• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! March |OT| Girls, Girls, Girls of Spring Break!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oversized and in color!

1333161642.jpg

1333161706.jpg

YESSSSSSSSSS

So, I've never been a huge fan of Mike Mignola (IIRC, I've only read Gotham By Gaslight and the first two Hellboy-tpb's by him) but today I found out that he has also created Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder and Baltimore and I became kinda intrigued. What's the consensus on these, are they any good?

I believe I will also be picking up Atomic Robo.

This week I got All-Star Western and TMNT. Not really sure how I'm going to like this New Orleans (or the crossover) stuff for ASW, but it's still one of DC's best current series to me. TMNT is probably my favorite comic right now. Just fun to read.

Could do a riff on comic book resurrections because of Easter. Ties in to AvX nicely.

Or environmental themed characters because of Earth Day and Arbor Day.

Or famous comic characters who make up the 1% because of April 15 (Tax Day).

Or superheroes who indoctrinate their own progeny into their crimefighting ways, because of Take Your Daughter or Son to Work Day.

Or on child characters getting offed because of Child Abuse Prevention Month (too tasteless maybe?).

Just throwing those out there, feel free to come up with something else.

Could do a riff on comic book resurrections because of Easter. Ties in to AvX nicely.

Or environmental themed characters because of Earth Day and Arbor Day.

Or famous comic characters who make up the 1% because of April 15 (Tax Day).

Or superheroes who indoctrinate their own progeny into their crimefighting ways, because of Take Your Daughter or Son to Work Day.

Or on child characters getting offed because of Child Abuse Prevention Month (too tasteless maybe?).

Just throwing those out there, feel free to come up with something else.

Bolded are worth running with.

notworksafe

Not gonna be able to make one tonight but if nothing is up by Marvel posting time tomorrow I'll make a (crappy) thread.

That's a threat.

Now we just need someone to do the work and make a thread.

Not gonna be able to make one tonight but if nothing is up by Marvel posting time tomorrow I'll make a (crappy) thread.

That's a threat.

Depending on the work load at work. I may be able to cobble something together.

Anybody have suggestions for take your kids to work day? :|

Impulse. . . uh.

Crap.

Oh shi!

Now may be my chance to plug Big Blown Baby! :O

10373732014.2.GIF

Awe snap!

And Tug & Buster!

90201830668.1.GIF

Finally got around to picking up this weeks stuff. Wasn't a fan of The Avengers or the New Avengers. Ready for some new stuff. Sadly I'm still an idiot picking them up just to finish out the story. Actually didn't really like AvX 0 either. And if the whole story starts with The Vision and Wanda I'll be less interested. Two characters I care nothing about. I'll give AvX 1 a shot though.

Glad I stuck with FF though. Great issue. And TMNT was good.

Tizoc

So, I've never been a huge fan of Mike Mignola (IIRC, I've only read Gotham By Gaslight and the first two Hellboy-tpb's by him) but today I found out that he has also created Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder and Baltimore and I became kinda intrigued. What's the consensus on these, are they any good?

Much of what Mignola wrote is good, so I would recommend giving those books a read.
If you want to get into Hellboy and BPRD, I'll gladly write up a reading order list for you ;3

Much of what Mignola wrote is good, so I would recommend giving those books a read.
If you want to get into Hellboy and BPRD, I'll gladly write up a reading order list for you ;3

Always be careful with such words....

If you're really serious, I'll gladly accept your list and add it to my ever-growing "to read"-pile. I must admit, though, that I'm kinda interested about BPRD since it seems that every time I visit my LCS, I seem to run into something by Mignola by default - today I was picking up my copy of Punisher: Widowmaker and caught a glimpse of Plague of Frogs tpb and was instantly reminded of your post :D

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
No new thread. No Satchwar for DC releases. Comics-GAF is dying on me.

^Unfortunately. Sometimes I wonder how on Earth anyone can find out that a good comic just came out. There's no commercials or radio to advertise great comics that lots of people would like, such as the new Daredevil or Punisher comics.

So, I started reading that Dungeons and Dragons comic <__< I really am enjoying it.

Bree the rouge halfling is so cool.

idone.jpg

beholder reaction image!

beholderreaction.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom