• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Crackdown incoming?

Ushae

Banned
Is that an Avatar in that Rare tile, or something completely new? Looks like an updated avatar?

Also Crackdown D:

so 15 games..

Sequel/Spin Off

1. Forza 5
2. Crackdown 3?
3. Fable?
4. Halo?
5. Kinect Sports?
6. ?
7. ?

New Ip

1. Quantum Break (Remedy)
2. Black Tusk's game
3. Ryse
4. Rare's game
5. Respawn's game?
6. Maybe something from Ubisoft?
7. ?
8. ?

This really intrigues me too. I'd love to know what exactly is making a comeback and what new IP's they have ready. 15 is a fucking LOT of exclusives.

ekim

so 15 games..

Sequel/Spin Off

1. Forza 5
2. Crackdown 3?
3. Fable?
4. Halo?
5. Kinect Sports?
6. ?
7. ?

New Ip

2. Black Tusk's game
3. Ryse
4. Rare's game
5. Respawn's game?
8. ?

+ One EA game according to Buttocks. Don't know if new IP or sequel

Sponge

Banned
+ One EA game according to Buttocks. Don't know if new IP or sequel

I would be willing to say Rare is doing two games. The image shown doesn't match up with a "historic" Rare IP. Plus, Killer Instinct's trademark was renewed and Ken Lobb is still around.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Are gamer's memories that short? Crackdown was one of my favorite 360 games this gen, but then in typical fashion they ruined it with an awful sequel. Given Microsoft's lack of care for quality (unless it's Forza or Halo), how can anyone get excited for a new Crackdown?

Acheteedo

so 15 games..

Sequel/Spin Off

1. Forza 5
2. Crackdown 3?
3. Fable?
4. Halo?
5. Kinect Sports?
6. ?
7. ?

New Ip

2. Black Tusk's game
3. Ryse
4. Rare's game
5. Respawn's game?
7. ?
8. ?

You can add Kinect Fitness to this.

Also weren't MS making some kinect arcade game for the 360? It was a "kiddy" side scroller. That's not out yet, wouldn't that quality as one of the new IPs?

U2NUMB

New crackdown would be great... the middle right almost looks Gears like in style.

Are gamer's memories that short? Crackdown was one of my favorite 360 games this gen, but then in typical fashion they ruined it with an awful sequel. Given Microsoft's lack of care for quality (unless it's Forza or Halo), how can anyone get excited for a new Crackdown?

Wasn't the second game sort of crapped out pretty quickly due to fans wanting it? At this point I would assume they have had time to create a proper third game. We hope...

derFeef

What if Crackdown 3 is powered by the cloud (argh) and they can add more Orbs over time... and more... and more... *faints*

newsguy

I always wondered if they named it crack down because it was like crack. I'm sure in the QA process people heard that orb noise and likened the need to collect it to smoking cocaine rocks.

m23

Not sure if it's already been discussed but....these 15 exclusives, is that 1st Party MS Studios games? If so, would that include Respawn's game?

Jawmuncher

Crackdown 2 was such a mess that for me to be excited they have to be pushing something AMAZINg for 3. Seriously 2 was such a disappointment even in coop compared to 1. The freaks alone made the game way less fun. Considering how quickly Crackdown 2 fell in price as well when it came out I think people agreed.

I'll hold out a shred of hope though.

harSon

Banned
Not sure if it's already been discussed but....these 15 exclusives, is that 1st Party MS Studios games? If so, would that include Respawn's game?

They said 15 exclusive first part games. I'm sure this included 2nd party arrangements as well. Unless Microsoft is co-publishing then I doubt it.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Could easily be a system seller for me.
PS4 seems like a great system, but I haven't seen a game I felt I HAD to have yet.

A new, next-gen Crackdown with an ALL NEW city (I swear it better not be the same damn city again) is definitely a game I would consider a system for.

That one fraction of one screenshot got me more excited than anything else at this conference.

Only if it's like crackdown 1.

Crackdown 2 was ass

It also has a Halo logo and a bunch of other random pictures.

They had to fill it up with something other than Forza and a bunch of EA sports titles so I'm guessing its a mock-up.
This.

Why are people looking so much into this (and the Rare thing)? To the point of actually crossing off the "15 exclusives" list? All of those tiles seem like filler to me.

This.

Why are people looking so much into this (and the Rare thing)? To the point of actually crossing off the "15 exclusives" list? All of those tiles seem like filler to me.

It may be filler, but crackdown is obscure enough of a game that it seems strange to use a logo from it for no reason.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
This.

Ummm, they're quite clearly easter eggs, dude.

Rare have even said on Twitter that the tile on the Reveal demo is their game.

shinnn

They said 15 exclusive first part games. I'm sure this included 2nd party arrangements as well. Unless Microsoft is co-publishing then I doubt it.

They have said Microsoft Studios games.

Phil Spencer quote from the conference:

Microsoft Studios is investing more than ever in studios around the world the create new and original IPs for Xbox One.

In fact we have more titles in development now than any other time in the Xbox history. I'm proud to announce that Microsoft Studios plans to release more than 15 exclusive games in the first year of Xbox One, eight of which are brand new franchises.

They'd need a way to canonize how it repairs itself.

Actually it's be really cool if you had like workers of the future quickly rebuilding collapsed buildings in parts of the city you fucked up. Using construction methods of the future.

Imagine destroying a skyscraper and then watching it be built from a rooftop across the city during a sunset *drool*

Mmm. They already cannonized the death/respawn mechanic, so regenerating buildings would be easy!

Alex

The first Crackdown was super fun, if you're blown away that someone could find it fun you have to have a pretty wacky thought process.

after Crackdown 2 I have no hopes about a Crackdown 3 being even remotely similar to the first

I thought the 2nd was actually pretty good. The primary changes were to mission structure and the addition of zombies. Unfortunately these overtook the flow of the game and it felt very different. If you removed the zombies and/or improved the mission structure - the game would have been fantastic.

I'm optimistic about it.

quickwhips

Crackdown 3 would be so awesome. I don't think they will show blacktusk game though. It can't be that far along. MS doesn't show stuff that is way off from releasing usually.

jmvUYyFfjow8R.png
Huh?

Which game is this?

2VaRVqD.png

fuck y'all detectives were doing during the conference..or did you guys deliberately miss it to ride the hate train..i smell conspiracy

Wasn't Crackdown 2 universally panned for being shitty? I'm sure they could turn it around for the 3rd, but it's not as though it's guaranteed to be a fantastic game.

bryanee

Eh I enjoyed Crackdown 2, probably more than the first game in a few ways, except for those bloody protect the light bomb thingies.

Top Bottom