• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Thanks for your dedication to Xbox: Here is Killer Instinct for free

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Hopefully they release some type of news story on Xbox Wire explaining who qualifies for this. Also, I wonder if people who get it can upgrade for $20.

It would garner a lot of good will if they just did this for anyone who boots up an Xbox One the week or two after launch. If Sony can give away Resogun and Contrast, Microsoft can give away the $20 version of KI.

wrog

Got one too (150k Gamerscore, Gold for 9 years). Probably will give my code to someone else, I don't like fighting games.

Got this email this morning as well, had no intention of playing KI but now will give it a go. Gold member for 9 yrs, and over 100k gamerscore

Kydd BlaZe

Just got the email as well. Been an XBL Gold member for 7 years, over 100,000 gamerscore, and the highest tier of rewards. Not really sure which of those qualifies me but I'll take a free game for sure!

I just got this email too. My first thought was "wait isn't this Free to Play" but then I realized I get all characters. Pretty nice for when I eventually get an Xbox One!

Darkener2

None for me despite being a long-term Live subscriber. No Xbox One preorder achievement thing though so maybe that's the reason. Nice gesture by them to combat the free PS+ games.

I guess you have to pre-order it from the Microsoft store... :(

Darksol

This is legitimately a nice move on Microsoft's part, although I do have to wonder how sales are doing for them to be acting all charitable.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So is this a code or is it tied to your account?

Basically what I'm asking is that will this be there if you get an Xbox One 1-2 years from now or does it have an expiration date?

I'm assuming the latter as it's most certainly an attempt to promotion for their new console

sith ewok

I got the e-mail as well. Psyched as I was already going to pick it up, so it saves me a little cash.

8 years live member, 140k Gamerscore, No xbox one preorder achievement as I preordered mine in store.

I haven't gotten an email yet, but I've noticed I get mine later in the day when they send out these emails

I really hope I get one, this was going to be my first digital purchase when I get it the Xbox One on the 22nd

And could some of you guys stop trying to spin this as a negative?

Got the email but since you'll apparently receive the code on your Xbox One inbox, I doubt I'll actually receive the code before it expires.

Got the email. I don't have the X1 pre-ordered though and my Gold is due to lapse soon too...

email header is your gamertag followed by how about a free game as a thank you?

T&C...

Free gift code valid only for the authorized account holder of the gamertag this email is addressed to, and is nontransferable and not redeemable for cash. Limit: 1 per gamertag. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Subject to Xbox Live system requirements and Terms of Use at www.xbox.com/live.

daman824

No.

Don't make sweeping statements like that. Maybe only the people you know.
I haven't heard of anyone who dislikes it. Which is pretty suprising considering it has been playable at every single major event. If the game played like shit, we would know it by now.

Top Bottom