways for me to kill myself.

Just did 2 relic runs in a row and each had Stalker appear for one of the members. He drops the following:

Hate BP (FUCKING FINALLY :O :O :O)
Despair BP (WAIT WUT?)

Seems RNGGod is finally giving me my due? :D

Manzoon

Banned
That's true lol

Also can someone explain to me why people are doing dark sector excavations for credit runs? wth

I don't know what the history is of the current meta, but when I was looking up changes, and realized I needed a ton of credits to buy all the new crap, Akkad on Eris for 5 waves and extract is between 22k-24k credits a pop. The rail there isn't taking any percentage of drops either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom